43 replies to this topic

#21 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well if thats the case then maybe there should be some kind of court system (for lack of a better word) that can try and find a peacefull sollution that way both sides get a chance to represent themselves in a respectfull manner instead of resorting to petty bullshit. Just a thought ;)

There is, its called leaders talking to each other instead of smashing eachother with Thunder Hammers. :P

And under extreme circumstances where that isnt an option the Council of Shadows (all leaders and XO's) would talk about it. And under EXTREMELY rare circumstances it would be the Inner Council (An equal group of staff and community members) 

The flame war did start from the first thread, but stemmed off in a completely different direction from the original post in the thread. The second thread was created not to kindle the flame war, but to respond to the original accusations of spawn camping provided originally in the first thread. Locking it was fine an dandy, because you didn't want another flame war to develop. However, both threads were immediately deleted (removed from public view), where everyone was able to see that first spawn camping accusation thread (something like 800 views) but virtually no one saw the defense (<100 views?). This is why additional threads were created. They shouldn't have been made, and instead the mods should have been contacted privately about it so that no more issues would stem from this.

The first thread didn't start out as an allegation, it was only when Angron started arguing and annoying the OP and the DA started acting defensive as if there was an allegation did it devolve into a shit storm, and certain people from several factions really didn't help except to add fuel to it. And the mods have said that they really should of closed that thread sooner and apologised for not being there to do so.

This isn't bias that staff don't want the DA to defend themselves, its that they want the arguments to stop when they say without another offensive word out of any side. As is there job as is the case of all websites.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#22 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

The first thread didn't start out as an allegation

This is the last thing I post on this, but how is a video implicating a DA member of spawn camping not an allegation?

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#23 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

The first thread didn't start out as an allegation

This is the last thing I post on this, but how is a video implicating a DA member of spawn camping not an allegation?

The thread was talking about how to deal with people spawn camping. That it was a DA member and a random Salamander was a coincidence, one that led to you being paranoid to think it was an allegation. It only turned into one after it devolved into a flame war.

If the video was titles "Dark Angels are a bunch of spawn camping *CENSORED*" Then I guarantee you it would of been closed the same way yours was. But it wasn't, it was just a discussion about spawn camping, and how to deal with it.

And I find the idea of a faction Fishing for spawn campers stupid even if it was said from one of their guys, plus the guy gave you his reason from the start.

Posted Image

#24 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well how hard would it have been for him to exclude the names of the players who spawn camped him? Clearly he did a bunch of editing already, so making it not show the players names and just the deaths would have been quite easy. If he made it solely about spawn camping and didn't include player names, then it would have been a discussion of how to avoid and deal with spawn camping. Including the names of the players who did the spawn camping made it an accusation of spawn camping against those players (and by extension their chapters).

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#25 Angron767

Angron767

RAGE

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

The first thread didn't start out as an allegation, it was only when Angron started arguing and annoying the OP and the DA started acting defensive as if there was an allegation did it devolve into a shit storm, and certain people from several factions really didn't help except to add fuel to it.

Excuse the hell out of me for pointing out how easy it is to avoid being spawn camped. Not my fault if people don't take my good advise.
With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--That is your fate!

#26 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

You came into the thread taking the piss out of a member who is annoyed by an experience of spawn campin and you open with the line

"Oh, goodness, yet more people whining about things that are easily avoided. What is the world coming to!?!?!?!"

Your 'good advice' sparks flame wars and is what contributed to this one.

Posted Image

#27 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

JC dont argue man. Nothing you say in here is going to change anyones mind and isnt going to lead to any progress and your probably getting angry or stressed about it right about now.

The mods have done what they have done and everything is yesterdays news.

lets move on gentlemen.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#28 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

If the OP wasn't blatantly trying to slander other members by showing them spawn camping then the whole thing could have been avoided. If you are so against flame wars why didn't you report the thread and get it locked immediately?

#29 Angron767

Angron767

RAGE

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I would post a rebuttal, but that would probably be labeled as "contributing to a flame war" or something equally idiotic. I will again state that perhaps there should be a flame sub-forum where people can spout their hatred of one another without cluttering the other sections. All this "politically correct, let's be nice and hold hands, everyone's a winner" garbage is rather useless. No sense in not being honest about things, be they good or ill.

#30 The Valcor

The Valcor

Meatshield

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

You guys are acting like it became a flame war? It was a flame war the second the video was posted. I was in the chat where they were discussing it and it was intended to harm the DA members involved in the game. It should have been blocked the second the video was posted.
The Valcor, Glorified big gun toting mother f***er.

#31 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Then why did you not say something to a mod then?

#32 Angron767

Angron767

RAGE

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

It could also be said that the mods should have been watching more closely. Either way, it's over and done with now. Unless there's going to be a proper discussion of it, we may as well just move on.

#33 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

We can do only so much, especially when no one either reports or tries to bring it to our attention if we miss it. And then when we do our job, people suddenly complain about it for all sorts of reason. It's either one or the other it seems now a days.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#34 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

The report button is there for a reason Angron. Mods can't be everywhere at once, however much some of us would like them to be; it simply isn't possible, or plausible to suggest that they can or should be.

#35 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I love the DA and it seems that nearly everybody has something bad to say about us I have been friends with them all for quite sometime been in party's while people are hating on them the only thing people don't like in the end is to lose and it leads to petty people running there mouths about things they can't do aswell as others example the jump swing i can do it not as good as my friends do but I still try from time to time and think every assault does try the pp everyone can shot it fast some faster then others so they sit there bitch then the other people go to another person bitch and so on if you don't like me and my friends who cares cause in the end it will be cause you are swore that once upon a time you got stomped
The Emperor is all seeing and when he is unpleased with what is happening in his galaxy, he sends his saint.

#36 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Then why did you not say something to a mod then?

Probably because he wasn't online or didn't want to get in trouble with his chapter for speaking out against it?

I for one don't care about flaming and as im sure you can tell Angron doesn't either. None of us cared about the flaming or how out of hand it got. You could be pointing at all the people who "hate flame wars" such as JC for not reporting it as well.

The reason we (or at least just I) were upset was because of the fact that this thread took forever to be closed and deleted (meaning the whole world got to see it), and the thread I made, which had no intention of flaming and was just a defense of the accused spawncampers, got immediately deleted (meaning very few people got to see the defense). I think both threads should have been locked and kept up so that the people could view both sides of the story and weigh the evidence for themselves.

I'm not going to say that it was the mods playing favorites, because that probably wasn't the case. It was most likely that they weren't on to see the thread develop. They are real people too and they have real lives that need to be tended to.

However, since there are so many people going on about reporting this and reporting that, why didn't any of you report it since you all seem to hate flame wars?

Edit: HOLY RUN-ON SENTENCE SAINT

#37 Angron767

Angron767

RAGE

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Just for the record, I have no problem with the mods doing their jobs. My issue lies with what often appears to be selective moderation. I'm also not outright saying that the mods are selectively moderating, but it certainly seems that way to me fairly regularly.

#38 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think the horse is dead guys, no need to keep beating it.

#39 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I for one don't care about flaming and as im sure you can tell Angron doesn't either. None of us cared about the flaming or how out of hand it got. You could be pointing at all the people who "hate flame wars" such as JC for not reporting it as well.

Because me and so many other people just saw the title and ignored it. I only read it AFTER it was locked and moved to an archive.

Posted Image

#40 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think the horse is dead guys, no need to keep beating it.

Right because its only beating a dead horse after we respond to mods but not before that right? :rolleyes:

Change Theme!