39 replies to this topic

#21 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

(right, just because they know where you are, immediately they know what you are doing right?)

This, basically. Also, pretty sure my phone doesn't stop what I'm doing the moment someone walks into the room.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#22 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

You make some good valid points (and when wrighting my earlier post I was abit pissed from getting cheesed in starcraft)

Yes I understand that there are tonnes of different ways for getting a games console and therefore getting games but they are outlyers in most case the vast majority of used games sales are not from people who can't afford them they are from people who want to save a fiver.

And you're point about the games yes there are some different titles of games but not nearly as many as there would be if the devs didn't have to worry about closing down. Its no lie (and foolish to believe other wise) that the used game market is causeing all this; the only source of income for devs are the initial game sales so if they try to do somthing new and fail then they simply have to close down; why do you think so many devs have failed recently cause its not down to games not selling cause in most cases they sell realy well.  
oh so authrix when did you get the one or can you see into the future because last time I checked this is just speculation so you must be magic to be able to comfirm that this is the case? 
Oh and you know what would of happened if the used game market dies we will get unified prices, sales, discounts, cheaper prices, game bundle .ect for the console's and before anyone says well this wont happen well were is you're evidence for this cause I have evidence just look at the PC game market steam for example always has sales always has bundles even on new AAA titles that have been out for a short period of time go on discounts.
Posted Image

#23 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Doom I think you forgot how to grammar. And Spell. And use puncuation

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#24 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm using a differen't laptop than so the keys are different plus mine has spell check in the browser and this one doesn't
Posted Image

#25 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm using a differen't laptop than so the keys are different plus mine has spell check in the browser and this one doesn't

I have the same problem. I was using an unfamiliar keyboard writing up some course work for about 5 minutes until I actually looked at what I typed, damn that was funny reading through. 

PC gaming also has the benefit of (surprisingly) good free games, like World Of Tanks, Team Fortress, etc.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#26 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Drop it in a word document, sort out spelling, grammar and what have you, then paste it back across.

Back OT

My PC is good enough for me to play pretty much anything that takes my eye, and didn't cost as much as either console. It also doesn't require a monthly fee for the pleasure of being online (ISPs aside, which everyone pays for regardless of machine), and I'm not constantly being spied on to boot! It's like a win-win-win situation. Unless I win my game, in which case it's a win-win-win-win situation :D

I cannot oblige Pony.

#27 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

But too many risks with PC, viruses and etc, especially with games like WoW.

Posted Image

#28 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

As someone who lives in a price gouging nation I pray used games never die. I'm glad to see Ms being forced to undo their archaic console restrictions. While I'm aware of "the losses", the only one that makes sense is disk games being digitally available and that doesn't bother me much

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#29 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Easy people there is no need for sarcasm your all adults (i guess) keep it cool

On another note you can still download your games and use the cloud system the cloud will still be an extension for games soo they are not really forcing any publishers to fit in what ever they can into a disc

they just lifted up the drm wich in the first place they said they dint have any control over (wich still worries me soo they did have control over the drm way to confuse more the people)

Anyways what are you guys complaining about now? the family pack deal? the online check up every 24 hours? the ability to take your xbox with you anywhere you want?

Jeez guys at first i was complaining about the drm now they took it out and people over the web are now complaining about it for not having it

you can never get everyone happy

Quick edit:
Uhhh weird i thought i posted this 2 hours ago lol

A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#30 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Only if you're not careful, and - wait, people still play WoW? :P

I cannot oblige Pony.

#31 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Only if you're not careful, and - wait, people still play WoW? :P

Little bro does, I suffer the consequences as well however :/

Posted Image

#32 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Well, that explains it.

WoW doesn't cause viruses, little brothers do. :P

I cannot oblige Pony.

#33 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

WoW doesn't cause viruses, little brothers do. :P

and if you play Horde the Tauren might give you fleas

cruSig2.jpg

#34 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

As someone who lives in a price gouging nation I pray used games never die. I'm glad to see Ms being forced to undo their archaic console restrictions. While I'm aware of "the losses", the only one that makes sense is disk games being digitally available and that doesn't bother me much

With DRM and the lack of region locking you eliminate price gouging, especially with games being made available to download via marketplace. You have a universal price for everyone everywhere, and discounts made available through microsoft because there aren't retailers with contracts against it.

=============================================

And about the innovations with the Kinect, it is mostly targetted towards the non-gaming side as it really is an incredible device. Even with the original one, there were tons of uses in research and the like. Now, with vast improvements to it you can expect to see more research and other applications involved with using the new Kinect. It really is an amazing device with amazing software, regardless of whether you are ignorant of this fact or not.

==============================================

And if you're worried about the Kinect spying on you or turning off when there are multiple people in the room or some shit, you should really throw your cell phone away. You know that your government has the ability to track where you are and monitor all of your phone calls right? I would call that more of an invasion of privacy than some stupid camera attached to a box that you can easily turn away/cover up.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

With DRM and the lack of region locking you eliminate price gouging, especially with games being made available to download via marketplace. You have a universal price for everyone everywhere, and discounts made available through microsoft because there aren't retailers with contracts against it.

Both the Microsoft and Sony "nz stores" sell digital and digital-only (content without retail disks available) content at 30-85% markups over their American counterparts (allowing for lack of tax here and currency conversions).

Both are being investigated by the Aussie commerce commision for illegal price gouging.

cruSig2.jpg

#36 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Oh my apologies i thought it was a third party retailer and not MS and Sony themselves...

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#37 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

Oh my apologies i thought it was a third party retailer and not MS and Sony themselves...

Heh, I wish it was a 3rd party retailer. Laws here and in Aussie are not good at dealing with wayward multinationals. Made even worse when you realise that NZ has what is essentially a republican/torry government atm.

Quite often retail (and obvious second hand) is cheaper than digital for me (PS3, Vita and Xbox 360). Steam is cheaper now EA no longer publishes through them (ie origin is the same price as retail)

cruSig2.jpg

#38 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Lol i freaking love angry joe
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#39 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

And if you're worried about the Kinect spying on you or turning off when there are multiple people in the room or some shit, you should really throw your cell phone away. You know that your government has the ability to track where you are and monitor all of your phone calls right? I would call that more of an invasion of privacy than some stupid camera attached to a box that you can easily turn away/cover up.

actually if you've been watching the news the NSA has been doing this with everyone's phones.

(http://yahoo.usatoda...05-10-nsa_x.htm)

Which I think has a lot to do with people being turned off by the Kinect since Microsoft is on the list of company's that give information to the NSA.

(http://arstechnica.c...crosoft-others/)

Take that with a grain of salt though but it is something to keep an eye on as time goes on.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#40 Trollet

Trollet

Captain of the 3rd company

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I will not buy any of the consoles until after a few years, by then whichever is the better choice will probably be clear. I still think the X-box One looks more interesting though.
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

Change Theme!