65 replies to this topic

#21 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

To be honest I am just thinking about a PC at the moment. First of all they can work without the internet, simple and easy to use (Unless its Windows 8 as I spent ages searching for turn off button as there is no start button!) and I think they are just better as I like Strategy games a lot and playing them on Xbox is terrible in comparison to PC.

For all I know the Xbox One is going to be amazing but it isn't suited to what I want. I want a game console. Nothing else just a game console. A PC can do that for me and more.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#22 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

I doubt some of the people here have actually read the OP. I don't feel the need to wait for E3 because I'm hearing how God awful it's going to be on literally every site I've been on. I wouldn't usually buy into hearsay like this, but this is on a whole new level.

As for the people already vigorously defending it, let me know how great it is when Microsoft charge you because your brother walked in the room.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#23 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

If some of these were rumours then Microsoft would of said they are wrong, like the original rumours that Xbox1 would be ALWAYS online after that douche bag opened his mouth on Twitter. They've been hinting a bit at some of the good features to try and stem the tide of how bad people's expectations are of the Xbox1 as both a console and an all round entertainment system, now if some of these statements were rumours they would of quashed them instead of the hinting.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#24 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

just watch the release lol they try so hard to wrap that turd in gold its ridiculous. why not just FIX the one they have now?
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#25 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

why not just FIX the one they have now?

That'd actually be a really good move, and probably one that would trump the PS4, 360 is already a huge success and even I admit I regret not buying one.

Posted Image

#26 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Spec they release something new so that they can make money and put out new hardware/software to keep up with the times. Playing games on 7 year old hardware is pretty dumb.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#27 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Spec they release something new so that they can make money and put out new hardware/software to keep up with the times. Playing games on 7 year old hardware is pretty dumb.

I think he means take everything that's good about the 360 and upgrade it to current standards.

Posted Image

#28 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

1 more thing if the Kinect is needed so much why didn't they make it a part of the console itself? in the end it wouldn't look like a bad remake of robo cop and might actually be an economical design.

xbox 360 is still making money...new games are still getting published....the only thing is I cant yell at my xbox when my kids aren't home(joke) and it do something lol
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#29 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

I did read the op man and i find it very disturbing if all the rumors are true its gonna suck but even that the idea of gaming consoles trying to be like pcs now its just stupid i want to play video games nothing else but as some people say dont judge a book by its cover (was it like that? mehhhh) yea allright but dont just freaking throw money at them

the attitude they have show untill now dear god they are a bunch of hypocrites thats one of the things people should always consider the attitude of a company to their customers and boy oh boy they really dont give a shi t about you now they just wanna milk your money showing you all the *cool* stuff they have implemented into the a gaming console again a gaming console stuff that shouldnt be there

Look im not a hater im just saying dont give them your money soo easly just because you saw cool features and *improvements* remember we are all here to play games we will see how everything turns out for both consoles and companies and pray they dont become a clusterfack of fail
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#30 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Look the whole reason for xbox doing this (The opinion of a known game reviewer'ish thing) is that the "one was build to out perform the ps4 which was only meant to have 4GB of ram t was a surprise to everyone when they said it would be 8 gig (still talking about the ps4) they didn't even tell any publishers so they will not even have a game that can truly test the system for at least a year So when Microsoft here this they know that they can not out perform the ps4 so they don't market it as that they change there marketing to appeal to a potentially wider market (they need some advantage over the ps4).

But on another note they are not announcing much about the gaming system until E3 and lets face it it doesn't matter that ps4 out performs it as long as it has a good line up of games on or near release we will have another console war on our hands (And all you need to do is look at past generations to know that the best performing consoles didn't always do better than there competitors)
Posted Image

#31 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

BURNN!!!
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#32 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'd like to state I'm not mindlessly defending Microsoft I don't particularly like the "one" as it is anyway. But I love a good debate.
Posted Image

#33 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm not a hater or anything, as I own a 360. I'm merely bringing this to the attention of people that should know about it. Those are, to one degree or another, facts. Take 'em or leave 'em, but don't cry to me if you ignore it and turn out to hate the console.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#34 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'd like to state I'm not mindlessly defending Microsoft I don't particularly like the "one" as it is anyway. But I love a good debate.

I never support or defend a company, IMO none can really be trusted when the only objective of a business is the profits.

The only exception to this is RoosterTeeth(Because they're friggin Gods!) and maybe Bethesda (I haven't experienced any bad vibes from them, and the only thing that came close to it is very buggy games, which is understandable considering how HUGE they are.)

Posted Image

#35 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I started out defending the xbox one, but once more things started rolling in, it started pissing me off. Microsoft is doing the same thing that sony tried to do with the ps3(market it as an entertainment system) and it horribly failed in comparison to the 360. We don't care for entertainment devices, we are gamers we want better games and a FULL 8GB of ram dedicated to videogames. Besides, I have a computer that can run everything the xbox one claims it will be able to do and much much more. Whats the point of buying something that will downgrade what I already have? This is of course, only one rant i have about xbox one, and there are many others but it is the main one that rattles my insides. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

You do realize it is better than the xbox 360 the complaint is it isn't as good as we wanted (and other things)
Posted Image

#37 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Just because everyone says its true doesn't mean that it is as I remember there have been a couple example in the past were the vast majority were saying one thing and it turned out to be false.
Posted Image

#38 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I won't argue that that hasn't happened, but I will point out that some of these things have actually already been admitted by Microsoft themselves.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#39 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I have yanked out the bickering to its own thread. Keep this one civil, productive and on-topic.

That said; at this current stage I am not intending to buy the XB1 because most of the features will not be available in NZ for years after launch, and when they are made available the price will be stupendous. I could go dedicated PC gaming aside from my loathing of Mouse and Keyboard shooters, so I'm destined to have consoles. I'll reserve my final decision to launch day though, that's when we'll discover how much is smoke, how much is decent and how much is truly "gold plated turd" for both consoles.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#40 CptMarlon

CptMarlon

Meatshield

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

IM a ps3 user i never use xbox and never will Im not buying ps4 purly because i can get some use out of my ps3 for a little longer.

Valor Alliance

Postad bild

With Valor we shall end this chaos

Change Theme!