65 replies to this topic

#41 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

IM a ps3 user i never use xbox and never will Im not buying ps4 purly because i can get some use out of my ps3 for a little longer.

Same, but for me it's for as long as I have it, because when I go off to Uni it's bye bye PS3 :( 
Spoiler

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#42 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

But I don't see how his comment could of been insulting to (anyone)

And Cru you could always just buy the new "one" controller and plug it into your PC.

and also I forget...
Posted Image

#43 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

its not about the rumors and speculations if all ends in lies and the rumors are just rumors then thats good but that dosent change that their selling their console as an entertaining device equipped to act like an actual computer......why? we can get comps with better stats watch tv on it? hell no i have an hd direct cable that only cost me mmm to you people in other countries like 3 dollars and what does microsoft charges you just to play online like what 6-7 dollars? (i dont know im making it in pesos soo you guys do the math lol)

we know they currently charge you to use netflix and other applications soo add in those dollars just to watch tv and sports on you xbox wich allready happens now (i got an HD tv you know...... i dont need to pay another services really and if it is live streaming and it stucks on buffering even with all the ram and stuff...its gonna make me a sad panda)

It really made me angry when games with the motto *better with kinect* started to pour out soo they are saying that im not gonna experience the full game with out it?.......the hell is wrong with them im starting to miss my old xbox and playstation 1 yea a bit old but they just had to worry about gameplay and they werent graphic addicts back then and i love my controllers thank you and f uuu kinect

again i really hope every single thing is a rumor because i was really happy when the first annoucement came but then again back in the day i didnt have to worry about money now that i have to work every penny i got its worth my time and life the big companies want my money allright come you bastards i will give you my money if your system is as badass as you said

Lets see they even say that we were thinking backwards just for wishing our old games to played in the new generation.....that felt like a backstab and a punch to the face yes maybe not all the old games can be played with the current xbox but heck atleast we have some xbox classics and hits and games i would never thought to see again( like the gamecube game *robot arms glitch in the system* fun game may i add) soo they are saying screw youuu guys throw your old games(money) out because we are not gonna support them

games are gonna be like freaking battle field when i rent it once aand EA being little bitches said i couldnt play online and that i needed the online pass (like space marine) the point is as i see it all the next gen games are gonna be a pain in the ass to come by if you wanna share/rent/sell/trade thats something else they discused if i remember anyways people say we shouldnt blame a whole company just for the stupidity of one individual well im gonna blame them just for putting some one with that mindset in the first place instead of making them look good it turned out the opposite way really they have to be alot more smarter they cant screw up like that if they fail its all their fault

(its just how they are giving the middle finger to people that are just asking very valid points thats what really making me mad at them ¬¬ they are just questions not a torture chamber)
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#44 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

EA announced the end of online passes, and then a week later Microsoft announce the DRM serial code thing for XB1 games...

And Cru you could always just buy the new "one" controller and plug it into your PC.

Gamepad vs Mouse & Keyboard is lop sided due to the sensitivity of Mice and also the greater abundance of macro'd keyboards (as opposed to modded gamepad triggers).

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#45 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

EA announced the end of online passes, and then a week later Microsoft announce the DRM serial code thing for XB1 games...

Why I believe EA and Microsoft are gonna feed each other money with the Xbox one with exclusive titles.

Posted Image

#46 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'll remind you all that EA has discontinued the online pass shit.

And the thing with making a console backwards compatible is that you have to built the older console in the new one so making it BC is limiting the console and with the new gen that is unthinkable.
Posted Image

#47 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

My source

Spoiler

Posted Image

#48 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

EA may have discontinued the online pass, but they're more than likely to make full effect of the serial code feature Xbox One will have, which is probably why they discontinued online passes, cuz they knew what Microsoft are doing. 
I wonder if this thread will beat the record for number splits caused in one day XD

Posted Image

#49 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Ahhhh i see now thank you for clearing that up but still im pissed at them ¬¬
ohh but then we have to register each game? sooo its almost the same thing with a different name?.........what....the....fack
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#50 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ahhhh i see now thank you for clearing that up but still im pissed at them ¬¬
ohh but then we have to register each game? sooo its almost the same thing with a different name?.........what....the....fack

Yeah, exactly what me and Cru was saying.

Posted Image

#51 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Jaccx you make a lot of very valid points as well. These days the quality of many games has gone down the shitter. EA is a shit company that is only concerned with profits. They release half-assed games and expect users to shell out more money for DLC to make it a complete game.

I agree, EA were once hailed as champions of quality gaming, then they got the green itch.

I cannot remember the last time EA did something "the consumers wanted" without having some underhanded ulterior motive that totally fucked with us all.

cruSig2.jpg

#52 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

I want nothing more but to see EA crash and burn like covering someone in pitch and lighting them on fire and then pushing them into the Grand Canyon... (Fallout New Vegas reference, points to can ever guess the nickname of who this happened to!)

Posted Image

#53 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Sadly EA is being propped up by their rights to certain games such as Battlefield, Sports and games like Monopoly on smartphones. Least we no longer have THQ

cruSig2.jpg

#54 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

I guess having a differing opinion is considered a personal attack...oh well. Anyways, on topic:

Most of what was posted is rumors and not facts. Some of them are confirmed by certain microsoft sources, but I wouldn't take most of the OP to heart when considering buying the new XBOX unless the rumors prove to be true. MS will mostly likely address these (and more) issues during E3 and after that, when they release specifications for the new console. I for one will decide whether to buy one or not based on the facts released by microsoft when they decide to release them.

=====================================================

Jaccx you make a lot of very valid points as well. These days the quality of many games has gone down the shitter. EA is a shit company that is only concerned with profits. They release half-assed games and expect users to shell out more money for DLC to make it a complete game.

However, I do think you have a bit of a misconception about the "better with kinect" stuff. It is better with kinect because it employs features that are otherwise unavailable without a kinect (such as voice communication or hand movement stuff, etc.). They are literally extra features in a game that make it "better with kinect." On older platforms this technology and these features would be impossible because you didn't have this sort of sensor. This is just what I know of it, and if there are games that are actually shit without the kinect and good with it, then that's just wrong (aside from kinect-only games, which some are actually fun to play).

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#55 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

I got to say I don't like EA but they publish every all bar two of my favorite games (mass effect, command and conquer and many more)
Posted Image

#56 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Sadly EA is being propped up by their rights to certain games such as Battlefield, Sports and games like Monopoly on smartphones. Least we no longer have THQ

Between THQ and EA no one wanted EA.

All of the Star Wars, Battlefield, and Fifa fanboys are gonna get Xbox One if my theory about an exclusive partnership is correct.

Posted Image

#57 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

It's EA, I wouldn't doubt that they knew of this and got rid of the pass thing to appear 'good'

(Burned man, Malpais Legate.)

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#58 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

I got to say I don't like EA but they publish every all bar two of my favorite games (mass effect, command and conquer and many more)

EA are whores but they do publish some excellent games as well (those that you mentioned + more), so it can be hard to hate them completely. If there is an exclusive partnership with microsoft then you can expect a lot of people to buy the Xbox One because of this reason alone.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#59 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

It's EA, I wouldn't doubt that they knew of this and got rid of the pass thing to appear 'good'

I suspect it was both.

(Burned man, Malpais Legate.)

No surprise there that the Ranger of the NCR got it ;)

Posted Image

#60 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

This is a very good argument about used games (its long but please watch)

Spoiler

Posted Image

Change Theme!