Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I was on the fence until this morning, when this came to my attention:

Posted Image

Safe to say, if even one of these things is true I will not be purchasing it.

GG Xbox, PS4 is looking pretty good right now.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've already told my parents that if I get a Xbox One for my birthday or Christmas I am going to break it apart in front of them. If anything they can get me another Xbox 360 or a PS4 if they want to get me anything =P

Reason why I would break it would be because I don't think anyone would buy it off me or want to buy it off me or Microsoft =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I knew it was bad, but not this bad.

9JeXAbU.jpg

Do not wonder those who are good without God, Pitty those who need God to be good.

#4 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

When it comes out I'll try before I buy like I have with every other console and make my own mind up. And dx, maybe you should just say thank you and sell it. Pff, kids ;) 
I'm sure a pawn shop will take it ;)
Loyalist, traitor, I care not; you all look the same on the end of my sword.

#5 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well I'm gonna why it's so bad 1:cause I'm lazy and 2: I have 20 mins to et in uniform and to the next formation lol
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#6 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

just stay with your 360 or ps3 or fuck off all consoles and get a top end gaming pc itll save all the bitching and whining that everyone is doing about the xbox one if you have a problems take it to microsoft since theyre producing the brick of a console. as for having to check in one every 24 hrs how often does everyone go on xbl for multiplayer games? not one of the sites mentioned in that list is microsofts own website each site goes "he says this he says that", personally i think everyone should pull thier necks back in and wait until after e3 before bashing xbox, what did sony show off at thier ps4 reveal? oh yeah they went heres a controller and some game play footage. xbox had a working system sat on stage to use to show off the things it can do and said we'll show more at e3.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#7 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Guys you're jumping ship pretty early here wait till E3 till you decide because by the looks of it Microsoft will be announcing the gaming side of the "one" then also another thing you do realize the PS4 isn't backwards compatible either right.
Posted Image

#8 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

I didn't need to hear/read any of these problems to decide not to get the Xbox One. Just hearing the reveal and how all "imrovements" were just to tv abilities, kinect 2.0 and graphics, not worth my hundreds.
Posted Image

#9 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

im wait til after e3 before i make up my mind. the other thing about the camera and mick always being on... hmm unplug it lol or turn it to face the other way cover the lens im sure you get the idea lol.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#10 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well my parents now I am exaggerating. If they did buy me something worth about £300 even if it was a limited edition of Hello Kitty Island Adventure I would say thanks for it.

I think Microsoft would try to refuse people returning Xbox Ones =P Will be so many people that they will make little to no money =P

I don't have any PS3 games so if I do go to PS4 I will not be carry any of them games over but I think PS3 people might be annoyed about it =P

Still I want a pure gaming console. Even the Xbox is now filled with features it loads that I don't use. I don't use it to watch films unless I have the DVD, I only use music if I feel like listening to music from my Laptop through my TV and Internet Explore just makes it so I have to wipe my search and browsing history from another device. =P

I am leaning towards getting a goodish Desktop so I can play games that my Laptop cannot handle.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#11 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I am not in support in the XB1 but a few of those have been confirmed otherwise or have easy solution's.

Microsofts VP, has stated it does require Internet but does not need a constant connection to play on meaning offline play is allowed.

Kinect? Turn it around to face a wall. It may not see you but it can hear you. Even better switch of by the plug if your that worried.

Also if you have a Tv why do you want another one? Seriously? I would assume if you have a TV you most likely have freeview or something right?

The renting thing and the other stuff I dont know about much about. I say leave it till E3 and then view on from there. I mean I will keep my 360 anyway and will play live until they get rid of it.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#12 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

We've already seen the XB1 reveal, and we all know there are lots and lots of sources all saying these things about the XB1. I don't see the need to wait until E3 when we can already see how bad it's going to be. The only way the PS4 won't sell well is if they go down the same road.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#13 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I have to say, there has been alot of hate already about this console... I find it unusual that people would all jump on the same wagon for consoles like this, why not just wait. Waiting is good, especially if it is as bad as they all say, in which case you have just observed mistakes and not made them yourself.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#14 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Guys you're jumping ship pretty early here wait till E3 till you decide because by the looks of it Microsoft will be announcing the gaming side of the "one" then also another thing you do realize the PS4 isn't backwards compatible either right.

PS4 is backwards compatible in the since you can get older games via the PlayStation cloud. However no it won't run the older disks.

I'll be going Ps4 this term as my 360 never really Wowed me out side of Dark souls and a few others which came out for the ps3 as well. That and halo/Gears never scratched my Kill zone itch also bungie in no a cross platform company and I'm just tired of paying for live to see advertisements coupled with slow video buffing ect ect.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#15 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't see the need to wait until E3 when we can already see how bad it's going to be.

explain to me how through watching the reveal you can see how bad its going to be when at the reveal they said they werent going to show everything before e3 and xbox have stated recently the kinect can be turned off so it isnt always on.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#16 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yeah most of the things posted are rumors anyways and not much is confirmed at all by Microsoft. The software looks outstanding and is better than anything else out (assuming it is actually as fast and robust as it was during the demo) on any platform including PC. Some of the other stuff sucks, but again a lot of it is unconfirmed. And, what most people don't realize is that licensing is the way of the future. Software developers have been doing this for years and its just a matter of time before it comes to the console. I'm all for it if it means I don't need to buy disks multiple times if one breaks, scratches, etc.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#17 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Meh, I'm still going to buy it. I reserve judgement till I will actually get the device, but coming from what I heard from the games that are going to be on there so far, I already know that I'm going to get it.

“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#18 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

I don't have any PS3 games so if I do go to PS4 I will not be carry any of them games over but I think PS3 people might be annoyed about it =P

We're used to it.

The PS3 was originally backwards compatible, but only on the early models, and an update stopped them from doing it to. The reason being is someone was able to use this feature to hack the PS3 and give themselves all the moneys to buy as many games as they want, he posted a vid of it on youtube and it forced Sony to remove the feature. Would of been better if they simply found a way to fix the loophole without cutting off the feature but it was a fair move to make considering the consumers tried to rip them off for a feature they didn't have to give them.

That said I'm going to go PC gaming simply cause its convenient for me, I'll be going University and will obviously need a PC for a Computer Science degree and instead of buying a console why not make it a gaming PC? A gaming PC can perform better than any other console, whether it be one released now, or one released 20 years into the future, PC's will always have the best hardware and software available to them. And my PC will do everything the Xbox1 will but WAY cheaper and no strings attached.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#19 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

just the whole all in one thing bothers me...because im very happy not paying for someof the stuff xbox offers. I know its there when i want it....and im fine with that.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#20 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Probably the only reason I'm not getting it is because I doubt I'll be able to afford it at the time. If anything, I hope to upgrade my pc piece by piece when I can.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

Change Theme!