• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#41 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Well, I only know about that roughly half dozen people. I haven't been in too many xbl parties with him tbh.

#42 Archangel 484

Archangel 484

Mando Gra'tua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Who knows how many he got to, but we wont know for sure till later.

#43 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Also how many people are involved or supporting Dern's actions besides the half a dozen if you dont mind me askin?

As you saw in Leader forum, we put 5 people on Post Moderation as they were reported by multiple people as being in the party with Dern on XBL agreeing with him and plotting.

There will inevitably be others, and Mods have been warned to be vigilant. Once the DAs elect a new leader that person will have to clean house, not a task I envy. Mods are on high alert, and will apply Post Moderation to those who seek to troll

The Dark Angels must be given the time to fix the mess they have been unfortunately been subjected to. Mods will try give them the peace they need to proceed unhindered, but inevitably some will sneak by. Warn button is your friend!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#44 Flamable_Ninja

Flamable_Ninja

I can count my fingers

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image
Things will work out.

#45 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm trying to find some logical explanation to this ^ all i can think is dafuq?!

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#46 Dominion

Dominion

Space Wolf - Blood Claw

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

From my point of view it looks like power corrupts. Dern tasted too much and this is the result. either way this community should pull out of this minor event just fine. goodluck to the Dark Angels, hope you guys choose a wise leader instead of a controlling one.
Posted Image

#47 BulletToDieFor

BulletToDieFor

Grand Master Of The Disciples Of Caliban

• Members
  • Others:
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Dern was a fine leader, one of the greatest. Anything he did, he did with the best intentions of the chapter. As a Successor chapter and part of the 1st glorious legion i must throw my name in the hat for the Grand Master of Dark angels position. I do not want this to be a competition but if i am not selected for the spot i will support whoever is. Leadership is key in these dark times and the fury of the Lion has awoken. Through me that fury will be used to lead The 1st Legion to new heights! I ask my brothers to sincerely consider me for Supreme Grand Master respectfully.
Master Of The Disciples Of Caliban
"We are the heart of Blessed Caliban and fight with the soul of the Lion" Posted Image

#48 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

While this is good new bullet there is a thread made just for this thing and I would find it wise to throw this into that thread as well.
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#49 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

This is a sad day indeed, I know I'm relatively new to this but I know if we all stick together and support the dark Angels we will come out of this fine, as the saying goes what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger, if you guys in the dark angels need any help then just ask me I will be only to happy to do whatever is in my humble ability to do.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#50 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

@ Crucias: Thank you for the information.

@ Prosperan Son: Thank you for your integrity in bringing this to light.

@ Romulus & the Rest of the Dark Angels: Good luck! The Raven Guard are here if you need us for anything.
Posted Image

#51 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

I hate that it came to this

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#52 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Nothing Has Changed - and yet everything has changed.:dodgy:
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#53 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

I agree Also but there needed to be action. Also if you all are free tonight there's something I'd like to discuss with you and cru tonight along with apulo and priest of possible
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#54 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Evening people,

I am sorry to report that tonight the Staff have permanently banned TheGodDernMan from the Gothic Wars site. The purpose of this post is to explain what lead up to this, and why we have had to do it.

Everytime the Mod team has had to issue a warning to a Dark Angel member, Dern has "gone to war" on behalf of those members. He was admirably aiming to defend his members by proxy, however it always resulted in him bullying the staff with the aim of removing said warnings.

You may recall that a few days ago the Mod staff warned a lot of members for signature violations. The Dark Angels who were at the time the largest faction received a large share of this. Almost every member from the other chapters that were warned replied in a polite and apologetic manner, this also included some Dark Angels.

There was a post put in the council area, which devolved into a rant very quickly and was therefore locked. Subsequently Dern agreed to another post, on the aim of making the rules easier to understand, in a private chat with me; unfortunately this was shortly sabotaged, derailed and therefore locked again. The third attempt was initiated by me, which Dern has not replied in yet, and that post has been highly successful and will result in some cool changes to the User Profile rules shortly.

We then had the unfortunate catalyst of some members making bad judgement call by making a thread that netted them warnings for sexist images and comments. I will not explain what it was, as the mods consider the matter closed and the members involved have apologized, but it resulted in a Dark Angel making a thread that pointed fun at the mods removing that post. When that member was warned for a video that had paedophilia as a subject matter, (veiled as a humerous video - not acceptable for a site with under 18s), Dern started harassing our Staff with a renewed frenzy on XBL, Jabber and in PMs. He quoted a disclaimer I made in my laughs of the day post back to us in an attempt to justify the aforementioned thread, this disclaimer has now been made clearer and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused the rest of you.

Dern was then told to make a ticket about it, where most of the mods tried to reason with him, but sadly he was locked on target. As the Support Documents mention, we can publish contents of a support ticket if it is in the best interests of the site. The contents of this ticket has been made available to leaders and XO - more on this later.

The Dark Angels were a tightly run chapter, the level of control and care used to run the chapter have kept them together through these long months. Unfortunately it has also resulted in a desire for control, as Dern has told many people on XBL today, he does not like Mods having the ability to warn his members without his involvement. Unfortunately everytime he was involved, he would attack the mods and try and bully them into withdrawing it, therefore you can understand why the Mods did not extend such a courtesy this week. He has also been denied Admin and Mod roles due to concerns (apparently justified) of uncontrollable levels of bias.

This brings me to the final reason for removing him. Today on XBL, Dern and some other DA leaders approached the leadership hierarchy of The Black Templars in an attempt to convince them that it would be in their best interest to move to a new site that Dern intends to found. Considering their previous destructive experience with Ordo, that they have only just recovered from, they forwarded this on to the Staff immediately; this confirmed the suspicions staff have had for a few days.

This new site would be dedicated to Warhammer alone, as apparently the inclusion of other games such as Mass Effect, BF3 and Transformers has diluted the viability of this site. So instead of a special diversity which has historically given us strength and bonded members of different chapters, he wants to go into direct competition with Bells of Souls and Dakka Dakka, Warhammer sites with over 300,000 members each.

Thanks to my previous attempts to forewarn leaders of this site, some of them knew what was happening before Dern partied them, and your leaders will be able to confirm this shortly.

Not all of The Dark Angels are party to this conspiracy, many of them will be oblivious I would urge you to give them the benefit of the doubt as not all of them intend to leave this site. Dern and his chapter has done a lot for this site (eg being the second largest donator), and we thank him for it, however the damage has now been shown to irrefutably outweigh the good. Until someone steps up to lead the remains of the Dark Angels, I have suspended posting in the private areas and applications to try and prevent flaming.

I would also like to extend an apology to the Blood Angels, Space Wolves and White Scars for Derns conduct towards them over the last few months. The damage to relations has been done, but I offer this apology on behalf of GWRS never the less, as we are only just realising just how much of a destructive factor Dern is to our morals and principles as a community. We should have listened to you, we are human and we are fallible, and we are most assuredly sorry.

I speak for the wolves to the admins and crucias, mistakes were made on all sides and your apology is whole heartedly accepted. Lets hope we can all push past it and get on with why we are here... To play space marine and enjoy the friendships developed through it. The wolves returned after a period i am sure we will not be seeing the end of the dark angels either, and should it happen that any dark angels not involved need a game, look us up.

Postad bild

#55 BulletToDieFor

BulletToDieFor

Grand Master Of The Disciples Of Caliban

• Members
  • Others:
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Link was a closed thread.
Master Of The Disciples Of Caliban
"We are the heart of Blessed Caliban and fight with the soul of the Lion" Posted Image

#56 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

I speak for the wolves to the admins and crucias, mistakes were made on all sides and your apology is whole heartedly accepted. Lets hope we can all push past it and get on with why we are here... To play space marine and enjoy the friendships developed through it. The wolves returned after a period i am sure we will not be seeing the end of the dark angels either, and should it happen that any dark angels not involved need a game, look us up.

Skotten - we may have had our differences but we still consider you guys brothers. Regardless of tatics. Dern said things that at the time were heated. People make mistakes but i will not apologize for thing that has happened - for either myself or Dern.
We hold no grudes toward anyone - just remeber Actions speak louder than words and actions have been shouting as of late.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#57 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Agreed and dare I say that we all do, but we must learn the lessons from this affair and move on with repairing the damage that has been done.

Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#58 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

An old saying of mine:

Shit Happens.

And it does. Shit happens. But we are a strong community. I agree with Thugren in saying that it shouldn't of come to this. But I Happened for the benefit of us all.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#59 Lysander

Lysander

Winter is Coming

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

I know I'm pretty new as well, but I like to think that if you have a hot-headed leader, who pushes the boundries of the rules, then nothing good will come of it. That being said, I extend my support to the DA in these tumultulous times.

Posted Image

"Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!"

#60 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Having seen the posts about romulous and spoken to unable piano my wolf priest, who i think everyone agrees is one of the most respected players in this game. He has nothing but good to say about romulous, and though this would be a dark angels choice, the wolves would certainly look forward the facing a dark angels chapter led by romulous.
Postad bild

Change Theme!