289 svar till detta ämne

#1 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 03:37

Team Beta is starting because of the surprising amount of interest in the Deathwatch RP, so I am opening a second team for a separate story arc so that everyone can be part of the adventure.

This RP will be using a modified version of the Deathwatch Rules, but worry not you don't need to have these rules or even be familiar with them. I will monitor all of the number crunching mayhem on my end, the only contribution that the players need to provide is description. The greater you describe something and allow it to take form, the better.

This will still follow the concept that exists in Othrim's RP, that of You describe an action, but the result is entirely out of your hands, it is in mine. Now understand this is only for relevant actions. If you wish to walk across a bridge, or clean your gun. You are pretty safe in finishing your action on your own. However if you look around a corner, I control what you see. If you attack something, I control what happens. Really, use common sense in determining if you really have the ability to decide the outcome or if you must defer to the GM (me).

This RP will be slow and steady to facilitate everyone. So there is to be no post-a-thons of stuff when other people are not present. If a conversation is going on, by all means carry it out, but if your conversation leaves somebody out STOP and continue it later when they have a chance to respond and be involved. We want this to be fun for everyone, so take that into consideration. As moderator I will lock the thread when I feel it should take a hiatus and let you all stew over what you will do next.

Any OOC chatter is to be in spoilers [ spoiler] text [/ spoiler]. Please try not to abuse these. OOC chatter is often necessary, but if we can avoid pages of (spoiler) that would be great. Additionally, don't feel you have to be completely open with your team. If you want to send a private vox message to somebody PM them, just be sure to copy the PMs to me as well so I know what you are saying. Also if you are alone and want to be sneaky, you can send your actions via PM to me and I will take them into account and nobody will be aware of your sneaking.

That being said, if you wish to take part (and are an approved member of the group) I will require several things PM'd.

Character Name -
Chapter -
Class -
*Classes are [Tactical, Assault, Apothecary, Devestator, Librarian, Techmarine]
Wargear -
Description/Backstory -

Now Wargear and Description/Backstory are two special bits. Backstory does not mean write an entire story, however the more detailed the better. Your backstory should be an example of your Marine and what makes him who he is.

Like if I did one for my Wolf Priest in Othrim's Deathwatch I'd write something like this.

(eg. Fafnir, Wolf Priest of the Space Wolves is a massive Space Marine, larger than many of his brethren. He is a strong and stoic Marine that holds closely to the old ways of Chapter, and lets his faith guide him with unnerring certainty. Many years has he survived amidst the ranks of the Wolves of Russ, and earned the grudging respect of his peers through tenacity and a sheer stubbornness that seems to cheat death itself. His white hair and long fangs mark him as a senior member. Often on missions prior to joining the Deathwatch he was selected to lead for his charisma, experience, and skills at close combat and stealth. He was selected for the Deathwatch after proving his valor and tactics while facing an Ork incursion on one of the planets in the outer reaches. While often a grim figure, Fafnir is prone to bits of dark humor that outsiders to the Space Wolves may find unsettling. His crozius, Wolf Pendant and Fang of Malokai were granted him with his position as Wolf Priest of the Great Company of Harald Deathwolf. While his lightning Claw w/bolter was a gift from the Wolf Lord, commisioned to honor the great accomplishments the Wolf Priest had done for the Chapter's honors over the years.)

As you can see the description states everything about the character, and the wargear as well as justifying WHY he has the gear that he has. Remember the more detail and effort you put into something the more it will be seen favorably by the RP gods.

Also notice the classes are Tactical, Assault, Devestator, Techmarine, Apothecary, and Librarian. There is no Chaplain (sorry following the book) and none of those are Terminators either. Regular marines, the lot of them. Arm accordingly, outrageous requests will be laughed at.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 04:15

You have been summoned by your Watch Captain to meet with Rogue Trader Lan. He has arranged for the meeting to take place on a platform overlooking one of the keeps many practice ranges. This particular range is designed for arctic combat training, the sound of live fire excersises waft up through the cold air as you approach. As you arrive it appears that the Rogue Trader has been waiting, and for some time. His heavy cruxermine cloak is bound tightly around his thin frame, ice has begun to form on the tips of his hair, while behind him the artificial winds of the training ground whip everything into a fogged field of white.

Lan straightens as you step onto the riveted metal platform, pulling his cloak tighter about him.

"Thank you for seeing me. I would offer you a seat or a draft of amasec, but I find myself a bit ah - short staffed at the moment. Not to question your hospitality of course." A salvo of melta charges booms behind him, momentarily illuminating the snow field. The Rogue Trader begins to pace.

"My humblest apologies if you have already heard something of our plight. I will be frank with you. The Lord Militant believes that some kind of alien creature has descended upon Aurum. I'm sure venerable warriors such as yourselves will be more than a match for it. However, the truth that the Crusade needs your help in another matter on that planet - possibly one that only you can address. Aurum is a valuable world, and its people did not turn to dark powers during the Age of Shadow."

"However they have proved remarkably resistant to negotiation. Their leader, a devil of a warrior who calls himself Rylus Darkscourge, won't permit any sizable Imperial detachments to land, nor will he allow our people to stray beyond their capital city. Some over-zealous prospectors tried to stray beyond these edicts once, and their deaths nearly shattered our fragile peace. The Auruns are a proud people and the truth is I think they're not impressed by us. We could pacify the world, but the last thing we need is one more population held by force instead of faith." Behind him, the black outlines of the drilling Kill-team appear like shadows in the man-made blizzard. He watches their perfectly coordinated movements for a moment before turning back. "You may find this ironic, but the Adeptus Astartes might be our last chance for peace on Aurun."

Posted Image

#3 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 125 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 05:31

The raptor marine was watching the practices range, watching as the kill team below fire their shots and miss. "I dont know how can they miss" he tought.

he turn his attention to the rogue trader. "Let us deal with the xeno first, then we shall deal with the population, what is the creature last know location and what intel can you give us about the xeno?

Posted Image

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 05:38

"What creatures have landed on this planet?"Jurgen Tarrus inquired in his metallic monotone voice.

Sent from the Realm of Madness

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 06:14

He fidgets with his heavy cloak. "I do not know what xenos it would be. It is merely the best conclusion we have managed to come to to explain the muders on Aurun." He says. "Since the Imperium has been unable to survey beyond the Haistand, some sort of xenos could easily occupy other regions of the planet. Perhaps the Aurans even know. I shudder to think that they may be in thrall to some alien presence we know nothing about. It could be why they are so insistent not to let us go beyond the single city. Whatever is behind this, I'd say there is more than the Imperium bargained for on Aurun."

Posted Image

#6 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 125 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 06:32

"since the aureans didnt fell to chaos, i assume the have a religion or belief, why the dont accept imperial forces in the planet. what else can you tell us about the situation" ask Hannibal to the rogue trader

Posted Image

#7 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 06:42

"The locals have their own beliefs, but they are not very divergent from Imperial Doctrine. We quickly established on first contact the Imperial roots of the population. However it took a great deal of bargaining to be able to set up diplomatic headway on the planet. We have been permitted to set up a delegation in Haistand, but have been prevented from travelling to areas outside of the city. The murders are turning this tenuous understanding into a possible powder keg." He tells you.

"The last murder was Sister Rachayel, a member of the Adeptus Soriritas, a Hospitaller." Lan goes on to say. "Her body was found in the Mission, with her own dagger through her chest. The locals were eager to call it a suicide due to a weak spirit. She may not have been a Sister of Battle, but no loyal member of her order would throw away her life. And the others, it is hard to be certain of the number as the Auruns seem to be concealing them from us. The few bodies we've seen were meticulously stripped of everything: flesh, skin, blood. Some had deep grooves in the ribcage and arms, as though something had cleaved through to the bone itself."

Posted Image

#8 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 07:30

The Iron hands techmarine kept his silence for a moment. His rage building up upon hearing the acts commited against the imperium. He shifted his mass to face the rogue trader. The unblinking gaze of his bionic eyes peering over the armoured collar of his errant suit. "You wish fo us to appease these.....people?" He asked, fury hinted in his voice.
Sent from the Realm of Madness

#9 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 07:33

"As lost members of man it is our duty to bring them into the embrace of the Emperor and the Imperium of mankind. We must find what is the cause of the murders, no doubt it is also what is responsible for the reticence of the population, and so by discovering what is being hidden from us you might be able to bring them peaceably into the Imperium." He explains.

Posted Image

#10 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 07:44

Davian listens to the conversation around him then responds "brothers, the trader is right, as warriors of the imperium we cant ignore that they may still be loyal, anyone can come back to the light of the imperium. "are their any witnesses or descriptions of the alien that we could use as a lead Trader?"

Fallen Emperor's Champion J NOSK36
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#11 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 07:51

"No, Lord Davius. The local population has been very unhelpful in the matter of discerning what is responsible, but we believe that it is an outside force. That is why we want you to go down to the surface and discover what is causing this, and put a stop to it. You ought to be able to venture past the sanctions put against us exploring beyond Haistand. Whether it be by diplomatic means or no." He says the last bit leaving it hanging in the air.

Posted Image

#12 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 08:28

"Very well,I have no further questions"
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#13 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 09:00

"Those who are weak enough to fall from the Emperor's guidence desevre to be punished or expunged, not tolerated." He said bluntly. The two massive servo arms hanging above him snapped closed, as if two emphasis his thoughts. "But any xeno's who have dare touch imperial soil will be dealt with."

#14 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 125 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 09:18

Hannibal watch as the tech marine and the templar talk to the rogue trader, when they finish he open his mouth once again so his words could reach the Rogue trader. "If there is a xeno on this planet, we will kill it, but understand that if the population does not wish to cooperate or in someway were involve with the xeno, punish will be serve. in the raptor chapter we do everything to fufill our duty, even is a action without honor, for war is fill with horrors and we raptors do what is necessary no matter how awful it is"

Posted Image

#15 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 10:01

"be careful Raptor...the night lords thought that way and look where they are now" says Davian as he finishes inspecting his bolter.
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#16 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 10:36

The Blood Angel assault marine had been stepped forward to show his presence from the shadowed corner he had been occupying. 'I agree with Hannibal, we should deal with this issue with as much haste as possible. A swift death is all that we can offer them now'. He took his helmet from under his arm and placed it open his head.
Postad bild

#17 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 10:46

"So you will investigate, and root out whatever foul xenos are warping the good sense of a potential strength to the Imperium? Excellent, I knew you would understand and be our champions in this shadowy hour. I have been asked to arrange transport to Aurun, and as such offer you passage aboard my own vessel Horizon's Pride. The trip will take some time, but I trust the ship's accommodations should be satisfactory." He bows his head. "I am grateful for your aid on this master Astartes." With that he makes his way off of the platform.

Posted Image

#18 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 125 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 10:47

Hannibal turn his eyes to the blood angel "I dont believe that we should turn to that solution, we should try a better way, one that not requiered bloodshed, lets deal with the xeno and then we should talk wih the leader of the population" hannibal turn his eys to the templar, his eyes were fill with fury "Do not question my faith and loyalty to the Emperor and the Imperium templar, for we have prove our loyalty many times, even when everyone thought of us wrong"

Posted Image

#19 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 10:52

"I do not doubt the your mantle brother, your courage and pride shall not go unrewarded. the codex astartes is a guideline, how we interpret them, that is what makes a space marine great". Says davius as he looks at the templar cross that makes up the hilt of his powersword.
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#20 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 29 februari 2012 - 11:51

'Easy brothers we are not here to fight between ourselves' Brother Crowthor slowly retreated a few steps away taking a split stance.
Postad bild

Change Theme!