39 replies to this topic

#1 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

So I just heard from a friend that microsoft are dropping alwayse on and changing some of there other plans for the One.
Link to a site.
http://kotaku.com/mi...e-drm-514390310

So thoughts?
Posted Image

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm not sold TBH. For me, the benefits of a PS4 still outweigh the costs of the XB1.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#3 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

The fact the features STILL need fixing with a patch is a BIG turnoff for me. The "oh, you only need to install/set it up ONCE now" also irks me

I'm keeping my 360, but Microsoft is dreaming if they think I'm getting the X1

Also, and yes, I AM aware some of these are real people, and I am not singling out anyone (read: no one here on Gothic Wars), I have to shake my head at the comments to the effect saying "none of the features people are complaining about are factors for me." Really? NO ONE ever buys used games? You buy EVERYTHING new(and to hammer the point home, you WANT/LIKE it that way)? You don't share any games with friends...ever? I'm sorry, that sounds like a certain corporation is paying you to say that...hmmmm :s

I know a lot of people aren't that concerned about the always online thing since they stay connected anyway, and I understand that. However, being forced to is what my issue is. Having something that is actively watching you in your home...yeah, I'll pass on Skynet Ver 1.0 thank you very much

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#4 warhammerkeith

warhammerkeith

Meatshield

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
warhammerkeith, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2013.

#5 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

So dante when will you be getting rid of your laptop or your phone then?

On another note serously none of the negative's effect me I always buy new if possible I dont lend games and if i'm on my xbox then the first thing I do is connect to live and if I cant then I dont play my xbox I read a book or somthing.
Posted Image

#6 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Nop still getting a ps4 first and xbox one later they just realized how much money they were going to loose thats why they changed it.... money thats all they wanted in the first place (shouldnt have done all that crap in the first place!)

They just learned a big lesson dont fuck with people and their games

But still ps4 is cheaper and i love how people say ps4 is for poor people lol selfish assholes i was going to get both consoles before any conference was showed after watching them i was going to get only a ps4(microsoft was being arrogant and i didnt want to buy something that would screw gamers all over the world) but now with this news i may go back to my original plan but as always we will have to wait and see what other surprises the next gen consoles will bring
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#7 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

Pretty awesome job by Microsoft. They got rid of the only two things holding them back (other than the price difference). I probably wont be getting a 1st generation of production console because both the PS4 and XB1 will mostly likely have overheating problems (or other problems), and didn't plan to, but it's good to see Microsoft actually doing something positive. They are doing a lot of innovative things with the XB1 OS and hardware and i'm looking forward to the sleek interface (hopefully its actually as quick and seamless as was shown in the demos).

Looks like the PS4 bandwagon just got sidelined, but still...

Posted Image

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#8 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well Microsoft can always turn around and decided to put it back after people start buying as the classic bait and switch can happen but the funny thing is that who ever does buy has to get that shitty Kincet that comes with every new Xbox one that's going to monitor you as you sleep, watch Tv and do whatever you do all day

So paying 100 dollars more then Ps4 and we get a surveillance camera that watch our every move good Job Microsoft way to fuck people over still

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#9 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

You know that you can unplug it while it is off right...or cover it up or make it face a different direction...

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#10 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

still think a ps4 is the right move as it is more user friendly right now. I would not like to keep unpluggng my xbox just to feel i am not being watched in my own home so yeah in my book ps4 is cheaper and will not watch me all day :D
Posted Image

#11 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

You know that you can unplug it while it is off right...or cover it up or make it face a different direction...

Yea so every time when you get off the xbox your going to have to unplug it from the wall and make sure all the wires aren't connected to the xbox...yea problem solving 101 until you wake up and remember that you have to reassemble it and disassemble it every day just making what you said a hassle and make the face the other direction?

I'm not so sure as it probably will record you as the sound coming from around the room

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#12 BigO03

BigO03

Ravenwing Jungle Cat Hunter

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

put a piece of electrical tape over the lens.... this isnt rocket science
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

But I shouldn't have to. This shouldn't be a problem that needs fixing. Basic rights to privacy, etc etc.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

well just turnng it of at the wall is not that much hastle and plus there are already so many thing that already can record what you do and what you say but I guess haters gonna hate.
Posted Image

#15 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm surprised that people aren't complaining about the GPS in our cell phones....

OMG THERES A GPS IN MY CELL PHONE THEY CAN TRACK WHERE I AM AT ALL TIMES!??!?! WHERE IS MY PRIVACY!?!?!

Instead of focusing on the amount of technological innovations implemented in the Kinect and the applications it has in and out of gaming, let's focus on the fact that it has to be plugged in.

Yes that makes sense.

#16 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

annnnnd I'll just put this here ;) http://www.dorkly.co...te-announcement
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#17 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know that the link was suppose to be for comedic reasons, but there's a part of me that thinks that this is what the guy really thought in his head.

And the kinect innovations thing, not that many people give a damn about it in the first place and didn't even buy it when it first came out. You can literally use the xbox controller do what the kinect does, which is controlling your xbox. The device is more of a gimmick then something of actual use.

At least with a gps in the phone, it can be use if you every disappear or get lost out in the middle of nowhere so emergency services can find you. I doubt a gimmick motion sensor can used in ways that help justify it like that.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#18 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Well isn't this great the one thing that they were gong to do that was actualy going to help devs and allow them to make more diverse games as they no longer need to make the same shovel were to just keep afloat will be removed just fucking great! 
And priest but the GPS still allows people to know were you are so thats still kicking your privacy in the face.

This just proves that the internet is full of idiots (Don't take this personaly not aimed at any of you) microsoft try and inovate, to try and bring somthing like steam to the fucking console's and every one reponds with a big fuck you well I guess they want to surport the retailers and want to make sure that inovation dies by forceing devs to make nothing but CoD clones for the next generation all because some people cannot be arsed to wait slightly longer so they can buy new games cause that £/$5 you saved is bound to be so much of a benefit. 
And before anyone starts talking about how some people cant afford to pay full release price then prey tell how they can afford to buy the god damn gameing console in the first place!
Posted Image

#19 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

annnnnd I'll just put this here ;) http://www.dorkly.co...te-announcement

A part of me really wants that article to be genuine... :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#20 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

(right, just because they know where you are, immediatly they know what you are doing right?)

I thought they already have something like steam for consoles, you know, called the xbox marketplace or the playstation's version? (seems like everyone thinks that a steam version for xbox is what mircorsoft is going to put in, but what makes you think that in the first place?)

And the COD clones? It's because that is what has been selling almost non stop to a huge audience that immediatly buy it the moment a new cod title pops out or something very similar. Companies want to make profit, so why not sell what people seem to want? (or atleast show it with thier wallets.) And not to mention, maybe that people are not that
financelly well off to keep buy new games at full retail price? And they wait till they can afford it later on when more important expenses are out of the way? And the console itself? A gift of christmas, birthday, or from a friend? Or maybe it was on sell at a store? There are several ways to get a console you know that right? Or hell, maybe they saved up extra cash from previous pays to get it later?

Don't you remember the other great games that came out this gen without the "innovations" the mircosoft wants to put in for the next generation?
Mass Effect triliogy
Bioshock
Gears of war
Dead space triliogy
Metro 2033
Lost planet
Dark souls
Borderlands
There is always going to be games that want to cash in than be different, but there also still be games that will try to distict themselves from the rest as well.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

Change Theme!