115 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

So the games for each console pretty much fell out of the bag as expected; new Final Fantasy, new Halo, more CoD...

However the consoles wars themselves are getting quite interesting.

Sony has announced at its E3 press conference that the PlayStation 4 will launch "this holiday season", at a US$399/€399/£349 price point.

This makes the US price of the PlayStation 4 20% cheaper than Microsoft's Xbox One, which will be US$499.

Additionally, Sony took various digs at Microsoft during its conference. Sony confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not introduce any new DRM schemes, there will be no new restrictions on trading used games, and the console will not require users to periodically connect to the Internet.

The Xbox One has been criticised for its used game policy and DRM system which requires users to check-in with Microsoft's online service at least once every 24 hours.

Used and traded games are a big part of my life, been doing that since N64 days so this news pretty much sells one of the consoles to me - at this stage. Will be interesting to see Microsofts retaliation to basically being caught bent over, with their pants down, covered in gravy

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

Well Cru, I have to agree with you. This whole fiasco with the xbox 1 is just dumb. I want to know what Microsoft execs were thinking this whole time? They have essentially committed business suicide by alienating a large portion of their playerbase. I will not be buying this new console.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#3 Richard223

Richard223

Pilgrim of Knowledge..and stuff

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

Well...The PS4 is the better choice. By a fair bit.
Posted Image

#4 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well ive been a long term fan of the xbox and i buy all of my games so i dont honestly care about the used game thing and i have Internet 24/7 so i dont really care about that, im sticking with the xbox
Posted Image

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

It's like they made a list of everything they shouldn't do, and then just did that.

Interestingly, Sony has already done something like Microsoft here. Final Fantasy 11 is one of the most successful MMOs in history, it ranks HIGHER than World of Warcraft and because of that it has suffered terribly under gold sellers, botters and other nefarious forms of online society. Sony and SEnix did a joint venture to make a new version called Final Fantasy 14 and made DAMN sure that it was bulletproof from those curses - sadly they locked it up in so much DRM and speedbump crap that it was fucking terrible; so they shut the servers down and spent 2 years redeveloping the thing (also every high-up developer/producer/exec got fired) and are only just rereleasing it.

It's kind of nice that they learned and we (I) don't have to suffer through that crap again!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Sony has made a better gaming console (again) but Microsoft isn't going to win this with better software and features like they did with the 360. And I doubt Nintendo is gonna come out with their next 64 any time soon. Sony is gonna win this generation hands down.

Sadly, I won't be able to afford it. It's gonna be considerably cheaper to go PC gaming, and over the years Steam has grown on me, as well as the many more PC exclusive titles than both consoles combined. In my eyes, PC gaming is gonna be cheaper and more worth it, just like how it's always been.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#7 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

mmmmm bungie in playstation with destiny sounds like defiance to me anyways yea playstation has convinced me alot more than xbox this time....man its even cheaper by console standards and they havent forgot what a console is about to play games and that about being able to play games from the ps1(and other ps) ohhhh hell yea! spyro megaman x crash bandicoot

Sweet old childhood here i come :heart:
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Both consoles will require subscriptions to play online now. In terms of $NZ, Playstation is $25 for 3 months and Xbox is $11 a month. Playstation gives you free games (one of which will always be a PS4 game) and discounts. Xbox will offer discounts and 360 games on the 360.

Another smackdown for Sony

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Well, looks like I called it.

The price tag on the PS4 surprised me though. More incentive to get online with it too.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm going to find it funny as hell if this sites been a mainly Xbox site and will end up a mainly PS4 site. Even funnier when you consider JC being caught on the wrong side of the fence both times ^~ :P

cruSig2.jpg

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Lol

cruSig2.jpg

#12 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Source of subscription?

Posted Image

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Source of subscription?

XBL isn't changing from now (which now comes with 1 free old game each month)

Playstation Source: http://www.gameplane...-play/#comments

cruSig2.jpg

#14 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

play station have not one yet the one or the "Xbone" as people are calling it has a pretty damn good lineup and it looks like microsoft are going down the route of trying to keep there users on the 360 ther untill they gat alot of good games.
So hell why should i buy the PS4 when i can stay on my 360 for a couple more years. 
This is fucking funny
Spoiler

Posted Image

#15 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

#16 DiabloDarkWolf

DiabloDarkWolf

Swish Swish Stab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Origin:Tribute2TheRev
  • Xbox Live:DiabloDarkWolf
  • PSN:DiabloDarkWolf
  • Steam:diablodarkwolf
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

think im with the majority of you guys at this point unless microsoft pulls there finger out there asses and fixes the whole every 24 hour connection to the internet aswell as the use game policy and the cost of the console im going ps4 aswell as 3 just for space marine
I WILL NOT
KEEP CALM
I WILL
RAISE HELL
AND
BREAK SHIT.

#17 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

What (as gamers who whenever they go on there xbox go on line anyway) do you dislike about the checking up once every 24 hours?
Posted Image

#18 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

i cant believe you can only play offline for 1 hour a day, what if your internet is down, a $500 consoles thats worth as much as a brick..... hhhooorraaaayyyyyyyyy.......

As well xbox one is not backwards compatible thus meaning you have to keep your 360 as well to even play your old games...
Posted Image

#19 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Its not like they are making it hard for you to keep your 360 and play your older games hell they are openly develpoing new title for it still.

And I'm not sure about you but for me the power goes out about as often as once a month and plus if your power is out you cant play it at all becaue you have no power or did sony announce that the PS4 doesn't require power.
Posted Image

#20 DiabloDarkWolf

DiabloDarkWolf

Swish Swish Stab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Origin:Tribute2TheRev
  • Xbox Live:DiabloDarkWolf
  • PSN:DiabloDarkWolf
  • Steam:diablodarkwolf
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

im more worried about my internet fucking up like rom says what if you loose connection for more than 24 hours and i dont have a problem with power going off and it seems there trying to make more money off us by buying the new console and not been able to trade in the old one to the new on just because its not backwards compatable well this sucks.
I WILL NOT
KEEP CALM
I WILL
RAISE HELL
AND
BREAK SHIT.

Change Theme!