Posted Image

#85 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

So the games for each console pretty much fell out of the bag as expected; new Final Fantasy, new Halo, more CoD...

However the consoles wars themselves are getting quite interesting.

Sony has announced at its E3 press conference that the PlayStation 4 will launch "this holiday season", at a US$399/€399/£349 price point.

This makes the US price of the PlayStation 4 20% cheaper than Microsoft's Xbox One, which will be US$499.

Additionally, Sony took various digs at Microsoft during its conference. Sony confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not introduce any new DRM schemes, there will be no new restrictions on trading used games, and the console will not require users to periodically connect to the Internet.

The Xbox One has been criticised for its used game policy and DRM system which requires users to check-in with Microsoft's online service at least once every 24 hours.

Used and traded games are a big part of my life, been doing that since N64 days so this news pretty much sells one of the consoles to me - at this stage. Will be interesting to see Microsofts retaliation to basically being caught bent over, with their pants down, covered in gravy

Would be better if you knew a little more truth behind what has been said thus far. http://www.wpcentral...s-talk-xbox-drm
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#86 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'm really not prepared to consider the undoubtedly biased "truth" of Windows Phone Central talking about Microsoft's DRM policies.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#87 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

That may be true. But there are undoubtedly some excellent points made. Plus do you really think any media is being truly unbiased right now? Everyone is jumping on the PS4 bandwagon all b/c of Sony's PR ploy at E3. I just hope they get exactly what they THINK they are getting.
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#88 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Heh. It's common fact that no media is unbiased. :P As for Sony's PR ploy, you can't really fault it. It's exactly what I would have done in their position.

Although, I do hope the XB1 sells at least somewhat well, if only to force Sony to keep innovating and developing, rather than allowing them to stagnate. I completely disagree with Microsoft's choices and policies on this one, which is why i vote Sony.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#89 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

You stole..... all the memes and gifs i was going to post. O.o

Your welcome :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#90 warhammerkeith

warhammerkeith

Meatshield

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

I don't know if this was mention? But you aren't able to remove the harddrive at all from xbox one. And I watch on you tube regards to 500 hdd. That the hdd 500 is going to use more space from the software. So it might be 400gb or less not sure. You know how microsoft is.

On ps4 you are able to remove the harddrive. Cause what happens if you have to bring ps4 for a repair? Just remove the harddrive.

What happens if your xbox one needs a repair? You can't remove the harddrive. As their famous repair centers. They give you another used xbox, that they don't repair your xbox 360.

It's going to be the same for the xbox one. You sent it to the repiar center. You get a used one. And your harddrive was replace. I bet they would say 'well you wouldn't have that problem if you're gold and place everything on the cloud'

Also on youtube the guy mention, the xbox one kinect microphone will always be on. You aren't able to turn it off. So when you're in a party chat playing games (chapter match). You would be hearing everyone.
warhammerkeith, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2013.

#91 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

I read that Holy, WPCentral is part of my morning routine because I have a WP8 device.

I didn't watch the Sony E3 thing, I made up my mind by watching the Microsoft event before it; alongwith a few other things like games coming to each console

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#92 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Would be better if you knew a little more truth behind what has been said thus far. http://www.wpcentral...s-talk-xbox-drm

Yes the article is obviously biased but don't think they would blatantly lie about any of the facts. I will be laughing if the majority of developers of PS4 games enforce the DRM policy on their games and bitchslaps everyone crying about the XB1 enforcing it.

The online once every day thing makes some sense but can be annoying for a lot of people. Microsoft has alienated much of its user base with this alone, and they know it. They are counting on the people who can reliably stay connected to the internet to purchase this and completely scorn everyone else.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#93 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Well I surpose it depends on how they enforce the checking once every 24/hr (other than the obvious) if they do it at a set time that can fuck people over. However if they do it so that you can choose check in at any time then it can better for alot of people that have dodgy connection's.
Posted Image

#94 warhammerkeith

warhammerkeith

Meatshield

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Well I surpose it depends on how they enforce the checking once every 24/hr (other than the obvious) if they do it at a set time that can fuck people over. However if they do it so that you can choose check in at any time then it can better for alot of people that have dodgy connection's.

Like microsoft mention in a interview from e3. If you want offline stick with xbox 360. His telling the viewers don't buy an xbox one. Well that's how I come across it.
warhammerkeith, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2013.

#95 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

If I want offline I should stick with a 360? Thanks for the endorsement Microsoft, I think I'll buy a PS4 now!

Oh, wait.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#96 Trollet

Trollet

Captain of the 3rd company

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

The only people that have ever had a problem with the used market are the big companies, and that applies to all areas of marketing, not just gaming.

I would say that the only ones who would be damaged by the used market is the small companies and producers.. the big ones will always find enough buyers.
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

#97 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

The only people that have ever had a problem with the used market are the big companies, and that applies to all areas of marketing, not just gaming.

I would say that the only ones who would be damaged by the used market is the small companies and producers.. the big ones will always find enough buyers.

lol

DEATH TO INDIE GAMES!!!

Posted Image

#98 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

I don't know if this was mention? But you aren't able to remove the harddrive at all from xbox one. And I watch on you tube regards to 500 hdd. That the hdd 500 is going to use more space from the software. So it might be 400gb or less not sure. You know how microsoft is.

On ps4 you are able to remove the harddrive. Cause what happens if you have to bring ps4 for a repair? Just remove the harddrive.

What happens if your xbox one needs a repair? You can't remove the harddrive. As their famous repair centers. They give you another used xbox, that they don't repair your xbox 360.

It's going to be the same for the xbox one. You sent it to the repiar center. You get a used one. And your harddrive was replace. I bet they would say 'well you wouldn't have that problem if you're gold and place everything on the cloud'

Also on youtube the guy mention, the xbox one kinect microphone will always be on. You aren't able to turn it off. So when you're in a party chat playing games (chapter match). You would be hearing everyone.

Gold or not you get cloud storage. As for the Kinect your wrong. From the first time you start it up, yes, the microphone is one and listening. But, you can disable all functions of the Kinect at anytime, just like I can do with my Kinect now. And yeah Sony's little PR ploy was cute and all but they just told us everything they aren't doing, maybe it's time for them to man up and tell us what they ARE doing.

If I want offline I should stick with a 360? Thanks for the endorsement Microsoft, I think I'll buy a PS4 now!

Oh, wait.

So let me get this strait. It's 2013 and you are worried about playing offline? Hmmm. Interesting, considering a lot of next Gen titles will require you to be online. You know the big ones like Destiny and Elder Scrolls Online. I can't imagine with a name like "Elder Scrolls Online" that you would be able to play offline.  

Heh. It's common fact that no media is unbiased. :P As for Sony's PR ploy, you can't really fault it. It's exactly what I would have done in their position.

Although, I do hope the XB1 sells at least somewhat well, if only to force Sony to keep innovating and developing, rather than allowing them to stagnate. I completely disagree with Microsoft's choices and policies on this one, which is why i vote Sony.

Sony? Innovating!? HA HA. Sony has done NOTHING innovative this time around. They may have freshed up specs and aesthetics but where is the innovation? They did exactly what Apple did with the iPhone 5 this time around. They played it safe. You want to know why? Whether you like it or not Sony as a company is doing BAD. They couldn't afford to mess things up currently so, they played it safe and did what we use to do back in the day with each new console, Update everything and include better graphics. Microsoft on the other had is at least trying to innovate. Sure they are getting bashed for it now, but when Steam was brand new with their DRM's everyone hated them. But now if you are part of "the elite race" or whatever they say anymore, chances are you have steam. Chances are you buy your games off of steam when they go on sale. This is the norm for computer people. But what if Microsoft is trying to do this as well within their own services and ecosystems? NO console has done that thus far. And hate it or not but the Kinect itself is an innovation. You don't see youtube videos of people jailbreaking the PlayStation Eye and using it for multiple purposes do you? So tell me again how Sony is being innovative?

I read that Holy, WPCentral is part of my morning routine because I have a WP8 device.

I didn't watch the Sony E3 thing, I made up my mind by watching the Microsoft event before it; alongwith a few other things like games coming to each console

Fantastic! another fellow WP8 person! You should check out the app Weave News Reader. I love it! I, like you read my news from there every morning.
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#99 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Dat essay.

Lets be honest Holy, what Microsoft is doing isn't innovation, it's flat out extortion and effectively regime imposing: you will play always online, with a Kinect, or you will not play at all? No, sorry, don't like that.

There's a reason people have a problem with this shit.

Sony don't need to be innovative to compete with this, because this (aka, Microsoft's policies) are just terrible. Go look at the facebook comments on Microsoft's new cover photo by the way. It's quite the read.

Yes, in 2013 I have a problem with having to be constantly connected to the internet. Not everyone has a constant internet connection, and not everyone can afford one. I shouldn't be penalised for that.

By the way, this essentially makes Live Gold mandatory. Which means it will become even more expensive over time compared to the PS4. Well, that or you have one hell of a doorstop.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#100 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Go look at the facebook comments on Microsoft's new cover photo by the way. It's quite the read.

Thanks for sharing this, so many lulz :D

microsofts new logo should be a giant middle finger next to the word consumer.

Posted Image

Change Theme!