#1 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

Anyone know if this games worth getting the DLC or season pass for?

Didn't want to invest if the games already in decline, as I am finding it real hard to get campaign games, and wondered if it's a sign the games waning, also only MP mode I find games for is attrition.
Super Bolter ftw

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'd imagine that it's waning already. It doesn't have the fanatic fan following as COD and Battlefield does, and because it's so similar to COD gameplay wise people will drift. I personally did not bother with the DLC because I barely like the game, however some of the others might have.

Chewy, Pony, Fuzzball?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

ok thought that may be the case, cheers Cru.

The game was a gift so wanted to know if the DLC was worth it.
Super Bolter ftw

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

ok thought that may be the case, cheers Cru.

The game was a gift so wanted to know if the DLC was worth it.

As far as I know the DLC do not add anything worthwhile spending money on. None of the new maps are groundbreaking, nor are there any new weapons or titans. Enjoy it being free :D

cruSig2.jpg

#5 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Well I got Titanfall some months ago with my Xbox One and I thought it would be a great game but the campaign is very confusing leaving a lot unknown as I didn't know the IMC was a company until I read it online, you have no real control over the storyline as winning or losing the result is same regardless of if you're in a match and you win by completely annihilating the enemy so for the first level you didn't let the Militia get more than 30 points they would still have refueled enough and you would have only shot down a small portion of their fleet.

If there was a campaign that was single player and more relatable and controllable for the player to have a direct influence over then it would have been better but the online pretty dull, basically its a Call of Duty game with a Titans added in and it was overhyped to fuck as the only new things it adds in are Titans and wall running so that all this hype it couldn't contend with as they basically spoke of a game blowing Call of Duty and Battlefield out of the water.

Other than that I would say Transformers Fall of Cybertron was more groundbreaking with the use of transformations at anytime even Space Marine was more groundbreaking with its use of Assaults/Raptors and an enhanced melee system to other games where you jab someone with a knife and they die or for Titanfall you kick them once and they die...

I bet within a few years if a few good games are released for Xbox One and PS4 Titanfall will be one of the foot notes in Gaming history as the first DLC was released last month and its been out for half a year... If they made another I'd probably get it just to try and follow the campaign and so I have something new to rage about...

Although more in answer to your question, no the DLC is not worth getting as it is a few maps... Adds in no story and from the time when I played I found I had to search for ages to find a normal game of Titanfall so searching for a select group would take even longer to the point there are no games for those maps...

Edited by dx144, 03 July 2014 - 09:14 PM.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#6 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Cool cheers DX glad I wasn't the only one a bit confused with the campaign.
Super Bolter ftw

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

Well the campaign references stuff that happened before the game's timeline EG Titan Wars but there is no record of what happened there so you're in the dark about everything and they don't really touch up on it. I checked the Titanfall Wikia about it and that said the Titan Wars were a war that happened before the current engagement... If that was the level of Detail the Horus Heresy had I think most people would be begging Warhammer to do some stuff about it...

Edited by dx144, 04 July 2014 - 03:45 AM.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#8 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

I do think they missed a trick with the campaign, I see what they tried, but really it needed to be more objective based, and have consequences for failed missions.

I always play the campaign mode before I hit the multiplayer.

Liking the 40mm cannon, with extended mag at the mo, with electric smoke for the rodeo riders.
Super Bolter ftw

#9 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

I just got the game yesterday along with an xbox one, and it doesn't exactly live up to the hype, and it's kinda like the developer realized that COD is more about the multiplayer than the campaign and decided to make campaign that was jumbled up and confusing and didn't make any sense. Also the guy who came up with the main idea is just a disgruntled former employee of the developers that made COD. The idea does have its merits but id rather have single player campaign. Right now it just seems like the game is trying to cram multiplayer down your throat.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Also the guy who came up with the main idea is just a disgruntled former employee of the developers that made COD.

I think that's the entirety of Respawn Entertainment XD

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'd still like to see them give the developers of COD a run for their money.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#12 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yea know what you mean Aga, tbh I like MP but sometimes I just cba and want to play a solo campaign, I really think they missed a trick with Titanfall, I think a solo campaign done right would've been awesome.

If you preserve with it I would recommend cluster missle for your titans ordnance, I find the ones that require a lock on to not be as versatile.
Super Bolter ftw

#13 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I'd still like to see them give the developers of COD a run for their money.

That's the thing, THEY ARE the developers of COD. Most of Respawn Entertainment is most of Infinity Ward. From what I can make out there was a conspiracy in the studio to leave Activision and join EA, Activision fired the 2 people responsible for it, then most of Infinity Ward just left and followed and formed Respawn Entertainment.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

That's the thing, THEY ARE the developers of COD. Most of Respawn Entertainment is most of Infinity Ward. From what I can make out there was a conspiracy in the studio to leave Activision and join EA, Activision fired the 2 people responsible for it, then most of Infinity Ward just left and followed and formed Respawn Entertainment.

Yep that's what I read as well

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

I sort of meant the current developers. I think Infinity ward did a good job until MW3 came out. I'm sort of biased about call of duty because I see all these kids ( ten year olds to 15 year olds mainly) become obsessed with COD and I'm like "you do realize there is more to gaming than just call of duty". i recently read an article about how triple A titles are killing the gaming industry because their monopolizing consumers. A few titles listed I disagree with, but thats because I love them (assassins creed), but it was absolutely no surprise that COD was pretty much listed first.

This is when a little competition helps to get the creativity of developers to cram into overtime, so we can get plenty of variety.

Edited by Brother Agatone, 06 July 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:01 AM

I sort of meant the current developers. I think Infinity ward did a good job until MW3 came out. I'm sort of biased about call of duty because I see all these kids ( ten year olds to 15 year olds mainly) become obsessed with COD and I'm like "you do realize there is more to gaming than just call of duty". i recently read an article about how triple A titles are killing the gaming industry because their monopolizing consumers. A few titles listed I disagree with, but thats because I love them (assassins creed), but it was absolutely no surprise that COD was pretty much listed first.

This is when a little competition helps to get the creativity of developers to cram into overtime, so we can get plenty of variety.

COD3 was the best as it had tanks. Once COD4 arrived it turned into the eSport piece of shit we have now

cruSig2.jpg

#17 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

yea i haven't played any CODs before COD4

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

COD3 had Sherman tanks and bikes from memory, lots of fun back in the day

cruSig2.jpg

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

CoD5 or WaW had tanks as well, also added in ungodly MP-40s that made STG44s and PPSH look like shit. Even though the Waffen SS and Wehrmacht would usually take PPSHs because of their increased fire rate but nevermind... Also no British involvement within World War Two as there is no British campaign, weapons or battle involving them...

#20 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

You don't exactly hear much about british involvement other than they were pretty much getting their asses kicked until the united states entered the war. And I just realized that a large majority of you are from the UK so I apologize for any offense. in the above statement.

Change Theme!