10 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Gearbox took money intended for the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines and invested it in the development of Borderlands 2 and Duke Nukem Forever, claims an alleged Sega staffer.

The accusation was made on a blog called Sega Awakens, supposedly written by an employee of the publisher who uses the pen name Bryan Danielson. Destructoid also claims to have independently verified the information.

“Gearbox stole from SEGA, they robbed us, lied to us about the game, and tried to get another company to make the game instead,” wrote Danielson.

“Pitchford and Gearbox wanted to focus heavily on Duke Nukem Forever, but how would they get the money to hire some of the 3D Realms team and even buy the intellectual property? Sure, they made a lot from Borderlands, but guess where they got the money to fund Borderlands in the first place? Yup, SEGA.

“So Gearbox essentially lied to SEGA, mishandled funds, broke agreements and contractual obligations to work on other projects, didn’t want to work on a game they were contractually obligated to work on and gave it to another team, poor organization and direction on ACM, took on too many projects from different companies at once, and other things that we may not even know about. Hell, part of me believes that Gearbox wanted this thing delayed as much as possible so they can get more funding money to embezzle from SEGA.”

Danielson had harsh words for his alleged employer as well, saying that Sega should not have tried to recoup its losses by foisting the critical flop on gamers.

“I strongly believe that SEGA should not have released the game and made the fans pay for it,” he continued. “This game should have been cancelled permanently, and the final product is undeniable proof of it. Despite that, I believe SEGA wanted to try to get some of the money back, at the fans’ expense. SEGA should have also watched the project and development a lot better, because there was a lot of warning signs that said this was a disaster in the making.”

Source

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

yea i heard roah and steve talking about this....im not surprised it took "6 years" to make it and it came out a garbage nock off compared to what they were showing and what we expected.
Posted Image

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

It explains alot to say the least.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#4 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

gearbox is officially on my shitlist, along with activision and infinity ward. they ruined a game that i was looking forward to for years.....dickheads.
Posted Image

#5 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm so glad I only rented A:CM it is an absolute shit effort. A lot of the Blood Angels play it and yes it undeniably fun playing with your buddies, but you can do that with any game!

Absolute shit game compared to what I was expecting and I wish I could say I was surprised at the OP but truly I'm not.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#6 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

while I can understand that the game had a lot of flaws, I actually liked it and do enjoy playing it. That said it only cost me ten pounds, so it's not a major loss if I don't play it again. There are some undeniably fun elements to this game

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#7 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

mmmm too bad i had to pick ACM or dead space im glad i buyed DS but part of me feels sad about ACM as many of you i was expecting alot more from it
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#8 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

while I can understand that the game had a lot of flaws, I actually liked it and do enjoy playing it. That said it only cost me ten pounds, so it's not a major loss if I don't play it again. There are some undeniably fun elements to this game

Myself and many others here, and elsewhere truly love this game, and not only continually play it, but we are hopeful about the dlc and some patches. I am putting together a league esq style of competition in the blood games section. Please feel welcome to join in or check it out, and pass the word along if you don't mind.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#9 Lothair

Lothair

Brother

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Yep, this proves it. I will never buy a game on premiere day again if the devs can be so manipulative and cheat with false demos.

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Poor show Gearbox, I expected better from you :(

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Seconded JC. Not sure how legit the source is though .

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

Change Theme!