Photo

It's cheating and I'm going to prove it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#1 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

So it's come to my attention that some people actually think the jump-swing is a legitimate move. Personally, I think it's beyond obvious that it is an unintended glitch.

Now, I don't actually expect people to stop, that's not my intent (though I'd <3 it!) I just want it to be recognized for what it is, a glitch.

That being said, I'm willing to go to lengths to prove that, starting with an attempt to conptact the game's creators. And yes, with financial troubles contacting them may prove difficult and tbch this whole thing will probably fall through in the end but I can't even believe people think it's an intended part of the game -_-
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#2 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Please elaborate on the jump swing.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Is this that annoying thing where a thunder hammer can start swinging in midair? That's fucking annoying I have to admit.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

It's a move only available to the hammer with plasma pistol equipped where yes, the hammer swings while they hop/jump towards you

EDIT: Essentially what it does is like when you hop and shoulder check as assault it glitches out of the shoulder check and swings instead which gives the hammer the range of a shoulder check on top of its already large range. If that wasn't bad enough, since it exploits a move that doesn't use up any thrust, it can be spammed indefinitely
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#5 woodiestrain7

woodiestrain7

Champion of the 1st

• Members
  • Others:
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

It is a glitch just like the fast reload for the lascannon, roll as a tactical and reload any weapon, bolter through an eight foot thick wall, fast swing with a charged p p and sword, cancel out a charged plasma gun and cannon with a roll or dodge! The list could probably keep going if i wanted but these are just a few of them and I don't think that they were intended but you should try to figure out about all of them!!! :P
FOR THE RAIN!!!!

#6 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

It is a glitch just like the fast reload for the lascannon, roll as a tactical and reload any weapon, bolter through an eight foot thick wall, fast swing with a charged p p and sword, cancel out a charged plasma gun and cannon with a roll or dodge! The list could probably keep going if i wanted but these are just a few of them and I don't think that they were intended but you should try to figure out about all of them!!! :P

I have to agree with Woodi on this topic. It is just one of many glitches that we see every day on that game.

#7 GREEN M00SE

GREEN M00SE

Guardsmen

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I have to agree with Woodi on this topic. It is just one of many glitches that we see every day on that game.

True it's one of many glitches but that and the sword glitch are the most used (I feel anyway) Secondly some glitches are merely a annoyance but others truly make a far greater impact on the game. Personally I think the hammer is an unbalanced weapon to start off with (especially if you compare it to the sword and axe) killing blow should only be allowed for new people and more experienced players should use the hammer without that perk :P

Posted Image

In Dedicato Imperatum Ultra Articulo Mortis

#8 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thank you bio for posting this even though its probably going to cause a virtual shit storm with all the thin skin that in most cases is evident on this forum. And glitches like the reload while rolling aren't glitches its actually one of the pro-tips in the loading screen, and the one glaring difference between the jump swing and the other glitches is that one has the ability to instance kill players from ridiculous ranges , and most of the time due to the wonderful latensey in the game the player can't even react fast enough to avoid it. So I think the comparison of this glitch and the others is a tad unfair. And the bolter/any weapon shooting through walls is also not a glitch, but rather a result of our dear friend Mr.latensey. the rounds aren't actually going through rather their hitting you where you were just standing even though on your screen you have scrambled behind cover. Also the hammer is balanced if you use it as the game makers intened due to the fact that it is slow and you have to land right next the guy and swing, and because it doesnt have the easy mode tracking on it like the sword does it allows tacs. to roll away from it making it difficult for the hammer to follow due to the fact that the hammer has to jump then land then slow swing then rinse and repeat till man falls down. so the jump swing pretty much bypasses its only down side by allowing you to basically instanty shrink the gap between you and your opponent and swing without even taking the time consuming task of landing.
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#9 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Some of them aren't glitches, you do realise this right?

Also agreed Bio, Hammers and Plasma Pistols are for shit players anyway.

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Are you saying it only works with a shoulder barge? What I was referring to was that I was against a guy who would be in mid air flight and he'd have the ability to swing his hammer, not just that but be able to jump mid swing and the hit would count as if he is still there even though he's 20 meters in the sky! The asshole killed me with a thunder hammer while we where both in midair! I've no idea how he did it without ground pounding like everyone else.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Stuff like this is what killed the game for me. In any game there will be those who exploit bugs and glitches to make themselves feel like a bad ass, and normally the game Devs will get around to fixing it. How quickly usually depends on how many people play the game and how much money they stand to lose (or rather, not make) if they don't fix it. But in the case of Space Marine, it was classified as a dead game long ago and Relic is shit broke on top of that. So nothing ever got fixed after the first and only patch.
Posted Image

#12 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Also agreed Bio, Hammers and Plasma Pistols are for shit players anyway.

You offend that plasma pistol with that remark....
:exclamation::P

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#13 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

You offend that plasma pistol with that remark....
:exclamation::P

Good :dodgy:....

#14 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

There are waaay too many players that as soon as you take the hammer/plasma combo away are nothing it's unreal...

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#15 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Now let's not start insulting players over this subject, I don't think it is what bio intended with this post. Even though the move is cheap and annoying.

#16 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

i use the jump swing lol but i dont consider myself a bad player because i can use just about every weapon and kick ass. my problem like with any weapon in this game is when you spam it. in all reality you should only have 2 hammers max. fact is though the hammers not invincible so you can still get killed. it will kill who ever its looking at though if it does it right.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#17 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Obviously you can get killed using the hammer, if you jump into a group of 8 guys and start swinging away chances are your not going to make it. But that's not what makes this move OP and what people complain about, its the moves ability to trump just about everything in most player vs player scenario's. where tacs. Have to fire in most cases half there clip to kill the assault which takes time and more importantly space between you and your enemy the hammer can just fly at you and your dead.

You can't just say that yeah a jump swinging hammer player can be killed, of course he can its the fact that he can take out 8 of your Buddy's with relative ease before he does in most cases

#18 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Recognizing the glitches and moving past them is part of everyday gameplay on space marine, it is what makes the game fun... It is what separates the good players from the bad players. I mean woodie and i spent hours upon hours testing the different ways that weapons and perks interact with each other... We discovered a way to do a fast stomp with a devastator without the perk, it is what sets space marine apart from your average shooter

I'm not condoning the use of game breaking glitches im just saying that it goes both ways
Posted Image

#19 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yeah that would be great if people found all these glitches and moved passed them. The problem is that they aren't hence the people who use things Like the jump swing on a daily bases. And what separates good players from the bad are the people who continue to play the game as it was intended and do well with out the handicaps of game exploits. And why spend all that time to try and find ways to break a game? To me that just seems really counterproductive and only serves to bring a quicker demise to this game.

#20 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

its not necessarily breaking the game its determining the precise amount of damage each weapon and ability can do
Posted Image

Change Theme!