#61 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I hate getting sniped with spitfires from across the map.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#62 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

lol just left a game Aga where some dude was on top of a tower sniping people, with a bloody shotgun, some of the shots he made would've been decent with a sniper rifle, wtf is that all about?

Also gone back to using the wtf carbine I own all at all ranges gun! lol
Super Bolter ftw

#63 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

COD clone, enough said.

Any game where a fully automatic weapon can compete at range with a sniper is not worth playing.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#64 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Must agree Cru, certain guns should be superior used within there range.

The carbine in titanfall is just crazy, people on the respawn forums are asking for it to be buffed as they nerfed the clip size, I must admit I have outshot a sniper with the carbine and I am an awful shot.
Super Bolter ftw

#65 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

I use the burst rifle, and the semi-auto sniper. Used the single shot rifle before that, and the smart pistol before that. Absolutely refuse to use the full auto weapon, though I will swap my pistol for it when I find one on a corpse (better for shooting titan bits when rodeoing).

Smart Pistol is about the only weapon to bring something new to FPS, really interesting and underused weapon; so much potential when used correctly

cruSig2.jpg

#66 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

The other strange one is the shotgun, I have seen that being used at range as well.

Maybe it's a case of tweaking things to much and the balance is now fubar.
Super Bolter ftw

#67 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Well the Smart Pistol is a weapon which locks on for you... It encourages playing like a *CENSORED* basically.

I did use the Shotgun a lot as I said for my Regen but never used it at that much range as its a shotgun...

Never did like the burst weapon but was ok when it had the starburst add-on.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#68 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Smart Weapon is actually really hard to get kills with. If you halo jump it throws off and slows down the lock. It also doesn't do enough damage to kill quickly, and is unreliable when outnumbered. Those that have learned how to use it properly will wreck 3-4 people with shotguns and assualt weapons

cruSig2.jpg

#69 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Yea, well the asshole got me at long range but apparently he wasn't very good once I got in close quarters with him.

• NinjaJohnno likes this
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#70 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

I had an argument with some guy in a lobby about the auto weps being to good over range, I said it should get an occasional hit but the shots should scatter, so at range they are less accurate.

I said if you want to fight at a longer range you should use a sniper and have pin point accuracy, but suck vs a auto at close quarters.

I said there is no point having different wep types if they are all as good at the same ranges.

His only counter was I like the carbine, and it's fine, if anything it needs a buff after the mag size nerf.

I gave up in the end, can't make idiots listen to reason.
Super Bolter ftw

#71 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

To be honest I thought the Carbine was great regardless of less clip size, all that means is hit your fucking target and you don't care about ammo clip size.

I added on the compensator I think that is the attachment which gives it less recoil when fired at range and I could use it at any range really. All it requires at that range is burst firing or slowing your fire rate.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#72 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

oh for sure Carbine is great, I really don't think it needs a damage buff though.
Super Bolter ftw

#73 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

No a damage buff would allow it to beat Shotgun in close combat... Usually you can if the Shotgun wielder misses...

#74 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I am quite chuffed my KDR is quite decent, it's normally always positive unless I am pug'ing it vs a party.

Trying to use the DMR more as there seems to be a real lack of snipers, even though sniping is not normally my preferred range.

Normally I was rushing to get my first Titanfall asap but I am enjoying staying out as a pilot, gonna try Cru trick of using the auto titan as bait and picking people off.

Still prefer the 40mm but don't like burst, extended mag all the way, also even though it's slower I like the Orge, being able to hang in a fight longer and with the shield core up it can really ruin peoples day.

Super Bolter ftw

#75 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

I am quite chuffed my KDR is quite decent, it's normally always positive unless I am pug'ing it vs a party.

Trying to use the DMR more as there seems to be a real lack of snipers, even though sniping is not normally my preferred range.

Normally I was rushing to get my first Titanfall asap but I am enjoying staying out as a pilot, gonna try Cru trick of using the auto titan as bait and picking people off.

Still prefer the 40mm but don't like burst, extended mag all the way, also even though it's slower I like the Orge, being able to hang in a fight longer and with the shield core up it can really ruin peoples day.

Remember dash sideways is your friend, people seem to be slow to react to that sort of thing. It ruins a shot with the Railgun or Missile (Titan)

cruSig2.jpg

#76 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Cool cheers again Cru!
Super Bolter ftw

#77 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Also don't forget the effectiveness of the bait and boom tactic!

Lay the explosive charge thing round a corner from your choice of fighting area. Fall back past the bombs and explode them. If you're using my titan ai bait method, make sure the bombs are behind the titan and between the titan and you. Use the return to me command to make the titan fall back to you, when the enemy passes your presents detonate them. Then follow up with your anti-titan weapon while swapping the titan ai back to shoot mode. The triple team will anhiliate anything if done correctly.

cruSig2.jpg

#78 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

I hate using Satchel Charges... Might be because I dislike remote things and prefer something that will blown by itself...

In Third Generation you need to get 50 Pilot kills... Annoying as fuck. I think last time I checked I was on about 25-30 kills. Finally destroyed 50 Titans with the Plasma Railgun...

Although at the I'm just playing Fallout New Vegas since I got it for £3.75 from the Xbox Live marketplace after my disc became unreadable. Now I'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors 8 to arrive so I can play that as I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game which follows the Three Kingdoms battles since Dynasty Warriors 4...

#79 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

for satchel kills rodeo a titan, place the charges in the titan and if the guy gets out to try and kill you jump off and blow the charges 9/10 you get the pilot as well.

Super Bolter ftw

#80 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Well I do feel like a *CENSORED* using Satchel Charges as well... I prefer playing Hard Point so I usually use them to clear people off objectives.

Change Theme!