Photo

It's cheating and I'm going to prove it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#61 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Everyone doesn't think the same way as me though. They should though. =P

lol thats always a good outlook on life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0TEvK-mjlg

this video is also a good representation of the imperium of mans outlook on the universe
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#62 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

YOU'RE RIGHT! I'M ANGRY! >=D

I have no idea on how to do a jump swing and I really don't want to know how to seems. Its like if I learn a cheat code for a game I am always tempted to use it and I don't want to use because it will take some of the fun out of it. Come to think about I don't have a hammer class =P

I want to be challenged in a game where both sides have a fighting chance but if it is just instant kill here and instant kill there just makes me think what is the point.

Always feels good to speak about how a game is and what you expect from a game's community. Though you will usually be disappointed as I have said before people think differently.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#63 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

^^i agree fuzzy^^ and a devvy can be taken out by many other means than a fuckin hammer such as a pony fully loaded with VL charges XD
Posted Image

#64 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I will never condone the use of glitches. Sadly, as much as we are all gentlemen and above using them others are not, and it is therefore necessary to develop counters, especially seeing as it will likely never be removed.

I think the best way to limit this is to introduce rulings within each chapter against the abuse of glitches. This won't account for randoms, but at least chapter games will be safe.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#65 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I will never condone the use of glitches. Sadly, as much as we are all gentlemen and above using them others are not, and it is therefore necessary to develop counters, especially seeing as it will likely never be removed.

I think the best way to limit this is to introduce rulings within each chapter against the abuse of glitches. This won't account for randoms, but at least chapter games will be safe.

this is a very good thing to say but if were being realistic what are the chances of it? as unfourtunate as it is the majority of our own chapters A-team abuse this glitch constantly and even our champion

*edit: also some chapters may have different ideas about what is and isnt a glitch meaning that there would be inevitable arguments. the only way this could be properly enforced on the off chance that it could possibly happen but probably wont would be to have a community wide vote.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#66 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Well said very well said indeed.

#67 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

use your knifes damnit! :P also you could try to tell those hammer guys to use a bolt pistol instead, the glitch wont work with a bolt pistol right? ofcourse that will only happen in chapter matches i guess
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#68 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

new term coinage in the making

"Hamspam"

;)

edit: 30 seconds in photoshop :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

new term coinage in the making

"Hamspam"

;)

edit: 30 seconds in photoshop :D

Posted Image

By god I think the mans on to something!

#70 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

spider you legend!

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#71 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but my posts weren't meant to sound condescending or anything (although that seem to be that way after reading it), but more of just counterpoints to all the points brought up about hammers (which I think are all invalid except for the fact that it is a glitch).

Excellent picture by the way.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#72 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Why are you "beating a dead horse"? It's already dead! Wtf did it ever do to you!?

#73 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Why are you "beating a dead horse"? It's already dead! Wtf did it ever do to you!?

http://bit.ly/13ufbCl

Entry #4 on the first link Fuzzy

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#74 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Ah now it makes perfect sense! Hell it's even justified!

#75 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I wouldn't say it's cheating personally, just a natural unfair advantage.

How do you define cheating then in this game? Taking advantage of a glitch that let's you do something not intended by the game is cheating in my books and most games that have developer involvement will either patch the issue or ban those who use it if patching fails.

Remember how everyone lost their shit over the Blood Eagle spawn camping glitch? Why was that different from the thunder hammer glitch?

I don't want to be too aggressive over this issue since I don't see it going away but I am curious why the line in the sand has been drawn on the side in favour of the glitch.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#76 PedyG2X

PedyG2X

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

YOU'RE RIGHT! I'M ANGRY! >=D

I have no idea on how to do a jump swing and I really don't want to know how to seems. Its like if I learn a cheat code for a game I am always tempted to use it and I don't want to use because it will take some of the fun out of it. Come to think about I don't have a hammer class =P

I want to be challenged in a game where both sides have a fighting chance but if it is just instant kill here and instant kill there just makes me think what is the point.

Could not say it any better then myself, thxs DX for posting this and feeling the same on that as you do. Also much respect to Opeth of Epica on how you feel of how it is used and how to bet it do feel the same myself. Glad to see this thread not go to south and was more of a respectable and reasonable discussion on the issue.

#77 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Could not say it any better then myself, thxs DX for posting this and feeling the same on that as you do. Also much respect to Opeth of Epica on how you feel of how it is used and how to bet it do feel the same myself. Glad to see this thread not go to south and was more of a respectable and reasonable discussion on the issue.

And thank you for actually reading my rants :D.

#78 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Rare sight to see when a discussion goes well and doesn't become a rage/flame thread or completely off topic =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#79 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Rare sight to see when a discussion goes well and doesn't become a rage/flame thread or completely off topic =P

That because the trolls (Gerhart, White etc) and Dern are gone.

#80 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

So Trollhart, Trollern and Trollite have gone =P

Well I think we should stop or we will make it off topic with new names for people who were banned... =P

Change Theme!