123 svar till detta ämne

#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 05 oktober 2012 - 05:18

"You are a man that I could make use of in this galaxy, no mistake there." the inquisitor casually remarks to the giant enforcer stood before him.

"Yes, I have far too few enforcers in my retinue of late, and funnily enough you have been transferred to me at exactly the right time, there is a mission that would suit someone of your talents perfectly."

He pauses and gathers his breath.
"below is the death world, Thenos, and it previously had around about half a million inhabitants spread around the globe. It is covered in 90% jungle, and this means that you are the perfect candidate for the job at hand. We received anonymous messages from settlements detailing strange creatures, and then one by one all the settlements fell silent. We cannot spare the resources to send a regiment of the guard to investigate, so instead we are sending a single operative: you. Any questions?"

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1 833 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Postad 06 oktober 2012 - 07:01

Krell stands silent and listens to his new owner. As he listens to the Owners words, he feels a small amount of confusion. Krell can feel that the individual standing before him, his Owner, is both strong and powerful, but he can see no reel reason for this. The owner seems to bear the title 'Inquisitor', a title that have no meaning to Krell.

When the 'Inquisitor' is done speaking, Krell speaks for the first time. He speaks with a deep voice and heavy accent.
"A jungle? Haven't seen one of those in a long time..." He says this while staring into the distance, like a statement to no one.

Krell quickly regains his composure, and turns to the face the 'Inquisitor', meeting his gaze with his own.
"After I have investigated, what would you have me do, 'Inquisitor'? Will you grant me equipment, or do you wish me to do this with my bare hands?" His questions is honest, for if his 'owner' wished it to be so, then Krell would go with only his hands.

Posted Image

#3 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 07 oktober 2012 - 09:05

"I like the way that you work krell, and I can assure you that I truly am an inquisitor. You may take whatever weapons and equipment that you feel you will need on this mission. Is that acceptable?"

#4 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 07 oktober 2012 - 12:02

Krell tilts his head slightly, a look of slight confusion on his face:
"'Acceptable'? It is not up to me to answer that question. It is up to me to fulfill your orders, 'Inquisitor'."

After he has spoken, Krell straighten himself, and shifted his gaze from his 'Owner', and instead stared into empty air. Letting his memory bring him back to his youth, and the lessons learnt on Catachan. That knowledge would be useful when doing this task for the 'Inquisitor'. When the familiar burning sensation in his head begun, he let go of the memories, and returned to face his 'Owner'.

"For me to fulfill this task as efficient as possible I will require the following:
-Light Armor, preferably an Armored Body Glove
-A Shotgun, preferably a Gun Metal Hive Combat Shotgun, with three or more clips.
-Jungle Equipment, containing rope, small medkit, water purification tablets, map and compass.
-A mean to land on the planet.
-All information regarding the sighting of these creatures, the last hit colonies, and what colonies have yet to be hit.

Will you grant me this, 'Inquisitor'?"

Posted Image

#5 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 11 oktober 2012 - 07:31

"All of those can be found for you, a servant will bring them to you before you depart via valkyrie. With regards to the attacks all that we know is that whatever attacked managed to overwhelm each and every outpost before any call for aid could be sent, or any help could be received. We suspect some form of xenos creature is involved."

#6 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 12 oktober 2012 - 10:03

Krell listens silently. When the 'Inquisitor' is done talking he stays silent for a while, turning over the information he has just received in the logical part of his brain.

"No survivors at all? Must have been damn effective killers..." He says once again to him self, with a humorless smile.

"I thank you for the equipment, and I promise that I will return it safely. How do you want me to contact you when the investigation is done, 'Inquisitor'? And, I must take the opportunity to ask, is there any other title you would like me to call you by, instead of 'Inquisitor'?"

Posted Image

#7 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 12 oktober 2012 - 04:21

"your doubt over my title is most amusing. I am an inquisitor." he pulls out the rossette and shows Krell "see. Anyhow, i want you to take this with you. It is a handheld holo projector."

#8 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 12 oktober 2012 - 05:15

Krell watch with interest on the rosette that his 'owner' shows to him. It means nothing to him, but it seems to imply an important rank of some kind.

"I am sorry, but the title means nothing for me, I merely heard others mention it when speaking about you. But if that is your title, I shall call you by it, my 'Inquisitor'."

Krell takes the handheld holo projector and turns it over in his hands. Even though he is not trained in the Way of the Machine, Krell thinks that he can manage to use it. Putting the projector away, Krell then stands in attention.

"As soon as I have recived the equipment granted by you, I am ready for departure, my 'Inquisitor'."

Posted Image

#9 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 12 oktober 2012 - 05:36

"i suggest that you make your way to the chapel then. Make peace with the emperor"

#10 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 12 oktober 2012 - 08:54

"If you wish me to do so, my Inquisitor." Krell says while doing a low bow.

Krell leaves the room silently, making his way to the chapel. He memorized the way earlier, so he has no problem finding it. When he arrives, he stands before the image of the Emperor.

"'Make peace with the Emperor' he said.. Hmh..." He spoke silently to himself.
Looking up on the image of the Divine Emperor he feels nothing. He believes in Him, but in the end, feels nothing for Him, like with everything else.

Krell stands in silence, what should be the appropriate set of time, before he moves on, towards the armory to gather his equipment, and then to make his way the hangar.

Posted Image

#11 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 13 oktober 2012 - 07:16

"Brother, I implore that you would wait just a little longer?" says a cleric of the chapel "I would share a moment of prayer with you, to better prepare your soul for the hardships that undoubtedly face you"

#12 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 14 oktober 2012 - 08:08

Krell stops in the middle of a step. He turns around and stares at the cleric before him.
*Hardship..* He thought. *The Emperor surly has bigger things to worry about.. But what better way to "make peace with the Emperor" than to pray with a cleric?*

After a moments silent, Krell finally answer the cleric with a small nod.

Posted Image

#13 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 14 oktober 2012 - 12:25

"many thanks brother, I find it is most uplifting to share moments of the emperors glory." The cleric comes closer "You truly are an exemplar of what we should all achieve. You are strong, and determined to only do good in His name. That is much to be admired." He pauses for a few seconds as if contemplating something
"and yet, we all have fears, we all have dark thoughts which haunt our souls, and upon which the very fabrics of chaos can latch onto and seed our souls with doubt and villainy. Is there such a thing that you would like to share, something which we can purge before the emperor to better prepare you for whatever task lays before you?"

#14 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 14 oktober 2012 - 10:22

Krell stares at the cleric as he speaks. Something about the man makes Krell feel the burning sensation in his brain. Probably just another feeling lost to him..

When the cleric is done speaking, Krell takes a moment to consider the words he has spoken.
"Man has always felt fear, had dark thoughts and other weaknesses.. I'm no different."

Krell turns and points at the image of the God Emperor.
"Look at Him. What do you feel..? Me? I feel nothing. No joy, no awe, no love. No tears spills from my eyes, no feeling of his presence, and no... Nothing. I know that He protects. I know that He is our shepherd. I know that He Is.. But is knowing believing? You are a man of the ecclesiarchy. You believe more than the rest, or at least you should. Is it my weakness to know, instead of believe?"

Krell stops speaking, and raising his right hand to the back of his skull, the burning sensation spreading hot pain throughout his brain. But it is a pain he his more or less used to, and gives no sign of discomfort on his expression or body language. He then stands silently before the image of the Emperor, not waiting for an answer, just because he feels that there is nothing more to be said.

Posted Image

#15 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 15 oktober 2012 - 05:34

"i can see the pain in your eyes brother, and I weep for whatever evil has marked you so. I think that truly you do believe, as you hunger to acknowledge the feeling of it. We all believe whether we knowingly accept it, or are withheld from it. What you see as weakness, I can see as strength for you are resoloute in your work for Him."

#16 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 15 oktober 2012 - 06:05

"Weeping for a man who cannot cry?" Krell spoke, once again seemingly to himself, with a grin on his lips.. "I can appreciate the irony of that."

After a moment of silent, Krell turns to the cleric.
"You truly are a man of words, and I thank you for the words you have given me. I don't know if they bring me any consolation, but I will remember them."

Posted Image

#17 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 15 oktober 2012 - 04:54

"I wish you well in your mission, and know that my prayers will be centred on you."

#18 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 16 oktober 2012 - 09:49

"Your prayers wont make a difference where I'm going." Krell stated, before he turned around and left the cleric. Once more he was on his way to pick up his equipment at the Armory, so that he could do his 'Owners' will.

Posted Image

#19 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 18 oktober 2012 - 07:36

When you reach the armoury, you knock and the door opens
A gruff looking man appears, and sternly looks you over.
"I give you four days . For days before there is another that he sends to his doom. I take it that you are here to collect your equipment?"

#20 Iron K

Iron K

• Premium Member
  • 1 833 inlägg

Postad 19 oktober 2012 - 12:33

Krell meets the mans stern look, and answers his question with a short nod.

*Four days? Good.. I work better under time pressure...*

Posted Image

Change Theme!