58 replies to this topic

#1 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

This exert is straight from the Offical Dark Angels Codex: Dark Angels Codex by- Jervis Johnson and Andy Hoare Pg. 20

As the space marine legions pushed forward the frontiers of the Imperium. Each Primarch strove to excel in the eyes of the Emperor and none more so then the bombastic Leman Russ Primarch of the Space Wolves. Only Horus and Lion El'Jonson could claim more victories then Russ, and this was a constant frustration to him.

I don't see anything about the Ultramarines lol, so to all you smurf fans and wolf fans out there who look down on the Dark Angels for whatever trivial reasons, eat some of that cake! ;)

Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Provided you overlook that whole losing a fair portion of his Legion to Chaos leanings. Smurfs and Wolves didn't have that problem.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

LOL provided that your ENTIRE Night Lords fell to chaos, where would be your room to judge?
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#4 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Umm... you were comparing Ultramarines and Space Wolves with Dark Angels. I compared back. I do not see how you pointing the faults of a 4th Legion have any bearing on the points made on the previous three.

Posted Image

#5 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Reguardless, this post is pertaining to the time when ALL Legions/Primarch were understood as Loyal and assumes that it would stay that way.  
Apologies, lol I defend the Honor of the Dark Angels intensely :)

#6 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

And that's fine Dern but when you're talking about three of the leigons, talk about them don't throw in others just because.

#7 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

From Lexicanum -

With the exception of the Luna Wolves, no Legion conquered as many worlds, or conquered worlds as fast, or left conquered worlds in such good state during the Great Crusade, as the Ultramarines. Whenever Guilliman liberated a world, he would not move on until he had set up a self-sufficient defense system, and left advisors behind to create industry, set up trade routes with the rest of the Imperium, and form a government whose first concern would always be the well-being of the people.

http://wh40k.lexican...boute_Guilliman

Also I believe from reading the HH series the Lion was one of the later Primarchs to be found and thus strove to catch up with Guilliman and Horus. And Nox I believe the 4th legion was the Iron Warriors, I assume you ment the 13th or 6th, Ultra and Wolves respectfully.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#8 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Lexicanium isn't a viable source on 40k lore as much as people think it is. Please provide a legitimate source that has been published, and backed by Games workshop or from the offical Black Library.

#9 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

The Great Crusade

With the exception of the Luna Wolves, no Legion conquered as many worlds, or conquered worlds as fast, or left conquered worlds in such good state during the Great Crusade, as the Ultramarines. Whenever Guilliman liberated a world, he would not move on until he had set up a self-sufficient defense system, and left advisors behind to create industry, set up trade routes with the rest of the Imperium, and form a government whose first concern would always be the well-being of the people[1b].

And if you follow that 1b to the source it is directly taken from, the Space Marine's Codex, page 13.

Posted Image

#10 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

And even if the Lion was found later then Guilliman, that would make his accomplishments much more lauded, to be the under dog in the Great Crusade.

#11 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

MFW it's a real reference.

Posted Image

#12 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Though I find this odd.....I dont believe anyone talked bad about the Lion....Though now that you bring it up.....

He did have the whole problem with being able to read people, thus why he gave away the massive cannon to Perturabo that helped tear down the fortifications that Dorn built on Terra.

Beat ya NOX!!!! 

Lexicanium isn't a viable source on 40k lore as much as people think it is. Please provide a legitimate source that has been published, and backed by Games workshop or from the offical Black Library.

If you check it its taken from the SM:CODEX. How is it not viable? All new info is checked for source material.......

Posted Image

#13 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Posted Image

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#14 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

#15 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Really guys? Flame war.......how about a simple debate?

Posted Image

#16 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Really guys? Flame war.......how about a simple debate?

This, keep it civil.

EDIT: And on topic.

#17 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Can we keep on topic of discussion pls!?
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#18 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

MFW it's a real reference.

Posted Image

link me?

#19 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

The Great Crusade

With the exception of the Luna Wolves, no Legion conquered as many worlds, or conquered worlds as fast, or left conquered worlds in such good state during the Great Crusade, as the Ultramarines. Whenever Guilliman liberated a world, he would not move on until he had set up a self-sufficient defense system, and left advisors behind to create industry, set up trade routes with the rest of the Imperium, and form a government whose first concern would always be the well-being of the people[1b].

And if you follow that 1b to the source it is directly taken from, the Space Marine's Codex, page 13.

This right here.

#20 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

I had a really nice post typed out and it was erased off my screen some how ;(....

Anyway lol, however you look at it-- NONE of the Primarchs were perfect and they ALL had, shall we say, defects? Granted they were all super men, each had their own issues that were never discussed, save for in private with the Emperor alone. There are a few things that erk me a lil as I am sure each of you have your preferred Primarch, you may feel the same way similarly.

The Lion was very secretive and distrustful of everyone by nature. To lead you do not have to read people more so then drive them to victory.

Not being able to read an unreadable primarch, lol, is hardly an issue. The Lion considered Perturabo a Loyal brother as he was supposedly on his way to smite Horus. He betrayed the Lion. Dorn couldn't read that Garo was telling the truth about the betrayal of horus, so take your pick.

Change Theme!