Photo

It's cheating and I'm going to prove it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#41 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Your post would probably more relevant if you weren't talking to people who all have played this game for over a year and are all very talented and very experienced with how to deal with the problems in this game so don't talk to us like we have no idea how to play the game.

Yeah I know how to kill jump swinging hammers and so do most people commenting in this forum, heck the thread was started by arguably one of the best players in the game (who also uses the hammer quit extensively, the proper way I might add) and if you bothered to read my other posts you would find that I have already established that the hammers are killable. That's not what this thread is about, its about the fact that the jump swing is a glitch plain and simple.
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#42 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

If you don't want to use it or adapt to combat it, fine, but don't complain when it comes to get you. ajar put it very well.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#43 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

However, it is a bug that is prevalent in the game and has not been (and will not be) fixed. That means people are going to do it, whether intentional or not. Learning how to do it, and learning its limitations, are the only way to beat it.

Firstly people will use it because they're too shit to not use a one-hit glitch fest of a weapon (hitting though stuns, for fuck sake). The fact that people are using it is pathetic and it is almost as bad as Rapid/Teleport Spam.

Secondly here's the only ways to beat the Hammer/PP combo:

1. Copy it
2. Use the VL
3. Use Rapid/Teleport Spam

Therefore lets counter shit with more shit so it's a lose-lose situation for everyone.

If you don't want to use it or adapt to combat it, fine, but don't complain when it comes to get you. ajar put it very well.

Read my post.

#44 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Vulkan, if you bothered to read my post you would realize that I didn't doubt it is a glitch. It is a glitch that is a part of the game and, because the game makers are unable to fix it, it is a permanent part of the game. What this means is that some people are going to use it, and you need to find ways to beat it. I have read this whole thread and the only post where you mentioned killing hammers is:

Obviously you can get killed using the hammer, if you jump into a group of 8 guys and start swinging away chances are your not going to make it. But that's not what makes this move OP and what people complain about, its the moves ability to trump just about everything in most player vs player scenario's. where tacs. Have to fire in most cases half there clip to kill the assault which takes time and more importantly space between you and your enemy the hammer can just fly at you and your dead.

You can't just say that yeah a jump swinging hammer player can be killed, of course he can its the fact that he can take out 8 of your Buddy's with relative ease before he does in most cases

The parts bolded are the parts that my post addressed, meaning that you can counter it pretty easily and therefore the hammer should not be killing 8 of your buddies with relative ease.

Also, @Opeth, those are all parts of the games (aside from #1), and therefore fine in the eyes of this thread's creators because they are not bugs and are intended to be in the game. There are also other ways to counter it (including using a meltagun, DFA, etc.).

If you don't like me or think I'm shit for using a hammer, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, and frankly I don't give a damn what you or anyone else thinks. I can use other weapons in this game and I do most of the time. Its just a game; I play games to have fun.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#45 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm starting to question the reading comprehension of this group, I have already stated already that I am capable of killing a jump swinging hammer user so I have already adapted in my own way. And far as using it, never because I have something that is in short supply in this community and that is honor and class, I don't use the melta unless forced to I don't spawn camp I don't rapid redeploy, and I will never sink low enough to use a glitched insta-kill weapon. 
Again my post didn't challenge whether or not you thought it was a glitch or not it was intended to reiterate the meaning of the original post which was that the jump swing is a glitch not the jump swing is impossible to kill how do I combat it; as well as defending the people responding to this forum from being talked down upon and treat as if they have never played the game, by stating the obvious ways to stop a jump swing. If this is not what you intended then again I apologize I'm always willing to admit when im wrong.

I never said I hated you we just disagree on this one subject, I don't hold petty grudges against people if they use the jump swing, one of my own clan members uses it from time to time but I dont hate him for it.
Oh and I never said those were 8 of MY buddies just 8 randos, and I did say it could trump MOST not all player vs player situations specially if you have a good jump swinger.

#46 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

So I guess we should all be using teleport homers to get into the enemy spawn then too right? I mean its just part of the game so you should expect it and find a counter.

Long story short anything the breaks game mechanics for an unfair advantage shouldn't be kosher. I don't want to have to learn exploits to be on top. Sure a couple of my guys do it and I'm not thrilled but when you get hit with it you either join the club or walk out.

Lag sucks and does enough to ruin this game I don't need glitchers to make things even worse.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#47 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

The parts bolded are the parts that my post addressed, meaning that you can counter it pretty easily and therefore the hammer should not be killing 8 of your buddies with relative ease.

Also, @Opeth, those are all parts of the games (aside from #1), and therefore fine in the eyes of this thread's creators because they are not bugs and are intended to be in the game. There are also other ways to counter it (including using a meltagun, DFA, etc.).

If you don't like me or think I'm shit for using a hammer, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, and frankly I don't give a damn what you think. I can use other weapons in this game and I do most of the time. Its just a game; I play games to have fun.

I should have worded and expanded my argument better.

Firstly I don't think people are shit if they use the hammer, i'm disappointed in the fact their even using it (I only find people shit if they can only use that). People who are obliviously good players using something that is practically game breaking just baffles me. I find it a spit in the face to every player in this game who's a good player who will fight fairly for the consideration for other players to use something like the hammer to get the easy win and not care.

Also who gives a shit about the developer's eyes. They created a game which was a quick buck, refuse to release a patch and it's quite evident that they barely play tested it (and if they play tested it a lot, it wouldn't have broken weapons like this). This is a game floating in the water therefore it's up to the community to keep this afloat and doing stuff like this is if anything, harming the game.

Furthermore it hammer/PP combo is the most powerful class (note I’m applying this in 1v1 terms, not multiple people where the Rapid/Teleporter would be). It has a massively broken Pistol which a high damage with no 'fire cap', extreme speed, highest health (note I say health) in the game and a glitch fest of a melee weapon. This destroys 95% of things in the game as a class and the other 5% are broken and still have a hard time killing the class (except the VL). Also to this the melta is far less effective up against the hammer then you think.

An assault can survive the first melta shot and the stun after will 90% of times not work because hammers hit though stuns. Providing with the hammers glitch range the only way to survive the onslaught is to try to dodge first (which is far harder said than done due to stunning ground-pounds and the fact that even if you move back, the range will glitch and still hit) then fire and they will probably launch before the shot and suffer less damage. In addition to this add with PP insane fire rate butchering melta users it's rather stupid.

Finally you say "I play games to have fun", yes we all are at the end of the day and I can understand the point of view. Although I say back the hammer is not fun and is taking the fun away of this game. Adapting to people, playing farily and having meeting new players in fun while using the same broken 5 weapons where adapting as all but nonexistent, not giving a shit for fair play and dismaying new players from the game by using weapons like the hammer is not.

#48 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

My intent is that even though it is a glitch, it is never going to be fixed and is therefore going to be a part of this game forever. This means that everyone needs to learn to deal with it because people are going to be using it. Also, the only reason that I mentioned countering it, is because in many posts (including the one i quoted of yours above), it makes it seem like the jump swing is some insane move capable of killing tons of people. Sure, this may be true if it isn't countered, but my point is that if you do know how to counter it, it is no better than any other loadout. I wasn't trying to talk down to anyone, I was just saying that there is no reason to all go up in arms against it because it isn't that hard to kill it. And, someone who is skilled with a lascannon or a stalker can "trump just about everything in most player vs player scenarios" as well, which goes against that point as well.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#49 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

And, someone who is skilled with a lascannon or a stalker can "trump just about everything in most player vs player scenarios" as well, which goes against that point as well.

Wrong, mainly depends on players skill.

The storm bolter, plasma gun, lascannon, VL, hammer, meltas and plasma pistols work very well against stalkers.

Assaults without swords (especally hammers and PP's), melta's and Master Crafted Grenades work amazingly well against Lascannons.

#50 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I used Rapid Deploy when I was a lower level but for what I see if I get a high killstreak it is pretty much a wasted perk. If I lost my Ammo Reserves it would make me have to leave my little snipers nest and need to closer to the frontline or my Tactical Readout which helps me spot people at range on maps that seem to make marines blend in with their surroundings.

Hammers are killable. You just need to time things right. Works most of the time unless lag on your own or the enemy's part. I just throw grenade (If I have at the floor) roll away and hope the hammer doesn't hit then fire a couple of Daemon Eye rounds in them then go back to killing others.

I don't think I have faced this hammer glitch before. No this doesn't mean use it on me! =P

Most glitches are really really really annoying. I say most as you never know there might be one funny one...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#51 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I actually agree with what ajar said about the stalkers and las cannons those weapons have some of the Highest damage per min. Values in the game so in less you miss you will beat most other load outs in a one vs one situation but again those aren't glitched weapons so when you kill someone with them your doing it within the confines of the intended game mechanic's. Unlike the jump swing. But opeth is right as well it does depend mostly on skill a powerful weapon is of no use if you can't hit your target, if you fitted two robots that never miss against each other the las cannon one would win every time based on the fact that it can kill most things in one hit.

#52 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Like I said, I'm not trying to eliminate it, that's obviously impossible. Hugo- yeah it's part of the game but it's not supposed to T T. Auth- I think you misunderstand why I posted in the first place, I'm not complaining about dying to it; I'm complaining that people use it and think it's totally legit. Adapt? You do realize I play every weapon, right? Like Vulkan said, everyone here is a seasoned player don't get arrogant and tell everyone how to play the game against a glitch. This is just a PSA deal for people who don't realize/think it's a bug, please stop getting so defensive and making comments that are really unnecessary. Obviously people are going to disagree on this topic but let's keep it civil, I don't want this to become a 'oh yeah, well screw you' type thread that the internet in general seems fond of doing.

And I know how to use it, even how to infinitely jump one after the other until they die with no hope of outrunning me and it may seem crazy I don't use it to roflstomp everyone, but call me old fashioned
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#53 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Like I said, I'm not trying to eliminate it, that's obviously impossible. Hugo- yeah it's part of the game but it's not supposed to T T. Auth- I think you misunderstand why I posted in the first place, I'm not complaining about dying to it; I'm complaining that people use it and think it's totally legit. Adapt? You do realize I play every weapon, right? Like Vulkan said, everyone here is a seasoned player don't get arrogant and tell everyone how to play the game against a glitch. This is just a PSA deal for people who don't realize/think it's a bug, please stop getting so defensive and making comments that are really unnecessary. Obviously people are going to disagree on this topic but let's keep it civil, I don't want this to become a 'oh yeah, well screw you' type thread that the internet in general seems fond of doing.

And I know how to use it, even how to infinitely jump one after the other until they die with no hope of outrunning me and it may seem crazy I don't use it to roflstomp everyone, but call me old fashioned

^^ that's the type of class and honor we need more of in this game

#54 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks, but it's not really about me, or anyone else in particular. Ajar here pretty much said everything I could have asked (excuse me, I'm paraphrasing because stupid phone lol so if ]'m wrong let me know) you said it is a glitch but you use it because it's there and you know what? That's fine. I'm not the cyber police nor am I trying to throw an MLG level bitchfit to get it stopped. All I was asking in this thread was for it to be common knowledge that it's a glitch. Thank you for keeping it on topic.
And it's not so much an honor thing, I'm not trying to ride a high horse (or pony :P) or anything but personally I'd feel bad using it
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#55 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

@ajar the hammer jumpswing was not always an issue, pre-patch there were combos that could beat it fair and square so noone used it (such as 4 mastercrafted grenades) and also it was not prominent until recently (last couple months) before that the early users of it were considered highly skilled because they mainly shot with the plasma pistol... Someone who is skilled and uses this combo cannot be beaten except by himself and the VL, end of story
Posted Image

#56 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

you mean a pony like this

http://ts2.mm.bing.n...541881&pid=15.1

because i would ride that into battle.

#57 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I wouldn't say it's cheating personally, just a natural unfair advantage.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#58 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

i must say i agree with you whole heartedly bio and from now on i personally shall not use a hammer or plasma pistol (unless im against a crimson fist because in my eyes they deserve everything they get)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#59 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Well Hammers can be useful to dislodge a Heavy Bolter or another Havoc which is wrecking havoc upon allies and normal means aren't working to stop/kill them.

Other than time of using the Hammer I find it to be pretty cheap... Just my opinion though. Everyone doesn't think the same way as me though. They should though. =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#60 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

tbh dx i agree with you but that point about a havok wrecking ya team i say that if hes doing that without a hammer or pp leave him be, it takes skill to do that but fuck all to go after the guy with a jumpswing.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

Change Theme!