50 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Eyup Gothic Wars, I just wanna know where y'all stand on capital punishment? I live in the UK and we don't have it here sooo yeah. Also what do you think is the worst crime?

Here's my thoughts:

I personally reckon they should bring back public executions for murders, peadophiles and rapists. I don't think this people have the right to live or have a private and painless end. They deserve to suffer. Another opinion of mine is that women beaters should have their eyes gouged out so they may never see a beautiful woman again, (they lost that right) their hands cut off so they can never hold a woman again, (they lost that right too) and they should also be casterated. (a man that hits a woman is not a man at all) In my opinion a man loses his right to call himself a man the moment he raises his fist. Personally, I think that beating a woman is one of the worst crimes possible, to make someone (more often than not a lover) live in fear of you (as is the usual case) is disgracful. I think that beating a woman is worse than putting another man in hospital. I have been hospitalised by a group of people before and I still maintain that while its cowardly to jump someone that's so drunk they can hardly stand, it's much more cowardly and disgraceful to cause an innocent woman to suffer and endure so much pain, be it mental, physical or emotional. Like I said these are just my own opinions, feel free to say if they seem too harsh to you. :)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

This can be a touchy subject, so keep it civil guys.

I believe in an eye for an eye: Steal money and you should have to give it back. Same with lives AFAIC.

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

when am I ever uncivil? ;)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#4 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

when am I ever uncivil? ;)

Well remmber that time ;)

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

which one? :P

#6 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

which one? :P

Haha thts my.point lol

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#7 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well in game of thrones if you do anything less than murder or breaking vows to fight, then you can either be castrated and then executed or you go to the frozen hellhole called the wall where you will most likely freeze to death if your nt killed by the wild people first. Anything more than that then its immediate execution and torture.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#8 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Fair enough but I'm talking about real life.

#9 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think my psychology course is called this.
Posted Image

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

This is a really controversial issue, so I'll avoid voicing my opinion on it. But a few years ago in Citizenship classes at school while discussing this subject I was made to voice my opinion on how punishments should be carried out. I terrified the entire noisy class into silence for the rest of the lesson, you couldn't even hear people texting on their phones anymore.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Nice jc always the way

#12 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yup, but I'm sure what ever horrible fate you had in mind for people was well deserved. Hell, I wanna see someone get hung, drawn and quartered if they kill a baby but unfortunately that practise is seen as too barbaric but in my opinion people are just soft.

#13 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Most of what I think of is much more gruesome and disgusting to watch, and it would be done in public and recorded to replace adverts late at night. So that criminals would fear the punishment to the point they would just be too scared to be criminals.

Posted Image

#14 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Isn't killing someone who killed just as bad? As the innocent shouldn't we be above them and not stoop to their level?

I would say that Prison is possibly too good at the moment and nothing like it was when it was first developed by the Victorians. From some documentaries about Prison in the UK it seems like you get more stuff in there than some who try to live outside and lawfully.

EG In Prison you are given meals, TV, recreational activities, education and support for whatever put you in prison.

If prison became a more harsh place again then it might work more.

Prison also costs so much for taxpayers.

Why can't we just use the people who did things like murder, *CENSORED*, paedophilia and other generally fucked up stuff should be just used for medical reasons. But what right do we have to control their life?

Shouldn't they be cast out of society to somewhere no other part of Mankind lived/has been.

Just find an uninhabited island and send them there. Let them live like the animals they have become.

Honestly the current system seems to work to an extent so I don't really care. Bringing back Death Sentences isn't something we should really do though. I don't know how many people were killed but then found innocent. What can be done to fix that? Say sorry to the family? Take their own life or be accused of murder? Do nothing?

Death Sentences I just don't really agree with. The ways used to kill are usually hanging or shooting. Both are quick to living a life in prison where you aren't given anything and should be constantly reminded why they are there to live a life of regret.

At the end of the day they are still human and deserve human rights. While the UK is following Human Rights we cannot bring back the Death Penalty without receiving criticism for killing prisoners.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#15 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Prison also costs so much for taxpayers.

Actually in America it's the other way around. It's more expensive to kill someone than put them in prison for 50 years. The amount of people you need to pay like witnesses and the equipment and etc. I'm sure people pay more for some doctor to confirm the dude is dead than giving him a few years in prison.

Posted Image

#16 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

It'd sort out our prisons being overcrowded with scum. Besides some people deserve to die like Joseph fritzl or the people that murdered the child known through the media as baby P. Some people do not deserve the life they posses as they spend it causing pain and misery to others. It's one of the reasons saw is one of my favourite films. It sends a very strong social message in my eyes.

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Some people deserve death but is letting them die more of a mercy? Would you take away someone's life of regret after they murdered or *CENSORED* or whatever to some?

What would the death for people be? Something like Saw. If they value their life enough they should remove one of their hands or scope out one of their eyes.

So say someone completes that. Then what? They are free?

Also is killing someone wasted potential. No matter who they are. If they are condemned to death then that means their life is forfeit. So they could be used for slave labour, public entertainment, medical experiments and what ever else.

A group which used "Prisoners" for that were the Nazis who made developments for "Greater Germany" by using Jews and other undesirables to create V2 rockets, weaponry for the German military, building things for the German people.

But how do we determine someone is actually guilty? After some trials more evidence can be exposed and prove someone's innocence once someone has been "Lawfully" killed.

Again should the Judge and ruling consul just say sorry to the family that lost their son/daughter/mother/father or whoever else. The Death Penalty to me is stupid.

I am not a Christian but there is the commandment "Thou shalt not kill".

Killing is morally wrong. But everyone has different morals I guess.

Killing at times I admit is necessary. If you must killing for the defence of yourself or another then I find it acceptable.

If it is out of anger, vengeance or just because the person is sadistic.

Video Games though are different. If people try to say "Well you kill people in that video game!" Well there you go. It is a video game and not actually killing someone.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#18 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Video Games though are different. If people try to say "Well you kill people in that video game!" Well there you go. It is a video game and not actually killing someone.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMSHU6Q-2cY

Posted Image

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Ok. So it is my intention. My intention is to kill.

So technically everyone is on this site is a mass murderer. Almost the entire world is a mass murderer. I think the majority of the world has played a game which requires you to kill someone or something.

Personally I don't believe their is a heaven or a hell or a purgatory or whatever else. So how does this truly effect me? I think that mankind should focus more on their lives on how they should treat other creatures that are alive. (Alive through breathing, conciousness, knowledge and being a sentinel race.)

If Sony or Microsoft or whatever else create a robot with AI I would think it should be allowed to live. It has a thinking mind. It knows what it is doing and will learn from that.

Playing CoD and killing people on that. I am killing the character created in the game. That is a generated image which someone controls. I also have one. In games it isn't real.

If violence is promoted from video games then how come I don't run around shooting, stabbing and chanting about the ruinous powers? Because I know the difference.

One is just something that is virtual. Fake. False.

While the other is (Possibly) real.

I say possibly because who knows this might be virtual or a dream of someone or might just be a simulation or whatever.

Roleplaying games task you with putting yourself in their shoes. In there you are actually a super genetically engineered killing machine. I don't think in anyway a Space Marine would talk things over with an enemy to the Imperium. Just like a Chaos Marine would prefer to kill their enemy instead of talk to them.

Cartoons which depict killing also isn't killing. That is someone's creation through pen, pencil or using a computer program mixed with their imagination.

If imaging murder or killing is now also punishable by death then I think the whole world now is guilty and needs to be "Lawfully" killed. I think almost everyone has had a odd fought about killing or being killed or murder or anything. I know I have. Never gone through with it because I know it is stupid to kill one another.

In today's society no one should have the right to kill. Killing should only be done when necessary which is in an act of defence. Which means someone must also show restraint when in a state of power. By that I mean if a person attacks you. Make the person incapable of doing harm to you. Knock them out or Restrain them or Stop them. if possible but don't just all out kill them. That is just as bad as the person for originally trying to kill you. If the only way to stop them is to kill them then it was the only way.

In the words of Lemmy. "And Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right"

#20 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Games and cartoons can't exactly count andi wasn't saying that things should be done like saw, I was simply saying is that my interpretation of the message in saw is that some people deserve to die or have done things that deem them unworthy of the gift of life.

*edit: the thought should not be punishable but the action should. I my eyes killing is only nessecary as a punishment for the worst crimes, self defence or in war.

Change Theme!