#61 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Lol I am soo damn sad :(...
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#62 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

How disappointing. Space hulk will amuse us for awhile but not as much as integration. Just have to wait for DM!

Sent from my Spark using Board Express

The general feel seems to be to hold them seperate, as this would avoid having OP opponents, and also cut out having to calculate how all the existing armour,weapons and perks would function in regard to terminator armour.
Postad bild

#63 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

The general feel seems to be to hold them seperate, as this would avoid having OP opponents, and also cut out having to calculate how all the existing armour,weapons and perks would function in regard to terminator armour.

I dont want them in normal play, I do want another gametype where you can be one of the 4 classes. Hell even dreadnought integration. It would be epic to do a Spacehulk like mission where you can bring the full force of the Astartes to bear

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#64 Roey

Roey

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Dreadnaught intergration would be beyond epic, role players would lap it up let alone any other fan. Fenris I hope they go through with this.
Woof.

#65 OftKilted

OftKilted

Meatshield

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Dreads are too large for the limited space confines of most Space Hulks.

You're looking at a corridor shooter ... Lots of claustrophobia and shooting in the dark at aliens.

In the board game the corridors are wide enough in most locations to move single file.

It will be really cool to see how it all pans out ... Can't wait for a pre-order :-)

I'll still stand behind the ability to play the game with standard marines as well. (more replay value)
"Your Emperor is False!"

#66 Brother War

Brother War

Blood Angels Devestator Terminator

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

OH MY GOD YES!!!!! i would love to see a terminator DLC get out on the marketplace :D
Terminator Grey Knight War, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Feb 2012.

#67 Crimson Marine

Crimson Marine

Wolf in Primarchs clothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think if they advertised a Space hulk style game in GW stores and outside the gaming world they would bring in alot of people.

Sent via the Astronomican

Postad bild

#68 larundel

larundel

Meatshield

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

i really like that idea, im loving the chaos and dreadnaought assult atm, so i dont mind paying 1200mp for that sort of thing, and to be able to wear terminator armour, dream come true if you ask me.

i think a big thumbs up is in order.
larundel, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Mar 2012.

#69 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Skotten what is the status on this? Who in THQ can I get in touch with about this?
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#70 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

We are going to be collecting numbers interested over the easter holidays and see how many we get them we will be presenting it to the contact in THQ who was interested in us doing this.
Postad bild

#71 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Is the THQ contact: THQ Sledgehammer?

#72 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC. Yes!
would you be willing to pre-order this DLC. Yes!
what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC. 800-1200
would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition. depends on which become availiable
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#73 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm happy for anything that can bring back players who left and maybe even bring in a few more new ones!

would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC. Yes!
would you be willing to pre-order this DLC. Yes!
what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC. 800-1200
would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition. depends on which become availiable
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#74 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

OH MAN! :D This would be awsome if it happened, I mean who doesnt want to play as a terminator? And heck, maybe now we could actually get a flame weapon in the form of a heavy flamer.

would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC: Yes!
would you be willing to pre-order this DLC: Yes!
what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC: 800-1200
would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition: Yes!
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#75 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

Is the THQ contact: THQ Sledgehammer?

We don't want lots of different people contacting THQ with a wave of opinions with this, because that was exactly what we were warned against doing from them, and that sort of behaviour would stop this happening more than anything else...

It MUST be a single focused idea presented to THQ by 1/2 people who can show the support from the community.

A general request to the entire forum, please do not contact THQ about this, if you have a request then send me a PM and i will do my best to incorporate as many as possible in the final presentation to THQ.

And again a huge thanks to everyone who is posting here, and remember to tell your friends outside of the gothic wars community and they can post interest on the space marine forums.

Good Hunting Brothers.

Postad bild

#76 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Dern might have been asking that because Sledge has had a history of twisting truths to suit his role (community manager)

cruSig2.jpg

#77 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Dern might have been asking that because Sledge has had a history of twisting truths to suit his role (community manager)

Can say 100% it's not sledge, and i have had a LOT of requests regarding the contact in THQ, and er on the side of caution about informing people who it is.
Postad bild

#78 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

exactly, and for them to randomly throw this idea to Skotten and not make an official post on space marine seems a little weird to me. If they wanted mass opinion on a DLC, why didn't they just put up a god damn poll in the SM site and restrict it to registered members on the site and allow 1 vote per member? That makes a hell of alot more sense to me ;-) but I'm just dern lol

#79 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Perhaps they saw that by doing it that way they would be swamped by "i want to be an ork" " i want this chapter skin" "i want bikes" messages (trust me i know now;) ).
Personally i think they've done it in an ok way, as it has also, apart from a few sad cases on the spave marine forum, bonded the community with the idea of being able to influence the game.

And let's be honest if it goes ahead after this, it would be a major PR stunt for them to pull off at a time that the company is apparently struggling.
Postad bild

#80 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...player-game-10/

I very much doubt this will come to pass now Skotten

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!