138 replies to this topic

#1 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I have dared venture out of the Threads of Fate. Inspired by Othrim's beginner RP I have considered running my own of a sort. I would only want non-Threads of Fate peeps. It would be bootcamp... literally. For the benefit of even veteran people I will even show how the numbers work in spoiler tags so perhaps people can get a grasp if the rules/system I am using. This will be VERY slow and brief, so not an adventure at all just getting your feet wet.

So anyone interested all I need is a PM with the name of your character. NOTHING else.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Okay the members involved in this will be Baek (Garrus Arcanum), DrakeMalice (Marik Baras), Phoenix (Thrall), Emperor (Damon Taradae), White (Kilof Thornstar), Librarian Remiel (Remiel).

In this the rule for participants will be after I post each person is allowed only 1 post, and each person will post before I post again. This is to keep everything paced for all participants regardless of time zone and RL circumstances. In every post I put there will be spoilers, these are either rolls or helpful prompts. The prompts are to aid those newer RPers with the RP format and flow, and the rolls are to enlighten everyone to the way dice play a factor in the other RPs where the numbers are completely hidden.

With that being said, let's get started....

The recruits have been summoned, carefully chosen from their various homeworlds, to begin the training to be considered worthy of the honor of becoming a Space Marine. As they stand clad in the fatigues issued them on arrival as they were hurriedly rushed through and into a large open area that looked like a warzone except that it was silent. As they stood waiting they heard heavy foot steps crunching on the ground.

"What a sorry lot." The massive figure clad in pristine yellow power armor said as he looked down at the 5 men before him, childlike in comparison. "You lot think you deserve to be Space Marines? Well we shall see." He began to pace back and forth in front of the recruits. His bare head was shaved and his eyes were dark above a stern jaw. "My name is Sergeant Demetrius. I will be the one responsible for molding you into a Space Marine. The training will be hard, but it will make you stronger. The training will be long, but it shall make you tireless. Some of you may not survive, but the strong shall carry on and earn your place among the Imperial Fists." Demetrius said as he stopped and faced them, hands clasped behind his back. "Right, let me see what I have to deal with."

So saying he produced a dataslate and proceeded to tap at it. "Roll call. Say your name loud, like you have a pair."

Spoiler

Posted Image

#3 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

"I am Damon Taradae" as he snapped his arm into a salute

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#4 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

"Kilof Thornestar. For the Emperor!!!" I yelled, pounding my chest!!

#5 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

Captain of the 7th, Master of the Gate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

"Thrall" Shouts the recruit, Flexing and tensing his muscles

Posted Image

#6 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

"Marik Baras, Loyal Servant of the Emperor!" said in a proud tone
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#7 Veteran Sergeant Baek

Veteran Sergeant Baek

Noise Marine, Sergeant of Storm Claw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

"Garrus Arcanum Sergeant!" He barked, with a clipped salute and apprehensive feelings in the forefront of his mind..
blah blah blah I'm a giant penguin in a space marine suit. No one will notice if I keep my helmet on!

#8 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

"Remiel" He spoke out softly inclining his head to each of the assembled marine's.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#9 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Demetrius takes a mental note of each recruit as they respond, checking them off on his slate and commiting their faces to memory.

"All right, sounds like some of you have a little fire in you." He starts, before his tone shifts back to hard and unforgiving. "But fire is not enough to save you. You will need guts and endurance to see you through the day. Time to see how tough you lot are." He leads the recruits from their muster to an obstacle course.

Each of you can see that the course consists of a narrow beam over a deep pit, after this is a low crawl space under barbed wire, followed by a long series of monkey bars, then a high wall with a rope, ending in a series of hurdles.

"All right, run the course. We shall see who has more than just fire in their heart." Demetrius says as he proceeds to the end of the course.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#10 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Marik looks ahead at the course with much observance and decides that perfection in execution outweighs speed. He readies himself and starts off with a decent pace...
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#11 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

Captain of the 7th, Master of the Gate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thrall takes in the course knowing that the monkey bars and rope should be easy for someone with his size and build, and decides to get through the first 2 with caution then make up time on the bars and rope.

As he starts he wisperes to himself "First or nothing Thrall FIRST OR NOTHING"

Posted Image

#12 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Remiel observes Thrall and Marik taking the course, trying to discern what would be the best way to handle it. With information gathered and processed he begins off following in Marik's footsteps for the first and second obstacles while changing into Thralls movements for the final set.
Posted Image

#13 Veteran Sergeant Baek

Veteran Sergeant Baek

Noise Marine, Sergeant of Storm Claw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

After a short observance of the course ahead taking mind of the first recruits, Garrus starts the course at a good, fast pace relying on his natural skills of agility and quick thinking.

Not being the tallest or strongest of recruits, Garrus has grown used to working with speed, vigour and doing a task well rather than concerning himself the competition..

The crawl underwire and hurdles should suit Recruit Arcanum just fine...
blah blah blah I'm a giant penguin in a space marine suit. No one will notice if I keep my helmet on!

#14 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

As Damon being the second to last observed the course before him and the rest of the recuits. The pit and barbed wire will require caution and slow pace but at the bars he could quicken his pace and be in even with the completion. As Damon always remembered from his brother the slow and steady always won in the end.

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.

#15 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Kilof looks the course down, not thinking much about it he begins as fast as possible rushing to first. He is hard headed and not very agile, but his vigor and determination can go a long way. As he starts he thinks to himself " I would rather use my strength rather than finesse." "No matter what I will continue, I want this more than anything." He charges off screaming "For the Emperor!"

#16 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

Spoiler

Marik rushes onto the course taking the beam in stride dancing along its length easily keeping his balance, before coming down on the other side ready for the next. Diving into the barbed wire crawl he sets off at a steady pace but snags on some of the barbed wire slowing him down slightly as he rips himself free. Not letting the barbed wire get the better of his mood he jogs up and onto the monkey bars, moving along easily while keeping his pace steady and breathing controlled as he paces out the events. Upon reaching the wall he has no problem making his way up and over the wall. Striding into the hurdle Marik takes them one at a time, but the last one catches him up causing a slight stumble, but he keeps his feet as he finishes.

Spoiler

Thrall rushes on his large frame propelling him forward. He carefully balances on the beam letting caution take precedence and makes it across with ease. Moving onto the barbed wire maintaining his slow pace to support the later burst, but his large frame makes his progress difficult and he inches along, pricking himself on the razorwire and slicing open his bicep, leaving a bleeding wound as he gets finally clears the obstacle and races on. Thrall doesn't let the wound slow him down as he gets to the monkey bars and takes them 2 at a time swinging along with incredible speed, easily clearing the obstacle. The injury catches up to him though on the rope as he lets speed get the better of him and he barely slips part way up, but catches himself and progresses upwards and over the wall. His legs do not hold the same injury and Thrall powers on over the hurdles, rushing on to the finish.

Spoiler

After watching the other two Remiel takes off willing himself to match Marik's balance on the beam. He crosses the beam, steady the entire way making it look easy. Having watched Marik and Thrall struggle with the barbed wire Remiel slithers along the ground as close as possible avoiding the deadly wire, and makes decent time, before coming out to the monkey bars in a run. He hits the bars hard trying to mimic Thrall's quick and easy movements, but he just doesn't have the same reach and struggles to match the other man's pace. His observance of the wall proves fruitful as he carefully places hands and feet climbing up and over the wall. The hurdles prove a challenge, and Remiel knocks a few of them over, but manages to reach the end.

Spoiler

Garrus slowly builds up speed ignoring the competition and instead aiming to do well. He gets up on the balance beam, but finds it slicker than he expected making him wobble, but managing to keep his balance before clearing its length and moving on. Garrus' nimble frame expertly navigates the barbed wire sliding under it like a ghost and coming up on the other side. Hitting the monkey bars he finds little trouble in navigating them, making sure to take each bar in turn. Finally he approaches the wall and focusing still in taking it one step at a time makes it up and over the obstacle. As he charges into the hurdles Garrus starts strong, but on the last hurdle nicks the top and comes down in a heap, slamming into the ground before picking himself up to cross the finish.

Spoiler

Damon takes off confident in his observations of the others and his pacing to see him through with good time. Jumping onto the balance beam he dances his way across, coming down lightly and making for the barbed wire, focusing on the task ahead. He dives under the barbs and keeps his head low navigating past the wire, heedful of how close it is. Making his way to the monky bars he begins to find a bit more of his swing as he moves down the monkey bars, finding a rythm. Finally he approaches the wall and getting a good grip with his hands scales up and over the wall without difficulty. Hitting the hurdles he takes each one in turn making his way over them without trouble.

Spoiler

Kilof takes off at great speed, determined to get first. His speed gets the better of him though and on the beam he slips, hitting the beam and landing on the ground. Getting up sore he presses on towards the barbed wire to make up time. Kilof slides under the wire and tries to speed along the ground, but the barbs nip and snag at his uniform and slow him down. Getting up from the ground he charges the monkey bars, fire still in him to push on forward and succeed. His determination holds strong and he moves quickly along the monkey bars making up valuable time. Finally he comes up to the wall and just keep on going, scaling the wall without even needing the use of his feet. Landing on the other side he charges the hurdles, the fire strong in his heart and skips over them with visible ease to come to the finish.

Spoiler

Demetrius nods looking at the results. "Bit rough around the edges, but it looks like I cam make something of you." He pulls out his datapad and reads, "Here are your names in order of times from fastest to slowest: Damon, Remiel, Kilof, Marik with a tie for Garrus and Thrall." He puts the pad away. "Time to see what you can do with weapon, I will even let you choose." He smiles to the recruits as they catch their breath. "Train with blade or gun?"

Spoiler

Posted Image

#17 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

"Heavy Bolter!" barked Kilof, "No reason to let the target close." Then while thinking to himself confident in his skills from long distance, and a patience to wait for the right moment to fire. "But if we must then I would use a chainaxe. I'm not one for finesse."
Cringing and thinking that his hand to hand skills are alright. But not confident in his speed. 'My strength is great, but it will only take me so far in hand to hand combat.' while thinking to himself still. 'But my real strength is in hammering an enemy with a heavy rate of fire, while still being accurate. And supporting my Brothers is what I am best at.'

"No matter the decision I will give my all for the Imperium." while holding his head high ready for the next challenge.

#18 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

"A Simple Bolter will suffice Sir!" Marik says with an obedient tone

#19 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:09 AM

"sir i wish to learn with a blade" said Damon as he stared forward and ahead ready to take on next task that was to given to them

#20 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

"blades for me, nothing better then fighting toe to toe with an enemy" Remiel says ready to show his true worth, just itching to show off his skills.
Posted Image

Change Theme!