391 replies to this topic

#281 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

smash doesnt seem to notice you, but he physically picks up the turret of the tank anfd begins to bend it.

"Memorial.."

he says with a grunt, the metal whining as he bent it into the shape of a circle.

"FOr the fallen of the line."

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#282 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:55 AM

"I did not think you had such sentimentality Smash." Aberga commented as watched Smash assemble...something. He wasn't quiet sure what it was. The fact someone even cared enough of what his regiment did to erect some sort of memorial for them. He did what he could for them when they were still in ho siht, when things were still ok for the most part. He would make sure every causalty was accounted for, their names, their belongings, and of course their records. When the regiment would finally return to base, or when everyone went to rest in the area they had to garrison, he would stay to write the letter that would be sent to the next of Kin for the soldier, mailed along with their belongings. Each one would be personal, as he had strived to actually know his troops and not have a see of faces he didn't recognize like many other commanders seemed to be find with. He guessed it was easier for them to send troops to their deaths if they didn't even know their last names. It would take him days as he remembered every face, able to stay up and having such a memory thanks to his unnatural physiology, writing each letter since casualties were normally up in the hundreds at a time. It was a personal ritual for him, a cigar in a tray close to him, maybe something to drink, and a lot of times Tina sleeping on him after she fell asleep helping him keep the letters in line in the middle of the organized chaos. It just struck him now that now any letters he makes he won't be able to send now they practically cut ties with ho siht. And its not like the rebellion could reasonably spare the resources for a mail service. He would still do it, he never would even consider not doing so, but now it seemed hollow not able to send the remains of someone to people that had probably loved and care about them.  ".....Could I help in any way?" Aberga asked smash, genuine and not nearly with the same hardness that was usual in his voice.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#283 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

Smash nods and he pulls the two treads off the tank with a horrific screech, holding them apart.

"Melt off the treads so i can use this to make a cross.."

Up this close, you can see the marks of a long and hard life etched into the badgers fur. COuntless gashes and scars, testament to a vicous lifestyle dot his fur. HIs muscles are like braids of iron, and its sartlign to see something so powerful, completely calm.

"How many of yours died here.."

he says quietly

cainsig11.jpg

#284 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

"As an opinion, too many for Augustus." Aberga growled, referring as to why black company was staying here in the first place, what Cain had explained to him when he first arrived here with his company. "In actual numbers, I don't know yet. They're still compiling the casualties but I'm going to guess it's close to over a hundred good people here." Aberga sighed. He was usually pretty close to those numbers, or pessimitic enough to go over them when there's a lot of wounded who might not make the night too. His hands and arms glowed and smoke started rising off from the treads before they combusted and stared falling off in boiling slag. The smell was horrible but it was another thing you got too used to on a battlefield during sieges. "Smash, what did you do before I meet you on that highway a few weeks ago?" He asked the badger, knowing absolutely nothing about the other varghen other than his name and that he knew on of the black company members. Melinko he thinks was the name.

#285 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

"i am a student of my master Solomon Cross.."

there is a horrible clang as he smasshes the metal treads together in a way that they bend , making a makeshift cross.

"He is a necromancer of much power...but he is also a guard of humanity in egypt...He sent me here to help turn the tides a bit, ive been fighting ever since i got here with my brother...But since he was lost i have been looking for him and doing my duty.."

He slams the tread into the ground and braces it, smacking his hands together as he begins to walk among the bodies, stripping them of clothing and gear, and dragging only black company dead to the cross

cainsig11.jpg

#286 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:02 PM

"You came all the way from Egypt? A student of a necromancer? Lost brother? Smash I'll admit, your a bit more complex than I had imagined when we first meet." he said as he shook his head. "And you think being apart of this rebellion is going to help you in your cause?" he asked as he watched smash continue he assumed undertaker duties. Was this something he learned from this Solomon? he wondered. It wouldn't surprise him as much as a varghen learning something from a necromancer, knowing just how much varghens hated ghouls in the first place.

#287 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

"i think by following the bodies you tend to leave i will find waht im looking for."

He says, easily removing armors, ammo clips and weapons and tossing them in three piles.

"you have fifteen dead.."

He sasys, peelign a silencer out of his skinsuit and tossing it into the pile..

"Most of these seem like the men of the cains."

cainsig11.jpg

#288 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

"Guess I was being pessimistic again." Aberga said, happy to know the numbers were very light for their first fight as part of Cain's rebellion. "I'm not surprised, Cain's people were here fighting before we even came close to the area." He remarked. Would make sense for them to have the higher casualties since they were holding the facility in the first place. ".....So as a student of a necromancer, and a varghen from egypt, I'm surprised you even stomach something like me. Is there a reason for that?" Aberga asked. Its been a question he had for a while now, his experiences when he was younger still sticking with him. Very few varghens worked with him, all of them either being Solgin or his own soldiers who been with him long enough to get over it.

#289 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

All life is precious."

Smash says flatly, a sad look on his face.

"And you are not the only abberant i have dealt with...Nor are you the strongest."

for a long time he combs the bodies. purposefully smashing the skulls of the chinese soldgies wit hhis heel as he speaks.

"ANd being the student of master solomon isnt that different from being a soldgier...Hes waged his war since the day the ghouls rose."

cainsig11.jpg

#290 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

"Not many people share that kind of view around here Smash. You sure you want to stick around us?" Aberga asked after smash explained with bit a half grin of morbid humor. Solomon seemed a more familiar name the more Smash told about him, he didn't really keep up much with more minor events that happen outside of North America since that's where his jurisdiction laid....well used too. "How did your brother become lost anyways? To the point were you have to follow a rebellion starting man and abberant seige commander?" he inquired, sense it seemed the badger skimped over something that seemed rather personal.

#291 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

at this new question, smash simply remains still.

"Rasmus is..... Special....If he doesnt have his masks he is easily detained.....WHen the camp that had taken us n was beseiged we got seperated...I stayed to fight while he lead people away."

he reaches into his bag and pulls out a comically smiling mask.

'I found this when i started looking for him...Without this mask he may be locked in one of the more violent masks.."

cainsig11.jpg

#292 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:54 PM

Well, you're right about him being special then." Aberga said after Smash had explained about his brother. Aberga himself has come across a good number of 'colorful' characters as part of his work let alone the people he would call friends. But he never heard of someone using masks to switch between personalities. Well, maybe expect Burias but that boy has always been odd. "So why does he wear the masks?" Aberga asked him, wondering why Ramsus would be so reliant on them.

#293 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Smash sighs and puts his hands on the cross.

"HE was shattered mentally as a chil,d....Absolutely no brain activity. Technically he is brain dead.......SOmehow, master solomon was able to give him bran activity with these masks..." Smash cocks his head and looks back at the abberant commander.

"No one knows how he did it, but without this mask hes left with his more violent personalities to swap through..WIch means hell constantly be looking for a fight."

cainsig11.jpg

#294 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:39 AM

"That sounds just fucking peachy." Aberga sighed, the complexity of the situation if it arises just increased. "So what would the idea be if we do come across him? Hope you can knock off the mask he has on and slam on that one?" he asked the badger as went over the dead for Arx Destortes, making mental notes of their names for later. Their burial would have to be quick if they want to move soon, another thing he would have to get used to in a rebel army now.

#295 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

"Fighting him is pointless....YOu, nor i would survive combat with him."

He sighs sadly and shakes his head.

"im going to have to use sweets..Or wait until his body passesw out from exhaustion/"

cainsig11.jpg

#296 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

"So it would have to be through attrition or candies. Why am I not surprised?" Aberga sighed. Looking at the little memorial that Smash had made for a few moments, he looked back at smash. "We should get back and help getting everything ready to move, I doubt there's much else here for us now." Aberga said before turning towards the facility and headed back to the rest of his company, ready to check on the debugging situation on the guns given to them and the packing up.

#297 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

your men are jarred after that battle....The boys power rattled them..YOu should give them some more time."

He hurls the last body to the memorial and walks up to abrega.

"You have themworking pretty hard...WHy not go talk to your commanders, i am sure they are in need of some strength."

cainsig11.jpg

#298 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

"Heh, sounds like you've been hanging around Solgin long enough." Aberga laughed a little. Smash was right though, the experience with the boy's powers was jarring for him, something that wasn't suppose to feel things like that on a battlefield, while still being a fear of negativly affecting his troops despite what Cain would have thought. And he saw how a couple of them even attacked Burias and Cain, something he would have to question them about, perhaps it was their own past demons...like Hefner. "Let's go then, I'll get on the comms and gather them. Would probably like some closure right about now after all this." he said as he flipped on the comms pinned to his coat, giving brief instructions to his six commanders to meet in the facilities interior for an improptune meeting.

#299 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

smash nods as he follows, listening to you intently.

"I look forward to meeting them.."

(introduce the commanders and their names."

cainsig11.jpg

#300 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

After sending the command out for the officers to meet up and get debriefed, they gathered around on one side of the command Anaconda Tank as they usually would when in a field operation and structures haven't been emplaced yet, each of them speaking with one another about one thing or another over today's events. Chiefly about the spectacle that was Cain's son and the shadow things. Aberga stood in the center with is back towards the tank, everyone able to see him due to his stature alone. "Alright everyone." Aberga said to get everyone's attention. "I'm sure you all know Smash by now, our recent addition to our merry little company, but I think it's time for him to meet all of you. Then, I want to discuss about what we saw today." He outlined their debriefing for them. He started off introductions now, pointing at Tina first, the blonde five foot woman in black that stood with four other black clad soldiers.

"Lieutenant Tina Valentine, squad leader of the Ghosts of Trinity and second in command of Arx Destortes." she said with a quick salute, Smash already met her before just with how much she hanged out with Aberga.Then the ghosts themselves stepped up and introduced themselves. "Alan Polen, squad marksman, just call me Raven, even though I'm a god damn crow..." The crow varghen spoke serious at first before sighing near the end, his recon uniform and scoped rifle matching his profession. A large man in heavy plated armor with an almost equally large gun stepped forward. "Krik Bundy, Crusher, heavy weapons operator. Nice to meet ya buddy." he spoke through the comm grill of his armor, a thick southern drawl to his voice. "Reiss Dieter, Soldat." Spoke the next soldier, his tone and gesture almost emotionless and proffesional, his nickname his life's profession, even with the german accent laid heavy in his voice. The final Ghost stepped up, a thresher shark vargen whose armor also incorperated some sort of water respirator for him. "Varian Jasaw. Go by thrash too, whichever you want man, I just handle the boom." he said in a laid back attitude, a smile evident under his system.

The next to speak wore armor of a familiar fashion of Krik's, a form of power armor with armatures going over his shoulders and wrist mounted devices. "Dr. Harlen Volter, head of Arx Destortes' medical corps. My knowledge extends to human, ghoul, and varghen. So if you need a leg reattached, I'm sure I could be of help." He said in an old gravelly voice, a face with a grey stubbly beard and a mop of silver hair, his helm under the crook of his arm.

"Dr. Krampfraun Crane, I'm in charge of our biological arms department. Please to meet your aquaintence. If you catch a sniffle, I assure you its' not my fault. And that both me and Doctor Volter can cure it anyways" The man explains himself with a chuckle, his voice having an odd chortle to it, wearing heavy dark clothing that covered every inch of his person, a gasmask and odd saucer like hat completing the ensemble with vials of glowing substances attached to his belt.

A man with red robes spoke up, his voice coming from speakers located somewhere under the mechanical construct that was his head, his robes hiding the rest of his machine body, as blue glowing optics focused on Smash. "Greetings Badger varghen Smash, I am logistical Master and Head Engineer Vraks Sillenum of the holy Ferrous Antomnica order, in charge of supplying, repairing, and creating the scared machines of Arx Destortes company." his robotic voice giving a good impression of religious zeal when it came to his duty apparent.

Solgin was next, even though having meet smash already it was just a formal thing to do it, his presence the most important after the things that had transpired earlier today. "Solgin Nightseeker, Company Chaplain might be the most fitting title I suppose." the old fruit bad varghen mused with a chuckle. "While Doctor Volter and Crane take care of the soldiers bodies, I aid their minds and souls." he explained his role in the company, not mentioning it was also to watch over Aberga's morale for Thrask. 

The next man didn't even really wait, having his usual youthful energy about him. "Tank Commander Jonas Hammerlock at your call sir! I lead the charge for the good ol python tanks for Colonel Aberga, bit of an Ace if I do say so myself." he said with a radient smile behind the smug self brag. "Now sir if you don't mind.....but what the bloody hell happened earlier with the whole shadow business earlier with the kid?" Jonas so eloquently asked, causing Aberga to sigh.

"That is what we came to speak of. As you all might have guessed, Cain's son Jacob is a psionic, I still don't precisly know what that means after that but I don't think Cain knows either." Aberga said as he leaned back against the tank, a sign that this part of the briefing would be more lax and open for them. "Those were not just shadows, those were in fact deceased people brought back by the boy to fight." he explained, causing most of them to share faces of disbelief except for Solgin and Tina, who knew better.

"Sir, you don't suppose you took a 'ard knock on the head while taking that railgun tank?" Jonas asked as bit of a joke and a hope for a chance of denial.

"Negative, I know because I had a visit from Hefner." He told him flatly, shocking everyone. They all knew of the cruelty of that tank commander, and were relieved when he met his grisly demise. 

"I uh...retract my question sir." Jonas said, rather shaken up by that. He had too many close encounters with Hefner and his tactics.

This time Vraks spoke up. "Still, acquiring said railgun tank is a great boon Colone Aberga Nocturne, even if it is of Chinese quality. Our own ho siht branch had never allowed much funds into Tank research and development, so perhaps I will be able to replicate the technology and use it to possibly upgrade our own arsenal." He summarised, seemingly excited and hopeful at the prospect.

"I'm more worried about how my men and women are after seeing dead men walk and kill. They weren't ghouls, those things were nightmares and I want to know how how morale is. Solgin, Dr. Volter, Tina, what have you heard.?" he asked the three most likely people who already gauged the troop's morale.

"Many are shaken for many still remember old Hefner, but some thought they saw other faces they recognized. But we were lucky none of the spirits had problems with anyone of our company, other than you scaled one." Solgin chuckled somewhat. "I explained to them how the spirits worked and what they were, telling them they had no reason to fear as the boy had control over them. They will speak with me for some time, I know this easily enough, give them time Colonel." he finished his won opinion on the situation.

"Like batman said, not like anyone here came across a psionic before, hell I doubt most of them know what that even means Glowstick." Tina said as she lit a cig, taking a drag before speaking again. "Some spoke with bats, others just getting over it, seeing it just another power like fire boy's or Cain's fancy metal work. I'll keep an eye on them, that shit was fucking weird if you ask me." she shrugged. "Oh, and you were right, that was more like the Fog than Dawn of the dead, Zombies aren't possesed by pissed off spirits or whatever." Tina grinned.

It was Doctor Volter's turn to speak. "Some soldiers came to me believing they were suffering continous hallucinations after seeing the boy's mutagen work. Some testing and talking I believe these are more tricks of the mind and only require some time and mental therapy for those affected. If need be I know of a perscription I can give that reduces the effects of night terror episodes I believe might be effective if it persists." He suggested, getting a nod of approval from Aberga.

"Alright, seems like things are more under control than I thought, now from what I can tell our next move will be..."Before aberga could continue a lighting bolt crashed against the ground in the Rebellion's camp, one that looked all too familiar. "Aw.....frack." Aberga growled, knowing what that meant. "I probably have to go see what this is, everyone back to your duties for now. I'll probably have Tina fill you all in later." he said as he started walking toward the point of impact.

"Just don't get shocked to death by the Lightning lady Glowstick, I like having ya around ya know?" Tina called out to him, her way of telling him to stay safe, getting a wave of acknowledgement as Aberga walked away.

Change Theme!