123 svar till detta ämne

#41 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 25 oktober 2012 - 08:33

oh dear, you slide backwards across the creatures back and slide down towards the ground, if you don't react quickly you will be trodden into the ground...
Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#42 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1 833 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Postad 25 oktober 2012 - 09:59

Krell does not give up easy, and tries once again to stab his knife into the scales of the beast. Using brutal force, he uses his free hand to hammer the knife in.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#43 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 26 oktober 2012 - 06:32

This time the knife sticks well and truly into the scales, and you can see that you efforts earlier have loosened a scale on the creatures neck, not too far from the main jugular.

#44 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 26 oktober 2012 - 09:48

Hanging on with all his strength, Krell reaches for his Combat Shotgun. As he is thrown side to side by the beasts movement, he tries to shove the weapon into the naked flesh where the scale has loosened, and fire it on semi-auto, hoping to severely damage the main jugular.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#45 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 27 oktober 2012 - 06:09

The first shot slices the jugular, and the creature thrashes madly, knocking the second shot off course. The third shot tears out a good portion of the neck, and the creature falls to the ground. You are now on the jungle floor, coated in blood and breathing heavily from the encounter.

#46 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 05 november 2012 - 07:57

Spoiler

Krell tries to control his shaking body. The adrenaline is running wild in his muscles, but he can not afford to lose control over them. While he gets up, he tries to lower his thundering heart pace through controlled breathing. Even though his vision is blurred by adrenaline and blood, he manages to find is shotgun, lying in the under growth, it too covered in blood.
With his weapon in hand, he steadily walks towards the head of the beast. When he arrives he shoves the weapon into the eye of the beast without hesitation and fires another semi-auto burst.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#47 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 05 november 2012 - 08:56

Your shots ensure that the beast is well and truly dead. Your jungle instincts tell you however, that this kill will be drawing predators in like moths to a flame. There is the added risk that such a titanic conflict will not have gone un noticed...

#48 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 08 november 2012 - 10:57

Krell draws a shuddering breath, taking a moment to appreciate the silence that is after a battle. Thought the silence is short lived on a DeathWorld, and soon he can hear the warning shouts of different animals, and, what he suspects, carnivores and scavengers moving about..

Taking a good look on the dead best, Krell silently states to himself that this is the biggest kill he have ever downed. He takes a few moments to contemplate how long it would take for this body to disappear.. On a normal world, it would have taken months, or even years. But on a DeathWorld? He would be surprised if it was anything left of the carcass at the end of the day.
Krell looks down on his blood drenched body, and sneers to himself:
"Covered in blood on a Deathworld.. And here I though it was going to be boring..."

Starting to move away from the carcass, Krell takes forth his map and tries to find a body of water where he can clean himself. If there is none in the near vicinity, he moves on to the target.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#49 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 10 november 2012 - 06:28

You find a river not too close to the kill site, and far enough down wind to be well out of the way of any more large beasts which may want you on the menu.

another roll if you would please

#50 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 10 november 2012 - 11:19

Spoiler

Posted Image

#51 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 11 november 2012 - 04:55

you enter the river, and wash all of the blood off. More over you use some of the bank mud to daub over your armour and things. It should mask your offworld scent better, and avoid any other conflicts with large - hungry - creatures.

#52 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 13 november 2012 - 10:54

After getting rid of the blood and the off-world smell, Krell checks his gear so that nothing have been damaged during the battle, or by the drenching in mud. Satisfied that he can return the gear given to him by his Owner undamaged, he starts moving toward the target, knife in hand once again.

While Krell moves fast and silently through the jungle, he tries to calculate the amount of time lost due to the battle, and the detour to the river. The man in the armory had given him four days. By Krell's calculation he should have investigated all the points of interest within 2.3 days. Unforeseen battles and events included.. How long it would take to discover the reason on the other hand, was an unknown variable.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#53 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 13 november 2012 - 05:56

you move very fast and silently, through the jungle and eventually reach a rise, and a break in the mass of trees which affords you a good look of the surround for miles

roll please, just roll - this is to see how much you see

#54 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 13 november 2012 - 06:15

Spoiler

Posted Image

#55 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 14 november 2012 - 05:27

In the far distance to the east, you can see a pillar of smoke rising from the jungle. Natural fires never occur on deathworld's such as this, so you know immediately that this is something different entirely.

#56 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 14 november 2012 - 06:53

"Seems like I found my point of interest.." Krell states calmly, before setting of with renewed vigor.

Posted Image

#57 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 16 november 2012 - 02:48

roll please

#58 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 16 november 2012 - 11:44

Spoiler

Posted Image

#59 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 17 november 2012 - 12:00

as soon as you get going, you realise that this is going to be more than tricky. Stranglegroves line the direct route for miles, meaning you will either have to force a way through, or spend the time detouring round.

#60 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 17 november 2012 - 11:51

Halting his movement, Krell look out over the stranglegroves stretching out for miles.
"Through or around..?"
Krell takes a moment to contemplate his problem, and tries to spot an alternative route. Maybe by going through the canopy of the jungle?

Spoiler

Posted Image

Change Theme!