136 replies to this topic

#21 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have deleted my preisious post, it was a massive overraction and I apologise.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#22 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I've abstained myself from the leadership position. I told Dern, Cypher, and the rest of the leadership at the time I took the captaincy for 1st Company that that was as far as I was willing to go up the hierarchy. I would have preferred to retain my Champion position but it was either take the captaincy or be the only member of the Deathwing altogether with no leader.

With that said, I have a lot to think about here in the next few days...
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#23 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Those remaining Dark Angels have my support both as a mod and as a member of the Crimson Fists. Honor the Lion brethren

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#24 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Never has a more woeful day been felt by the members of this community. Having been introduced to the community by Dern himself, I am very sad to hear of this. However, it is in times like this that I truly take pride in being part of this community - our ability to come together as one in difficult times is Admirable. I would like to extend every courtesy to EVERY member of the dark angels, and to say that if you need anything, all you have to do is ask.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#25 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Would just like to say IF Romulous gets the head position hit up the Blood Angels for a return game. Piano speaks highly of you and he dosent suffer fools so you must be a good guy. In regards to this all i can say is for once we are in an agreement and i would like to say well done. The rest of the Dark Angels feel free to hit up the Blood Angels if you fancy a game.

I dont think the Blood Angels will leave our own site as it is home and has stood the test of time, but we might get more activity on here now that we dont have to argue with admins and mods about warnings for defending ourselves against said people.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#26 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Sorry it took so long for me to voice my opinion on this issue, I've been reading through past threads and files for an hour before I give my opinion.

As an overall I am really impressed with how the mod and admin team handled all of this, reading through what has transpired while my Internet was down I think this could have gone a lot worse.

Id like to thank the entire team for putting up with the abuse and trolling they receive so that we can enjoy this gaming community, including their dedication and the selfless sacralises they have made for all of us. Thank you.

However I predict a major downside in the long run for this site, I feel if they who shall not be named have already turned to using petty abuse and bullying it is likely they will do more to do this site harm.

It's awesome to hear Thugrens legendary clan will be coming here however I'd like to offer my own support to increase the numbers of this community:

I would like to recruit the entire PS3 community to Gothic Wars.

After spending much time observing many of their activities on the SM forum and a dozen enjin sites I think now is the best time to attempt to move all of them to Gothic Wars, and I would like to ask for the help of any others who are willing to lend their support to help me do this.

And I would like to offer my advice to Romulous (or whoever will turn out Chapter Master) as an adviser, as I have the following clan experience to offer:
Spoiler

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#27 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

However I predict a major downside in the long run for this site, I feel if they who shall not be named have already turned to using petty abuse and bullying it is likely they will do more to do this site harm.

Well said JC, and we are aware of this particular downside. Dern admitted to the Templars he intended to use GWRS as a recruiting station to syphon members, and we fully expect him to stoop to new levels now just out of pure spite. However, you never know, he might see reason, do the honourable thing and leave us all be, only time will tell.

The Mods and Faction Leaders will do their best to keep this community free from such an outcome. Also, Zero was planning to recruit more mods, this shit just got in the way. So soon we will expand the staff with people willing to look to the future and work for the betterment of everyone on here. However, that is Zero's domain and I will leave it to him to deal with recruitment as he and his team see fit, they have more than earned enough respect to not have me looking over their shoulders all the time.

Also, normal members who just want to enjoy the site can help by just being vigilant and reporting any trolling to any Officer, XO, Leader or Staff Member. It is inevitable some people who cannot see the truth of what has transpired and who follow doctrine blindly will try and sap the communities resolve and bond through posts, PMs and XBL messages.

For the latter remember you can report them, or block them if they abuse you. Do not let them destroy your faith in your friends, or the Space Marine community. The mods can help protect on this community, but only you can safeguard your XBL experience

EDIT: Also, remember to check your reputation on XBL. We have had spouts of people using Rep on XBL to try ban people from XBL. If your rep drops like a rock make sure you report it to Microsoft ASAP!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#28 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

What would we do if they tried a DDOS attack?

#29 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Im going to have my say in this.

I think what Dern has been doing to Admins and Mods is appalling behaviour on his sake. Not only has bullied the staff of this site who I might say work very hard with NO PAY for our benefit he has also tried to split our community.

After having 2 issues caused by him with the Angels, Wolfs and Scars I think it is about time that this was sorted out. If he had respected the Staff of this site things might not be the way it is now. But trying to control something which is not yours should not be tolerated by staff or any one else.

As for Dern trying to start a Warhammer forum I do not know what to think. I doubt he has any of the Coding skill Apulo or Spiny has to make it work and from the sounds of it the members of it (If there is any) will probably be tightly monitored by strict rules.

As for the Dark angels I hope you guys can Recover quickly so the community can heal. You guys are a Great chapter and I hope whoever your new leader is will be responsible enough to help the community as well as their own chapter.

Rant over.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#30 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Metal,
I heard directly from him and some who were with him that they were going to contact other forums for help. He isn't alone in his endeavor and could, in time and with help, get a forum up and running. It's not as hard as it used to be.

#31 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

What would we do if they tried a DDOS attack?

DDOS attacks require hundreds to thousands of computers slaved into accessing a single point simultaneously. Dern cannot even install a mod on DoW without a lot of help from me over XBL.

I am not worried about this, we have 1000 members, even if every single one of them were to access the site at once, we would only use ~ 40% of our server specs.

We are on a gaming server, designed to run multiple games like BF3. So it can take more load than they could possibly apply. He could ask Anonymous to do it, but they are crusaders, they check their targets validity first. If he asked them he would probably personally end up hacked back into the stone age.

cruSig2.jpg

#32 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

I think trying to resort to an attack of some form like that is unlikely.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#33 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Or before time and Space itself.........

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#34 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

That is true, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I doubt, though, that Dern would go to such lengths merely to get some sort of revenge on a few moderators.

[EDIT] I only put that out there because I actually witnessed it happen to an anime fan forum I used to go to a few years ago. I wasn't really aware how robust this site was.

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

That is true, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I doubt, though, that Dern would go to such lengths merely to get some sort of revenge on a few moderators.

It's also against Federal Law. He'll be pissed because we basically outflanked him and showed him that the community is far from a divided one. The level of friendship right now makes me suspect you are all secret bronies....

Anyway, I doubt he's stupid enough to risk jail for petty revenge. He's proud, and arrogant, but not a moron.

cruSig2.jpg

#36 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

The level of friendship right now makes me suspect you are all secret bronies....

Very perceptive... I'd have gotten away with my ponies if it weren't for you meddling mods.

#37 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

You're new here aren't you ;)

Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#38 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Very perceptive... I'd have gotten away with my ponies if it weren't for you meddling mods.

Suffer Not The Brony To Live!

Btw epic avatar... Whalelord Used Bodyslam!

cruSig2.jpg

#39 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

You're new here aren't you ;)

Don't you start that Willy Wonka crap on me :P

[EDIT] Hah, yeah. Poke-logic

#40 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

I highly doubt there will be any serious attack on GW, probably some things that will only be a nuisance but will not be noticed much, such as an extra spam bot or troll maybe but nothing more.

Also how many people are involved or supporting Dern's actions besides the half a dozen if you dont mind me askin?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!