138 replies to this topic

#21 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

Captain of the 7th, Master of the Gate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

"Blades Sir I prefer they know who bested them when there lights go out" Speaks Thrall an almost unnoticeable smile creeping across his face

Posted Image

#22 Veteran Sergeant Baek

Veteran Sergeant Baek

Noise Marine, Sergeant of Storm Claw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Garrus' face took a thoughtful tone for a short while before quietly but confidently announcing "Blades. A power sword would be good if you have one.."

Concious to improve on a poor start, Garrus willed himself into a more focussed mindset. Chastising himself for poor performance had become rather a pastime for the young recruit in recent years..

Spoiler

blah blah blah I'm a giant penguin in a space marine suit. No one will notice if I keep my helmet on!

#23 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

"So the blade first is it?" Demtrius says. "All right you lot. Follow me." Following the sergeant he leads the recruits into a large open area with a weapon rack nearby. Going over to the rack he proceeds to pull out blades, they look much like chainswords at first glance. In turn he passes one to each of the recruits, and upon closer inspection you notice that their blades have been removed.

"No use letting you scrubs get yourselves killed early, plenty of time for that later." Demetrius says with a laugh. "Okay pair off in twos: Marik and Garrus, Damon and Remiel, Thrall and Kilof. First to three hits will wins their match. Impress me!" He orders.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#24 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Taking a offensive stance Remiel spins the blade in a figue of eight. The blade spins in his hand switching from one hand to two and back . Knowing his opponent would fight with a cold calculating quality waiting for his opeing Remiel knew he would have to fient and get Damon to expose a *CENSORED* in his defence. Gripping his blade two handed out infront of him tip aiming up slightly towards Damon's head. A stumble or a fient to the head might cause him to go off balance. "Ready when you are brother" Remiel said preparing for a tough fight.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#25 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Marik grips his blade loosely letting it's own weight control it's swing. He stares down Garrus' stance and remains fluid in his approach, shifting his stance every moment or so. Taking deep breaths he begins his attack with quick strikes with the intent of wearing down defense rather than outright slashes
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#26 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Wielding his blade in his left hand, holding it tight not flashing it around. "Lets do this Thrall!" roared Kilof. Thinking to himself 'Lets hope I can overpower him on the first strike. Rush in and throw him off balance get within arms reach of him. Then pound away.' Feeling unsure of his skills, a grim smile comes across his face. 'Just force him into the defensive. Finish this as fast as possible.' Gripping the blade tight he got in an offensive stance ready for the first round.

#27 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

As Damon pick up the blade and approached the area where he had to fight Remiel, he needed a plan. Remiel had sounded confident when he wanted to fight with a blade, so Damon had to be cautious.

when Remiel had made that fancy entrance Damon had thought he was not going to take this fight seriously but when he rested into a offense stance it seemed like he was going to start the fight.

Having no choice am going to have to attack first to catch him off guard and evaluate his skill and strength then quickly go on the defense to see if he'll stumble. Like my brother always says a good offense is a strong defense

"alright brother am ready when ever when you are" said Damon as he ready himself and prepared to start his plan as he then gripped his blade two handed ready for what was to come

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#28 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Taking the Blunted sword Thrall tested it in his hand slow movements and cuts, Seeing the Determination in Kilof's face he prepared himself into an aggressive stance, "On your go Kilof" replied Trall

thinking to himself "Let him come Thrall let him try, wait for your open then make him pay for his folly", Remembering everything his father told him he grip the blade tght in 1 hand and made ready his fist.

Posted Image

#29 Veteran Sergeant Baek

Veteran Sergeant Baek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Marik grips his blade loosely letting it's own weight control it's swing. He stares down Garrus' stance and remains fluid in his approach, shifting his stance every moment or so. Taking deep breaths he begins his attack with quick strikes with the intent of wearing down defense rather than outright slashes

As the recruits file off, Garrus grabs his weapon and hurries over to Marik who is eagerly waiting this battle of wills..

Garrus feels the weight of the weapon not so perfectly balanced in his hands and thinks of his upcoming strategy. Speed always wins with bladed weapons.

Thinking to himself "This means that I need to keep light on my feet and counter-attack, counter-attack, counter-attack!"- Marik lunged in with a blistering maelstrom of strikes breaking Garrus' indulgent thoughts. His natural agility would be heavily tested in attempting to deflect the initial salvo of lethality, stress and determination written across his features..
blah blah blah I'm a giant penguin in a space marine suit. No one will notice if I keep my helmet on!

#30 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Spoiler

Damon charges in at Remiel sword slashing out, but Remiel deftly parries the blow and ripostes trying to exploit an opening. Damon deflects the strike with an expertly timed blow leaving Remiel wide open and striking him in the chest a solid palpable hit.

"Point, Damon" Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

Thrall and Kilof square off and Kilof charges in, blade held in both hands to try and overpower his opponent. Kilof's charging swing comes in, but Thrall is prepared for the attack, easily stepping around the blow and striking at Kilof's exposed left leg as the mightily swing blow streaks by.

"Point Thrall." Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

Garrus and Marik square off. With his greater speed Garrus strikes out halfheartedly to test out his opponent. Marik easily deflects the blow and strikes back swinging for Garrus' arm. In a surprising display of skill and speed Garrus strikes the blade from Marik's hand and then swings a blow connecting with his left arm.

"Point Garrus." Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

"Square off with your opponents, and go again. Remember, first to 3." Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#31 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Marik steps back to regain focus and plans his next move. He picks up his weapon and switches to a defensive stance rather than his previous fluid one. Reversing the direction he holds his blade, he hopes to force Garrus into a new style as well in order to counter his own.
"Your move...brother" Marik says in an eerie tone
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#32 Veteran Sergeant Baek

Veteran Sergeant Baek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

After receiving his first point, Garrus was filled with the fire of battle.. It took all of his will to calm his nerves. Vigour in the training ring was a trait that any sergeant would be proud of but over zealous thinking would only lead to downfall.

Garrus was suddenly filled with an urge to rush in and smash his opponent to the ground and given the earlier point any dogged recruit would! Garrus flew at Marik with the intention of delivering 3 progressivly harder blows at the head which marik may try to block if he chose to.

Garrus however, was never dogged in his approach to anything. The first 2 blows would be a feint, intended to bring out the tiring limb while the third was intended to look the same but in reality be aimed just slightly to one side and was to strike into the arm holding the weapon for an incapacitating blow..

#33 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Seeing the determination on Kilof's face showed thrall that the next point would be far more difficult,

Feeling lighter and more determined after his first point thrall moves into position knowing that the tact would not work again he decides to surprise his opponent, "come Kilof you need to catch up" playing, trying to goad his opponent into making a mistake,

as soon as Kilof is ready Thrall waits for the slightest twitch then lunges into action determined to put kilof down before he can react

Posted Image

#34 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

Kilof yells back "You got lucky!" Thinking to himself now is the time to wait for him, faint in for an attack then jump out and and throw Thrall off balance. Then make a quick strike for his exposed body. 'Stay foucsed, let him make the move after that, let him make the mistakes.'
Bringing his blade up he shakes his ready for the battle.

#35 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

As Damon returns to his spot he thinks about what to do next. Doing the same plan again wouldn't probably work so he need a new approach.

"I could try to get around him and attack him from his side's and if i do manage to get around him then i can go on the offense" thought Damon as he ready himself

"are you ready Remiel its time for round 2" said Damon as he then pointed the tip towards Remiel's head

"and all I'm gonna need is some fancy foot work and it can be done like my brother always said you always gotta be fast on your feet" thought Damon

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#36 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Having conceded a point a well of anger was rising in Remiel, cooling it off knowing it would not help he stepped up to the matt. Knowing Damon would almost be able to read his mind he decided for a fluid reaction style fight. When Damon comes in to attack he would try to roll wide sword arcing out and try to hit his exposed ribs. If that fails he would try to do some complex slashes using the figure eight using counter strikes.
"Ready" he announces softly.
Posted Image

#37 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler

Garrus switches up his tactic and rushes in at the waiting Marik. Marik calmly waits as Garrus' feint comes in, but in his haste Garrus just over extends himself on the initial feint, and Marik parries what has become a commited blow. The surprise is evident as Marik exploits Garrus' over extension and strikes a counter blow on Garrus' chest.

"Point Marik." Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

Kilof and Thrall square off staring each other down. Each daring the other to make the first move. As the seconds tick by Thrall breaks the stand off. He swings hard and fast, Kilof is caught unprepared by the strength of the sudden unslought and his defense proves to no effect against Thrall's strike as it collides with Kilof's chest.

"Second point Thrall." Demetrius announces.

Spoiler

Damon and Remiel square off for their second round. Damon and Remiel try and feel the other one out. Damon begins circling around as Remiel waits for the strike to come. Damon strikes with surprising swiftness avoiding Remiel's careful defense and putting his blade in Remiel's chest.

"Second point Damon." Demetrius calls out.

Spoiler

"Square off again. Kilof, Remiel step it up." Demetrius shouts.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#38 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

The rage building in his body radiated from him although his face stayed impassive. Squaring up again he decided he would rush and attack with all his speed seek to push Damon onto his back foot. Using his reflex to take care of any riposte that Damon would try.
Posted Image

#39 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Kilof's face flushed red with the rush of anger and blood, this battle is getting on his nerves. 'I'm tired of this, time to destroy him.' thinking to himself. 'Once the match is set I will break off imedatly rush him to his left and jump over him to land behind him and make him work for this one.' 'Nothing but a blow to the head here, I will not be held scoreless.'
Drawing his sword up he stares down Thrall "Ready" he says, in a deep growl.

#40 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Seeing the Anger on Kilof's face he knew that he was letting his rage get to him, Deciding to go full bore into him again as he will likely not expect it, "Dissarm him thrall he cant fight with no wepaon" deciding to use his anger against him thrall decides to rush him and once kilof swings use his momentum to knock the weapon clean away before he strikes.

Thrall turns to face Kilof with a ferral grinn "Ready".

Posted Image

Change Theme!