112 replies to this topic

#41 Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Master of Sanctity

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

can't te='Domine Nox' pid='18046' dateline='1332189133']
[quote]Myself and others in the Gothic Wars have tested the ideas of what people most want and it seems to be that the most wanted content would be Terminator armour playing an Exterminatus style game on a Space Hulk vs Tyranids. So this is the content we are trying to push forward, and kindly note this thread is NOT for people to come with a whole bunch of ideas and suggestions, neither is it in any way or form a thread to post complaints about things such as balance and/or connection issues, but to get behind an idea that already has over 100 players backing it. If we can do this then the potential is there for future ideas to come.
[/quote]
[/quote]
But still would it not be nice to gossip about what we would like to see?

#42 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

But still would it not be nice to gossip about what we would like to see?

Yes but the original poster made this thread for this purpose, so by discussing alterations and other things we would like we have all managed to derail this thread. If you wish to discuss things Skotten has restricted, then make another post to discuss them.

Skotten, in the future mark comments restricting discussion in bold so we don't miss them. Sorry for my part in the derailment!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#43 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

All good mate;-) and i was expecting a fair few people to let their enthusiasim bubble over like a rampant squigoth ;-)
Postad bild

#44 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

People like me smash the bubblers and set things back on track. So how about that DLC?

1)would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC.
2)would you be willing to pre-order this DLC.
3)what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC.
4)would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#45 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Has had a big response so far, as you can see here and both xbox live and the space marine forums, in only a few days, so we'll be continuing trying to get as many people as possible.

Would ask for people to try and get their friends outside gothic wars on board as well, they can send me the gamertag of anyone who wants to get behind this.
Postad bild

#46 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

i with u skotten
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#47 OftKilted

OftKilted

Meatshield

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

1)would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC.
2)would you be willing to pre-order this DLC.
3)what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC.
4)would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition.

1) Yes
2) Yes. (Can DLC for Xbox be pre-ordered?)
3) 1200-1600 MS Points
4) I'd purchase terminator skins (with Terminator Weapons) additionally, but being able to play with standard Space Marines (with current standard armament in the Hulk) would be awesome too.

I would like to see a 'Blip' scanner in this mode like in Kill Team (An Auspex perhaps?)

5 Man squads would be absolutely awesome for a terminator based game (though I could understand sticking with 4 man.)

I would pay additionally between 800-1200 for randomly generating maps (in the style of the Forgeworld Zone Mortalis, or the Space Hulk board game).

If we're paying additional for Terminator skins I would like to see the possibility of terminator weapons (or the ability to get them (i.e. Assault Cannon, Powerfist/Chain Fist, Power Sword & Power Axe/Stormshield, Heavy Flamer [Melta Like functionality], Standard Stormbolter, Thunderhammer/Storm Shield, Lightning Claws). (Not the Cyclone Missiles, they're too dangerous in the enclosed environments of a hulk or Zone Mortalis.)

Missions I'd be interested in seeing:
Hold a position for X amount of time
Move 'Relic/CAT' from A -> B while under attack (individual holding item can't fire or run, item can be put down and picked up by other members on team) (Tactical variation on Capture the Flag.)
Exit the map within X time (like the 'waves' currently in Exterminatus)
Capture location from opposing forces.

Not particularly interested in Grey Knights. (Though I could see them with a Demon Infested Hulk.) Standard Termies would work quite nicely.

I'd go for a demon/chaos infested hulk too.... Mmmmm ... Space Hulk ...
"Your Emperor is False!"

#48 Crimson Marine

Crimson Marine

Wolf in Primarchs clothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Skotten, completely agree with the ideas, it would be awesome to see. I would buy anything they bring out for the game so yes lets see it.

Have you put a link to this from the Space Marine page to here to get publicity? also are you allowed to this on Gothic?
Postad bild

#49 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

It's on the forums there yeah ;)
Postad bild

#50 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Have you put a link to this from the Space Marine page to here to get publicity? also are you allowed to this on Gothic?

The only linking we ban is direct links to the Rulebook downloads and linking to other member sites with the intention to fish members from here. Other than that use your best judgement, if it won't harm the community then go for it

cruSig2.jpg

#51 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

This is so awesome! Look at all this support! THQ is gonna have their work cut out for them with all the excitement building like this. It's so neat we the gamers are having a say in DLC!
For Russ! For the Wolftime!

#52 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Don't get your hopes too high. This is an attempt to gauge interest. So this is to see if it is even worth their time to consider. Nothing might come of this, but they are feeling out ideas which is positive. In the long run though we are still a very small part of the gaming community. Not trying to be a downer, just making sure people don't get too ahead of themselves with excitement and hope for what might come.

Posted Image

#53 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Let them get excited, why not... even the possibiltiy of something like this happening is going to make people enjoy the game more and get proper feeling of community by backing a common goal...

People can feel free to come with small happy comments, and if i as the starter of the thread feel that it i getting too far off topic then I will moderate the thread, we are all aware that this is only a maybe thing.
Postad bild

#54 Crimson Marine

Crimson Marine

Wolf in Primarchs clothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Best thing to do is to talk about it in game chat everytime you enter a new lobby and say about showing interest on the space marine site. Has anyone who uses Twitter posted anything on the Space Marine page. PR people!

Skotten, can you put a link to the topic on the SM forum, can't seem to find it.

Sent via the Astronomican

Postad bild

#55 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

http://www.spacemari...ums/topic/10345
Postad bild

#56 Lamb Banana Boy

Lamb Banana Boy

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

The very fact that THQ has approached Space Marine gamers for their input on potential future DLC is more than enough to cheer about. Are they gauging our enthusiasm? Of course they are! Are they going to be pleased with the results? By the look of it so far, of course they are!

1)would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC. Yes!
2)would you be willing to pre-order this DLC. Yes!
3)what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC. 800-1200
4)would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition. Particular ones. When I'm working again, I'd probably buy them all, as well as all the other skins we already have just to show my support for the developers if nothing else.
Fear the Wolf in Lamb's clothing.

Space Wolves Chapter
Iron Wolves Company
Red Claws
Tea Boy

#57 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Maybe a tad off topic skot, but why make another mode? Someone suggested just adding terms as another class for multiplayer. Wouldn't this be easier? But just a thought. I have voted for it either way. Something is better then nothing....
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#58 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Something complete separate would in fact be easier because it is then entirely independent of the rest of the games mechanics. Adding a new class to the game requires balancing and incorporation of all of the weapons and classes already in place.

Posted Image

#59 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

The idea is to keep terminators armour and weapons completely seperate from today's game yes.
Postad bild

#60 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

How disappointing. Space hulk will amuse us for awhile but not as much as integration. Just have to wait for DM!

Sent from my Spark using Board Express

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!