#102 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Sony? Innovating!? HA HA. Sony has done NOTHING innovative this time around. They may have freshed up specs and aesthetics but where is the innovation? They did exactly what Apple did with the iPhone 5 this time around. They played it safe. You want to know why? Whether you like it or not Sony as a company is doing BAD. They couldn't afford to mess things up currently so, they played it safe and did what we use to do back in the day with each new console, Update everything and include better graphics. Microsoft on the other had is at least trying to innovate. Sure they are getting bashed for it now, but when Steam was brand new with their DRM's everyone hated them. But now if you are part of "the elite race" or whatever they say anymore, chances are you have steam. Chances are you buy your games off of steam when they go on sale. This is the norm for computer people. But what if Microsoft is trying to do this as well within their own services and ecosystems? NO console has done that thus far. And hate it or not but the Kinect itself is an innovation. You don't see youtube videos of people jailbreaking the PlayStation Eye and using it for multiple purposes do you? So tell me again how Sony is being innovative?

I hate to say it, but we haven't invented a new Red Ray disk, like the Blue ray was for the DvD, also, the new controllers storing all your info/games so that you don't have to worry about carrying CD's that are easily breakable or lugging a HUGE case around like we did/do for ps3/xbox cd's isn't innovative? If you didn't notice, you can only share your games on the xbox with ONE other person, and they have to be on your XBL friends list for 30 days. SO what happens when you want to give it to your little brother/sister or other friends? I'm sorry, but while there are plenty of people that are connected all the time, many people aren't. I still have friends back in Kansas that aren't connected and are now bummed out that they cant play new blue ray dvd's/games on the Xbone. Please don't get upset with people because we don't share your opinion. Also, while it may be "innovative" to put your games on your account and go to your friends and log in, WHEN was the last time you actively remembered your account name/password? (I dont mean you specifically, I meant it plural, and if you use the same password for everything, you need to change that up, because if someone gets that password, your F*cked) One more bash, then I'm done, but the Kinect is NOT innovative, pretty sure the Wii had it first?

9JeXAbU.jpg

Do not wonder those who are good without God, Pitty those who need God to be good.

#103 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

[Spoiler=Thought I'd give a fail from Sony for a change :)]Posted Image[/spoiler]

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#104 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

I hate to say it, but we haven't invented a new Red Ray disk, like the Blue ray was for the DvD, also, the new controllers storing all your info/games so that you don't have to worry about carrying CD's that are easily breakable or lugging a HUGE case around like we did/do for ps3/xbox cd's isn't innovative? If you didn't notice, you can only share your games on the xbox with ONE other person, and they have to be on your XBL friends list for 30 days. SO what happens when you want to give it to your little brother/sister or other friends? I'm sorry, but while there are plenty of people that are connected all the time, many people aren't. I still have friends back in Kansas that aren't connected and are now bummed out that they cant play new blue ray dvd's/games on the Xbone. Please don't get upset with people because we don't share your opinion. Also, while it may be "innovative" to put your games on your account and go to your friends and log in, WHEN was the last time you actively remembered your account name/password? (I dont mean you specifically, I meant it plural, and if you use the same password for everything, you need to change that up, because if someone gets that password, your F*cked) One more bash, then I'm done, but the Kinect is NOT innovative, pretty sure the Wii had it first?
[/quote]

Wii did have the idea of controlling games via motion controllers yes. Then Sony copied the idea. Microsoft Created a camera that recognizes motion and voice communication without the use of a controller. Big difference. In regards to sharing games, you can do that with up to 10 people digitally. Steam offers no such thing. Plus I don't share my games with people. People in general are careless and tend to destroy things I lend them so not to worried about physically sharing a disc with someone because it will never happen. As for "Red-Ray" discs or what ever is next, it's all ready here. It's called digital. Digital books out sell "physical" books 2 to 1. Music has went the same way as well. Look at iTunes or even an app marketplace, all digital. Most computers don't even come with a disc drive b/c its not needed. (i.e. Tablets and ultrabooks). Lastly, who in there right mind would give someone anything that belongs to you if you had know them for less than 30 days!?

[quote='Authrix' pid='163400' dateline='1371493443']
Dat essay.

Lets be honest Holy, what Microsoft is doing isn't innovation, it's flat out extortion and effectively regime imposing: you will play always online, with a Kinect, or you will not play at all? No, sorry, don't like that.

There's a reason people have a problem with this shit.

Sony don't need to be innovative to compete with this, because this (aka, Microsoft's policies) are just terrible. Go look at the facebook comments on Microsoft's new cover photo by the way. It's quite the read.

Yes, in 2013 I have a problem with having to be constantly connected to the internet. Not everyone has a constant internet connection, and not everyone can afford one. I shouldn't be penalised for that.

By the way, this essentially makes Live Gold mandatory. Which means it will become even more expensive over time compared to the PS4. Well, that or you have one hell of a doorstop.
[/quote]

You just jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else as far as I'm concerned. And Extortion!? lol Conspiracy theorize much? They are trying to make things easier for those of us who do happen to use the internet. (Which you seam to use quite a bit for someone worried about staying off of it.) If we go to a friends house, we can sign in and play there with our games with out lugging along anything. Yes, you will be online but you don't have to use the Kinect. It CAN, say it with me this time, CAN be disabled from your gameplay, chats, streaming, or other peripheral controls. You also control the privacy on the entire system. As for Gold Live, I can't imagine having a console and not being able to use it to it's full potential. Also you know PS now requires the same service if you are to play online as well. Once again, a lot of these next gen titles will require some kind of Online. (i.e. Destiny, Diablo 3, Elder Scrolls Online, just to name a few.)
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#105 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Holy Shadows you are my hero.

Everyone crying and complaining on the interwebz about this seems to have never played a computer game in the last few years since Steam has been around. The only valid argument is the fact that third parties in non-US/UK countries seem to charge insane prices for video games. With this new system you get unified prices for EVERYONE. Microsoft extorting people? It's more like they're getting rid of the extortion that already exists and replacing it with fair pricing for all (and hopefully following the Steam model and giving discounts more often).

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#106 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

ya cause everyone uses steam and computers cant be played offline....right? guys???? right????
(end of sarcasm.)

and why do you guys seem to think they are going to give discounts with the Xb1 when they don't now?? hell it wouldn't be hard for me to go find several old games at full price to download to my 360 right now that I could get cheap at game stop...

Posted Image

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#107 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

What that fails to mention is that publishers have the choice to use DMR, and I'm sure many will so half of those things are no different on either console.

This article pretty much sums up the whole once a day checking:
http://www.ign.com/b...of-the-xbox-one

"For people who live in America, and a lot of the ones bitching in the comments section, everyone and their great grandmothers has internet now. Most have high speed internet. If you can't afford internet, you shouldn't be buying a $400-500 box. "

And the mandatory camera...let's focus on it being mandatory and not the massive improvements that have been made to the device since its inception. Additionally, it is not very hard to circumvent this by say making it face the wall or putting a piece of cloth in front of it...

Sony's PR machine is doing wonders for Sony as it should. Microsoft has made a lot of questionable decisions that will severely limit its exposure, and Sony is taking huge advantage of that. People are just crying because they cant sell their games to gamestop anymore for 1/10th the value that gamestop resells it for (0% of which goes to the actual game developers)...

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#108 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Having a slow connection still allows you to post but if you dont have broadband then xbox one isnt for you

Gold membership is still more expensive than ps plus ( you can play free games with out *plus* if you have *plus* it extends to your vita ps *plus* is just for multiplayer and for games that require it some games you will be able to play them online with out plus)

Xbox will have region block for their games (guys in other countries i feel sorry for you)

If your choosing your consoles for performance and specs ps4 has a little advantage

Microsoft and sony both blame the publishers for the DRM but sony atleast said their own ips wont allowed any of it

Microsoft can say the same in the future but sony was faster thus getting alot more of support from people

No one is jumping on the bandwagon nor thinking in evil conspiracys when being asked microsoft has showed till now poor character with the people and jumped with arrogant responses and being defensive because they know they could have done a better job in delivering the info but they didnt they screwed up

Reasons why we see alot of people being worried in and out of gaming comunitys

Im not saying xbox one sucks but it does have a lot more *restrictions* than his previous

And why focus on soo many app elements (tv.sports.etc.) if you wanna pay for that go ahead but first cancel your tv service you dont wanna be paying double for something you allready had

If having all of those features not related to gaming appeal to you go ahead the xbox unifies your music. vids. social networks into one box

If you just want to get into your couch and play a game online/offline with out anything bugging you go with ps4

You also said sony went with the safe bet well that worked for them microsoft played their cards horribly something they cant undone but can still fix

MMO tittles will require online all the time if you dont have internet then yea it will suck for you but atleast if you have a ps4 you can take your console to a place with internet plug it and play and if your travelling and your place dosent have internet no problem you can play your other games

If you got an xbox one and try to take it to with you you may have problems because of the 24hr check up when ever your in a trip or somewhere nice with out connection then you better leave it home in his low power state it will keep updating but you wont be able to play

In weird casses you may loose connection to the internet even at home if this happens between the check up of the xbox then it will block your games and you will have to unblock it (people in big cities do not need to worry but if you break your modem somehow or it stops working then you better get a new one fast) i still havent got to the part on how to unlock your console i hope its just a phone call or something like

You also said:

*Sony's little PR ploy was cute and all but they just told us everything they aren't doing, maybe it's time for them to man up and tell us what they ARE doing*

People are jumping on the *bandwagon* because at first sight ps4 looks more friendly than an xbox one and both microsoft and sony are displaying the rest of their story throu blogs and online reads soo no body is hidding anything now

Maybe its time for microsoft to man up and get their stuff toguether realise they f uck it up and prove people that their console isnt that crap even with all the restrictions
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#109 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

For the record you can share games with Steam. You just let them sign into your steam on their computer and download games to their harddrive that you have already payed for. And games you buy physically arent locked to your Steam (not all the time anyway), I let someone borrow DoW Retribution and he installed it without any problems or restrictions.

Steams model is WAY better than what Microfail are now doing, and stop claiming there will be discounts! Do you think they'd give more discounts than they do already out of the kindness of their own heart? NO! This is peoples assumptions with no evidence!

People hate Microfail because they did what people specifically didnt want them to do, and Sony has done everything people want (except backwards compatibility) so are obviously more popular in the eyes of the consumer.

Hardcore gamers want a games console, not something that does a dozen things they already have machines and services for already. Microsoft has made a stupid decision for not focusing on their main target audience and out right screwing over a good portion of it. Sony hasn't.

And there's nothing wrong with the Sony Bandwagon, most of you did it with the 360! This is the exact same situation as the last generation of consoles but the sides have switched!

And even if someone is legible for all the services Microsofts offers, people aren't gonna support something that screws over a huge portion of gamers around the world, they'd rather boycott it to send the message to Microfail that this isn't acceptable!

Posted Image

#110 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

You may be a traitorous heretic scum jc but your not selfish i thank you for that
Posted Image

#111 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Should just point out something that you appear to be confused on JACC

In order to use a streamed service (eg Netflix, Sky, Hulu, pandora) on the XB1 you need to pay for Xbox Live subscription AND the subscriptions for each individual streaming service you use. Should you fail to pay for one of them (XBL or Content Provider) then you're cold turkey'd

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#112 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

yup i totally go it cru as i said if your gonna use everything the xbox one offers you then people should stop paying their tv service since your gonna be paying all of that on the xbox and even more ( if you contract them ofcourse your gonna pay more)

maybe i didnt explain my self in order but yea i know you have to pay for each of them separetly if you want to watch them (i know they are not forcing you to pay for them)

but i have sky soo no ty xbox i like my tv service anyways little missunderstanding thanks for the heads up and again i know (just making sure :P )
Posted Image

#113 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Dat essay.

Lets be honest Holy, what Microsoft is doing isn't innovation, it's flat out extortion and effectively regime imposing: you will play always online, with a Kinect, or you will not play at all? No, sorry, don't like that.

There's a reason people have a problem with this shit.

Sony don't need to be innovative to compete with this, because this (aka, Microsoft's policies) are just terrible. Go look at the facebook comments on Microsoft's new cover photo by the way. It's quite the read.

Yes, in 2013 I have a problem with having to be constantly connected to the internet. Not everyone has a constant internet connection, and not everyone can afford one. I shouldn't be penalised for that.

By the way, this essentially makes Live Gold mandatory. Which means it will become even more expensive over time compared to the PS4. Well, that or you have one hell of a doorstop.

You just jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else as far as I'm concerned. And Extortion!? lol Conspiracy theorize much? They are trying to make things easier for those of us who do happen to use the internet. (Which you seam to use quite a bit for someone worried about staying off of it.) If we go to a friends house, we can sign in and play there with our games with out lugging along anything. Yes, you will be online but you don't have to use the Kinect. It CAN, say it with me this time, CAN be disabled from your gameplay, chats, streaming, or other peripheral controls. You also control the privacy on the entire system. As for Gold Live, I can't imagine having a console and not being able to use it to it's full potential. Also you know PS now requires the same service if you are to play online as well. Once again, a lot of these next gen titles will require some kind of Online. (i.e. Destiny, Diablo 3, Elder Scrolls Online, just to name a few.)

Ooh, looks like someone's trying to portray their opinion as objective fact. That's a no-no my friend.

To be honest, I stopped reading after the third line. The pure vitriol in those first three tells me that you're not the kind of person I'll have a balanced conversation with.

It's not a conspiracy. I don't want Kinect or Gold, but I would have to buy both to use an XB1.

As for bandwagoning, I brought this up befpre E3. I recieved a lot of flak for it. A lot of people told me to wait until after E3. A lot of those people now agree with me.

Jumping on the bandwagon? No, I'm driving the bandwagon, son.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#114 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Keep it civil you two, this discussion is about bashing Microfail and Sony, not eachother ;)

Posted Image

#115 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

So who is making it personal now I wonder...

#116 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

This thread has run it's course. Valid points have been made, but now it's just degenerating. Thank you all for coming out

Thread closed

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

Change Theme!