112 replies to this topic

#1 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

A few days ago i was lucky enough to be invited to a private game with some of the THQ staff, and the chat got around to the subject of future DLC. The way it was left was that if we as a community can show enough interest in a single DLC idea then the contact in THQ will do their best and try and push it through.

I would like for everyone who would like to see this idea developed to pass the word onto all their friends

Myself and others in the Gothic Wars have tested the ideas of what people most want and it seems to be that the most wanted content would be Terminator armour playing an Exterminatus style game on a Space Hulk vs Tyranids. So this is the content we are trying to push forward, and kindly note this thread is NOT for people to come with a whole bunch of ideas and suggestions, neither is it in any way or form a thread to post complaints about things such as balance and/or connection issues, but to get behind an idea that already has over 100 players backing it. If we can do this then the potential is there for future ideas to come.

What we would like is for people to answer the following questions on the thread here, and also to send a response to the following mail address, to help co-ordinate the numbers onto one place.. space_wolves@live.com

1)would you be willing to buy a Terminator/Space Hulk DLC.
2)would you be willing to pre-order this DLC.
3)what would you be willing to pay in MS points for this DLC.
4)would you like to be able to purchase terminator skins in addition.

This is a golden opportunity for the people who play and enjoy this game to be able to give some serious input into it's future, and i hope we can get a healthy response from people to be able to do this.
Postad bild

#2 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

This is great! I hope something actually comes from it. Though I myself would like to see more custom options for armor and more badges, or a create a badge.

Though termi DLC would be awesome.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#3 THE G0D EMPER0R

THE G0D EMPER0R

Meatshield

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Yes, yes, 1200 as longas it's damn good and yes.

#4 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

My only inquiry is on the terminator skins part. I fully support all the previous and would say the typical 800-1200 MS points seems to make sense. But what would these skins be? Because I don't want people running around regular Space Marine looking like terminators but being exactly the same. And if those skins are just for the Terminator Exterminatus thing I don't see why they wouldn't have a suitable cross section of color schemes to begin with that are adequate.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#5 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

I would love this, I would pay 800-1200 ms points, my only hope is that this will be its own class, not a regular marine that just looks like a terminator
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#6 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

A Terminator Exterminatus DLC is a good a idea, and is 1200MS worth
to be able to use the terminatos armor in the multiplayer, i dont think a skin is going to be good, but another gamemode (maybe one that is free and is release with the Terminato DLC) where one player in each team play a terminator, and the objective is to kill the opposite terminator, maybe a Kill VIP type of game.

Posted Image

#7 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

it is not so much the details we are after here, more that the makers do something with terminator armour;-) anyone who wants to see the rabid ravings i have so far can mail me at

space_wolves@live.com

initially will be totaly seperate from the main game, so power armour and terminator never meet. As for new game types, king of the hill, and last man standing on a 5-5 versus level with terminator armour would be good, in addition to the exterminatus game type.

The skins would let people who like to buy them be able to continue to do so with the new armour, i for one have bought everything to support the game even skins i don't use and will continue to do so. It also lets the producers of the game have another source of income.

Postad bild

#8 skeggs1664

skeggs1664

Biker Champion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I think the idea is a good one, for a standard DLC (like the ones before) I would be prepared to pay a standard 800MSP, however, if there was a single player campaign/mini story to go with it then I would probably push the boat out. I wouldn't want to fork out a fortune for something which is no different to what we have already othen than just different skins of Terminator armour and a different foe. This would be counter productive with people feeling they have been taken for a ride.
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Not unto us, o Lord, not unto us, but unto your name grant glory!

#9 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Also going to try and implement new terminator weapons and perks as well as achievements, anyone fancy lightning claws? Heavy Flamer perhaps? ;-)
Postad bild

#10 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

What about a multi-melta for all the Gothic Wars melta fans... I would love to see a new leveling system for a Terminator/space hulk co-op mode with new weapons, perks and rewards.
Postad bild

#11 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

More customization would be awesome. I would pay 1200ms for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#12 Son of Zim

Son of Zim

Meatshield

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Love this idea! I really hope you can successfully push for it.

1.Yes I would purchase the DLC
2. Yes I would pre-order it
3. 800 MS points
4. Not interested in skins

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

They fulfilled their license quota to GW and considering how bad THQ are doing right now I doubt this will ever come about.

However, more of the same isn't going to make it much more fun or enduring. Terminator DLC will just be like Dreadnought DLC, somehow someone gets a buff that makes them tougher and stronger.

What they really need is a new enemy type. Tyranids would be the obvious one, however Nids are very similar to other races that are done to death. Personally I'd like to see a Necron enemy added. Perhaps with a gamemode similar in style to Kill Team, make it randomly generated terrain segments with basic missions popping up along the way. Stand and fight Horde modes are alright, but get boring rather fast

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#14 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

As the begining of the post states this is a set plan for a set type of DLC, as opposed to a "what would you like to see" thread. THQ seemed serious about pushing a single idea, and as terminator armour was mentioned in the conversation, that is why we've run with it now after checking the general interest in it.

Terminator armour would be very different from dreadnought.

And also the possibilty of terminator vs terminator games is different specialy with new weapons available.
Postad bild

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

THQ seemed serious about pushing a single idea, and as terminator armour was mentioned in the conversation, that is why we've run with it now after checking the general interest in it.

I will admit it seems the most likely DLC if one were to release, because it's already been done. The game has Loyalist and Heretic Terminator armor and a range of weapons already completed (Storm + PF, Light Claws, Hammer and Shield, A.Cannon, MM). Considering THQ have never failed to trump up the original companies work as their own and release it as DLC then this could be done. Financially it's still doubtful, though it would be cool

EDIT: The game also has Librarians/Sorcerors, Chaplains/Dark-Apostles and Killa Kans in it as well, so they could feature. What I mean by ingame is that someone managed to unpack all the archive files on the PC version and found bits for these (plus Dreadnought and CTF which released shortly afterwards).

cruSig2.jpg

#16 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

THQ seemed serious about pushing a single idea, and as terminator armour was mentioned in the conversation, that is why we've run with it now after checking the general interest in it.

I will admit it seems the most likely DLC if one were to release, because it's already been done. The game has Loyalist and Heretic Terminator armor and a range of weapons already completed (Storm + PF, Light Claws, Hammer and Shield, A.Cannon, MM). Considering THQ have never failed to trump up the original companies work as their own and release it as DLC then this could be done. Financially it's still doubtful, though it would be cool

EDIT: The game also has Librarians/Sorcerors, Chaplains/Dark-Apostles and Killa Kans in it as well, so they could feature

That's the hope with getting names and numbers for them ;-)

Also THQ seem to be pretty keen on showing that all is ok, so this might be a way to do it.. was confirmed that no other playable races would happen... we thought a three way seize ground and anihilation with orks would of been nice;)
Postad bild

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'd rather them pump out Dark Millenium faster, but if they are going to make some DLC then Terminators would be interesting. Be even better if it's a 3rd playable class option in normal games. Make it tough and a heavy hitter, but slow to turn past the pivot and slow to walk.

cruSig2.jpg

#18 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yes
yes (how do you per order dlc?)
800-1200
Depends on what skins come out and how they look. but more than likely yes.

For the terminator version of exterminatus, maybe instead of waiting for the gate open to get to the new area, maybe a survival about getting from point a to point b as one contineous map? Like a left 4 dead did. with some form of objectives like in space hulk.

My only worry is if they even have any resources to do this considering what thq has been going through lately.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#19 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yes.
Yes.
800 to 1600 ms points.
Yes.
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#20 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

yes to all of that and I personally dont care the price honestly.  

I'd rather them pump out Dark Millenium faster, but if they are going to make some DLC then Terminators would be interesting. Be even better if it's a 3rd playable class option in normal games. Make it tough and a heavy hitter, but slow to turn past the pivot and slow to walk.

I agree completely!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

Change Theme!