Photo

It's cheating and I'm going to prove it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#21 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I was talking about spending time finding glitches not testing weapons there is nothing wrong with that, if I have misinterpreted the meaning of you post I apologize but mine was talking about spending time finding exploits like the jump swing or the charged plasma pistol sword strike and then Capitalizing on them.
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#22 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sorry guys, I'm on my phone so quoting is a nightmare so I won't :P JC- idk about that, can't say I remember ever seeing something like that.
And yeah there are a good number of glitches in the game but like someone said, other glitches don't give you a half-mile one hit kill zone.
No, this isn't directed towards anyone.. Well rather, it's meant for people who think it's a legit/intended move (hence the proving part). But this isn't supposed to be an attack by any means

EDIT: Also, you can get out of plasma charges by switching to sidearm anyways
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#23 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Surely that classes the melta charge as a glitch. I mean, no one could have meant to put that in the game...

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#24 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Surely that classes the melta charge as a glitch. I mean, no one could have meant to put that in the game...

Lol except one is a perk and the other is a move that can only be used with a certain weapon equipped and glitches out of a shoulder check and swings when it's not supposed to. Yeah, totally the same thing
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#25 Iron Hand

Iron Hand

Lord Of Medusa

• Members
  • Others:
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

There are a bunch of exploitable glitches in the game, Its sad really but we just have to deal with them if we want to keep playing.
Postad bild

#26 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I was talking about spending time finding glitches not testing weapons there is nothing wrong with that, if I have misinterpreted the meaning of you post I apologize but mine was talking about spending time finding exploits like the jump swing or the charged plasma pistol sword strike and then Capitalizing on them.

I prolly misworded my post as well, ive been known to do that from time to time :D:D
Posted Image

#27 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yeah I have to edit mine like three or four times after I write them just so I can try to convey the point I intended, or I just start getting paranoid about what I wrote :)

#28 PedyG2X

PedyG2X

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just put my 2 cents on this. Honestly know its glitch when you cant use a bolt pistol to do the same thing with a plasma pistol. Seem rather unfare for the folks out there that like using the bolt pistol instead. I dont see how they can have it one way but not the other. Biggest reason never care to learn to use it cause always know it was a glitch once I heard about that.

My big thing latly often with people is placing folks in curtain groups, oh this guy a melta or master crafted Nads users. Stuff like that, really dont have problem peeps using things they put in the game with the intent of how it suppose to be used. Dont make them bad or anything. Alot peeps call curtain weapons Broke, but you can say that alot of differnt ones in curtain perks. Least they using a weapon with perks that was intented to how it was pose to be used and not find lil way to make them glitch.

Have no prob with peeps using tatics like rapid deploy melta or so on. If they think it helps them win the game go for it. All I know most peeps that use that kinda game play die alot but if it helps them win or if that there way of keeping the advantage good on them least there tring to win legitlly. Only problem peeps should have on here are folks that use glitches non-stop for there advantage. An also a few rants to the Emperor due to the foreign Warp storms that cause assaults and other peeps to teleport around ya or throw you.

#29 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Well my main problem with the Melta is improved Melta charge.

If you somehow survive one shot from the Melta against someone not using Improved Melta Charge you have a chance as they have a second or two while doing their recharge/cooldown.

But if you face someone with Improved Melta Charge they can fire a shot almost every second so you can remove their armour or if you're lucky survive on little health until someone with a butterknife stabs you. =P

Also I just hate shotguns/weapons like shotguns on all games.

Most instant kill weapons piss me off. One shots on Gears Three pisses me off. Binary Rifles on Halo 4 pisses me off. Melta Guns shoved into my arse piss me off. Hammers with Killing Blow piss me off.

Also some developers and programmers add things but later realise they make the game unbalanced. Thus the patches and stuff added. THQ gave up on Space Marine a long long time ago so weapons would be modified in some way if they came back to it.

I only use a Melta gun when I get killed by one...
Then all I use is Master Crafted Wargear and favour of the Armoury and Blind grenades to be an annoyance....
Needless to say within a few minutes the game has devolved into Melta *CENSORED* warfare....

You could say a Stalker is overpowered because it can kill someone within two shots if they are well placed. Getting headshots can be pretty tricky when someone is dodging and firing back.

But I will admit I dislike the Melta gun. I personally see the only times it is allowed is when you are killed by one or facing a horde of Assaults. I never hid any weapons up my arse unless I am on Exterminatus in which case fuck you Guardsmen there are thousands of you and four of us if I want to get an extra weapon I will! =D

Still can I tell people what not to use yes. Will they listen? That is a completely different story. Can still rage about it though =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#30 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Have no prob with peeps using tatics like rapid deploy melta or so on. If they think it helps them win the game go for it. All I know most peeps that use that kinda game play die alot but if it helps them win or if that there way of keeping the advantage good on them least there tring to win legitlly.

There's so many things wrong with this sentence I can't even think where to begin.

#31 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Spam tactics FTW.....

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#32 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Spam tactics FTW.....

:dodgy:.

#33 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

;);););)

#34 PedyG2X

PedyG2X

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Course ya can rage on it. I don't even use meltas really once in while, if hardly at all. Like u said maybe if there a crap ton of assaults flying around. But least they use the weapon as the game designed it for. Believe that where bio was tring to go with on this topic. Thow I'm sure he made this in a drunkin rant but least get it off his chest. To kill time before his next new my lil pony show on. He on with draws.

#35 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yeah what petey is trying to say is that the rapid redeploy melta spam is really REALLY annoying, but it is a tactic still with In the confines of the intended game mechanics, albeit a dishonorable imperial guard tactic but one nun the less that we have never and will never use. Where as the jump swing on the other hand is a straight up glitch.

#36 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

But a glitch available to everyone. It doesn't pick certain players.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#37 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just because its available to everyone doesn't make it any less wrong to use, that's like trying to justify a crime by saying that the crime was available for everyone to commit. But I guess trying to convince people that the move is cheap and wrong and that using it lowers your class as a player is a lost cause anyways when looking at the track record of the people that play this game or any game for that matter.

#38 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I hate glitches in any game and don't want to have to waste my time learning how to do them to remain competitive. My first experience of this was wall walking in Mech Assault 2. There clans that could wall walk would wipe those who couldn't by gaining access to areas of the map they shouldn't.

This breaks the spirit of the game and is not what I signed up for. By forcing me to glitch you are taking away the fun in the game for me and thus I don't go online very much anymore (that and a bunch of other reasons I've posted before).
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#39 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I read this alot of the some called glitches aint glitches, the shooting thought walls with lascannon n that is the animation of the game. There has been sevetal times where an enemy melta blast has gone through him to hit me. This is the animation of the game not keeping up with how fast paced the game can get and also lag. There been times where I ve been killed from a lascannon n hes around the corner and I am miles away. Its lag + the game. I do feel for ppl who get jump swinged from miles away but its part of the game. I ve learned to always hav a metla for this situation or get the hammer to miss u while jumping n butter knife the git ( ultimate humiliation for an assult ) but i do feel for ya bud.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#40 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm not here to defend the legitimacy of the jump swing, because I know it is a bug. When I was taught how to do it, the people who taught me told me that it was a bug. However, it is a bug that is prevalent in the game and has not been (and will not be) fixed. That means people are going to do it, whether intentional or not. Learning how to do it, and learning its limitations, are the only way to beat it. It isn't that difficult to beat, and if you know how to do it the hammer shouldn't be killing you at all (VL, pocket melta, pistol from range, etc. will kill this with ease).

Additionally, you can not single out the lag with just this weapon. Lag affects all weapons. I've been killed many times (from full health to none) by assaults that ground pound on me and dont even swing (without death from above), or by laggy meltas. Laggy hammers killing you are the devil, but laggy meltas and swords that one shot you also are just fine right? Lag is lag is lag is lag.

It is also quite easy to accidentally do a jump swing (which is probably how it was discovered in the first place). You start shooting someone with your pistol at range (which you should be doing), and then you close range and swing. Ermagad you're not allowed to do that, you glitchy mofo!

If you want to play a game without hammers thats just fine by me, just make sure no one uses it. If you want to learn how to use the jump swing and how to beat it, just ask and I will gladly help. Instead of going on a crusade against a bug that will never be fixed, try to adapt to the situation and beat it. "Ermagad, that means I can't use my favorite classes all the time." Yes, of course that is what it means you turd. You should be changing your class and play style to counter that of your opponent.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

Change Theme!