73 replies to this topic

#21 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Well I am not part of the Stormcloaks yet but the guard didn't know that. I could have been a mercenary for all that guard knew.

I am lucky he didn't charge me for three murders as I had no where near 3K... And I sure as hell ain't going to no jail!

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#22 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Day Four

I was off to go see the Greybeards but when leaving the city there were these strangely dressed men. Called themselves Alik'r or something like that. Come all the way from Hammerfell searching for some Redguard woman they believe is hiding in Whiterun.

Guards weren't letting some strange bastards into the city and apparently caught one of the bastards sneaking in. Can't be that good can they if they get caught. I ain't much of a sneaky fighter but I am sure that I could get into the city easy.

Still they were looking for a women who was a Redguard and I found her. Best solution is to go to the inn before you go anywhere else. She was working at the Bannered Mare. Told her about Alik'r and she said she had to tell me something in private.

At first thought it was going to lead to a night in her bedchamber. Turns out I was wrong. (You would be surprised how many times I am....)

She apparently spoke out against the Aldmeri Dominion ruling most of Nirn. I think that in the future having more places rebel against the heretical Elves will help Skyrim remove these chains that prevent us from worshipping Talos rightful God who ascended from man to God.

She told me to go see that Alik'r who was caught and find out where their leader is staying. So I did that. Bastard wanted me to pay his fine. If I wanted any help for the future of Skyrim I had to get the information. I paid the guard a hundred of my gold so he told me they were at Swindler's Den and their leader "Kematu" was in there.

Well of course I made full speed ahead. I knew where it was on the map and marked it down and made my travel. I remembered the Jarl put a bounty out on some bandits at Halted Stream Camp. So I made a little stop off there.

Like all bandits they saw me as easy pickings so they could take my gold and kill me. The bandits really don't think ahead. Once I had an axe stuck in their heads their knew not to mess with me. Bandits need to learn not to attack me...

After I cleared out the mine they had there I went off to Swindler's Den. A few wolves were in the wilderness nothing I couldn't handle though. Few bandits around and they met the same fate as the rest of the idiots who decided to fight me.

Now I am close to Swindler's Den I think I should take a rest.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#23 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Day Five

Well some unexpected events happened when I went off into the Swindler's Den. The Alik'r were using bandits to cover them so adventures or guards who found the cave wouldn't tell everyone where the Redguard's special forces were hiding out.

Most of the bandits thought that I would be easy prey and have a nice fat gold purse they could take. All they recieved from me was an axe and shield to the face. Still while exploring I discovered some books describing what had happened from the Great War discussing what happened to the Redguard's land of Hammerfell.

They had a similar fate to Skyrim. The Empire abandoned Hammerfell when they wouldn't accept the heretical Treaty. I believe stability has returned to Hammerfell know but the Alik'r where used similar to what the blades were like. Harrassing important areas and troops the Thalmor needed.

They covered the retreat of many forces that the Thalmor was going to kill and were the best warriors in Hammerfell. Know this raises questions on why would the Thalmor hire those who they were fighting to hunt down people. Doesn't make any sense.

If the Thalmor hire their enemies to do their jobs then the Blades should have become part of the Thalmor's forces. As far as I can tell they have tried to wipe out the Blades.

Still I made it through the Bandits pretty easily. Once I did find my way through the caves about eight Alik'r warriors and their leader Kematu said that I had great skill in making it this far without dying.

At first thought it was a boast of how he would be my killer but instead he spoke about that Saadia was the one who had sold out one of the last cities of Hammerfell to the Thalmor.

So I had to decide and I did. I gathered all the facts up and the Alik'r warriors were honourable and this is shown from when I met that one in the prison. He accepted his fate of being caught and not wanting to return to the Alik'r because he had failed himself and them. The Alik'r were also very obsessed with the justice that she deserved for treason.

All these reasons told me that she was actually a traitor and worked with the Thalmor. If I am wrong then one day Skyrim will just have to march on Hammerfell to stop the Thalmor their as well.

She had trusted me to deal with them so Kematu decided that she would trust me even more. He told me to take her to Whiterun stables. He would wait there.

So that is what I did. Once their he cast some kind of paralyse spell on Saadia. He also assured me that she wouldn't be harmed until she arrived in Hammerfell when it would be taken out of his hands and would be the people of Hammerfell's choice of what to do with her.

I hope I did make the right choice but there is no way for me to know as Skyrim is in more need than Hammerfell would ever be. Dragons, Civil War, Elven bastards, bandits and who knows what else all in Skyrim wanting to tear it apart.

I was given five hundred gold for my efforts and I went on my way. I now have not much else to do in Whiterun at the moment so I think I will go to do something else. Possibly see the Greybeards now if I can. Although there is a letter I received telling me that I should go to Northwind Summit to find some kind of power there. Best not be a trap from some idiot bandit who thinks they can get the jump on me.

After going to Northwind Summit I really should try to get to High Hrothgar.

Done some more but I am hungry so I am going to eat but I am thinking about what to eat.... Chicken? Sandwich? Crisps? Chocolate bar? Just ignore the hunger? Have a *CENSORED*? I am going to have a look for some food. Hopefully something that says beef but instead is actually horse....

#24 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Day Six

Well the journey to Northwind Summit was harder than I thought. Cannot really remember the way from my youth so it will take me much longer to get there.

So I have decide I should just go to High Hrothgar. I think I remember the way to Ivarstead. Small little village. Small ruin nearby that everyone was fearful of. Not much else. Only thing of real importance is the stairway to High Hrothgar. The legendary seven thousand steps. There will also be some kind of challenge or trial to see if you can make it to the top.

I doubt I won't be able to get rid of anything that attempts to kill me as while trying to find my way to Northwind Summit quite a few creatures have attempted to kill me. Trolls, wolves, Sabre Cats, Bears and even a Dark Brotherhood assassin all tried to kill me.

None did obviously. I don't know why anyone would want to kill me but that letter the assassin had on them spoke of the "Black Sacrament has been performed" and "Failure is not an option". Well I think I might have fooled around with their plans. Damned murdering bastards. No such thing as honour exists within the Dark Brotherhood. If only someone would finally kill the last of them.

Also I did forget to mention one of the bandits in Swindler's Den had a nice Orcish mace. Not as good as a Nordic weapon but still better than my Iron axe so it will serve as a replacement for a time.

Still I should try to stay safe and stick to the roads while travelling to Ivarstead. Will fill in a bit more once I reach there and see if anything has changed since I was a boy.

If you cannot tell I really have nothing better to do so for the next week you could be seeing a whole week of the Skyrim Story thread being filled with Skyrim stuff..... Also I had cheese and tomato sandwiches and a orange to eat... Will write later after I do some more stuff......

#25 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Day Seven

Made it to Ivarstead with no problems. Nothing was on the roads as I made my approach so I got a nice and easy way into the village. Once I arrived I made my way like anyone would to the inn.

Apparently that barrow nearby is haunted. They call it Shroud Hearth Barrow. Only one person ventured into there. Some Dark Elf idiot who decided to go in there. He hasn't been seen for over a year.

I did find his journal after I entered the Barrow. Turns out he went insane and thought everyone in Ivarstead was playing a joke on him then he forget everything about himself and why he was there and then thought he was supposed to be the guardian of the Barrow.

Now that is why Elves should go near Nordic ruins. They cannot understand them and they end up going insane.

Still I went back to the inn keeper who told me about the Elf and the Barrow to see what he made of this situation. He was quite angry when he read the journal knowing that this Elf bastard was using fear to keep everyone out.

He rewarded me with the dragon claw made for this ruin an age or two ago which allowed me in if I put the correct code on the dragon's claw into the stone circle.

I find it kind of funny that the Elf if he wasn't a selfish bastard could have asked the people of Ivarstead for help and he could have got in. Guess it is his normal Elvish behaviour though to think he is superior to those around him. Where did that leave the bastard? Alone, forgotten and dead.

Once I did make it down into the depths of the Barrow more Draugr were around. Rotten corpses aren't much of a fight but they do seem to remember how to fight properly and speak.

Some reason one of them laughed at me when I was about to bash its face in with a mace as if it was laugh at my failure or something. I haven't failed so maybe the Draugr was just an idiot. Wouldn't surprise any if it was just an idiot.

Only one made a true challenge that also had an ability to use the voice. I managed to make out it said Fus Ro. Sounded exactly the same as the way I say it but the Ro part. Never heard it before.

The pushing away seemed to be more powerful from the Draugr said it. Perhaps the more Dragon words you use the more powerful your voice is or something. Greybeards will probably know.

I found another of those walls like I did in Bleak Falls Barrow. It contained a Dragon statue or head on top. More strange energies engulfed me and once again I feel like I have a new power but no idea on how to use it. Strange.

Is that how the Dragonborn is to learn new shouts? Who knows. There hasn't been a known Dragonborn for years.

I have now made my way out of the Barrow and have a new word remembered. Kyne. No idea what it does but I will remember it until the Greybeards explain.

Best not take long to make it up those seven thousand steps. It will though.....

#26 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Your playing faster than I can read this :P

Best line yet:

At first thought it was going to lead to a night in her bedchamber. Turns out I was wrong. (You would be surprised how many times I am....)

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#27 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Well I decided that my character wouldn't be serious 24/7.

None of the fun heroes are. Iron man is never serious and is one of the best I have lots of money heroes.

Also I have done absolutely nothing all day... Sounds enjoyable but this is one of the longest days ever.... Looked at the clock and played Skyrim for what I thought was two hours turned out it was only forty minutes!

I am very bored....

#28 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

LoL, its in reverse, normally its look at clock and what feels like 30 mins was 11 hours :D

Posted Image

#29 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Well I have played Halo 4 for about 2ish hours as I went onto it when my Sister said everyone is off out which means congrats you can play an Xbox and not experience the LAG ISSUE! But it feels like it should be early hours of the morning. I know yesterday or two days ago me and Metal got bored so we went onto Fable Two.

We used Slow time for no fucking reason do you think it could have leaked from the Xboxes into real life.

Yeah that makes perfect sense so that is what happened.....

I hate it when time goes too fast but this feels like the world is about to end but the thing causing the end of the world is having second thoughts or just fails to do it and continues preparing. So you've just got prepared to die and then no you get to live....

I am super bored =D Amon Amarth time?

#30 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

When that happens I just sleep.

I can do it on demand, even after drinking enough coffee into my system to kill other people :D

I think it's my super power, to sleep whenever the fuck I feel like it :D

Posted Image

#31 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

So you're a Cat pretty much... Keep them in one place for too long they will just go to sleep. Until you try to wander off in which cause they go "LOL I WAS FAKING YOU GONNA FEED ME NOW?!" Or in Cat "MEOW! MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!"

Until you kick it out or feed it again.....

#32 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Nananananananananana CAT MAN! :P

Lol, sorry, Im derailing, I leave and go sleep now ;)

Posted Image

#33 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I really don't care. Derail all you want. If you want I will get started....

You're response?.....

#34 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Day Eight

Well I made it up to High Hrothgar pretty easily. Nothing much in the way just some wolves and a troll. That troll did almost kill me luckily had some potions that kept in alive.

I delivered some supplies as well for some Nord Klimmek. Apparently he goes up there every so often just to deliver some basic food and other essentials. Problem is he is getting older and cannot make it up the seven thousand steps so easily. I said I would take them as I am off up there anyway and this would just save him some time.

Was quite the climb and there was some emblems talking about ancient times of how the way of the voice saved the world from the dragons tyranny. Was quite the sight though when I saw High Hrothgar. Its like a fortress but has only four members inside.

The Greybeards taught me a lot for my short time of being up there. I was correct about the more Dragon words used increase the power of the voice but only three words and they are not a random collection of words but corresponding. I learnt the second word of Unrelenting force. In our language it means "Balance" so when I shout those two words Force, Balance it has more force. Quite interesting these shouts. I would love to learn all of them.

After shortly proving myself as Dragonborn the Greybeards went off to teach me Whirlwind Sprint. "Wuld". In Dragon tongue in means whirlwind. Quite the strange. Allows you to speed across the ground. I imagine the other worlds allow you to move faster or further. It was strange to move about ten feet in a second.

Once I had proven myself as Dragonborn once more they said I had once last trial. I had to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Jurgen Windcaller was a leader of ancient Nords and a master of the Voice.

He had decimated all of the enemies that stood before him and his army but after the defeat at Red Mountain he saw that the voice was gift from the Gods and wasn't made for destruction but for worship and glory of the Gods.

Seems a bit pointless to learn such power not to use it. Would give great restraint thought to say you have the abilities to kill anyone in Nirn and just refuse to use them.

They also said they had a fifth member. Paarthurnax or something like that. He is their leader and lives upon the throat of the world. I have no idea what is up there but it must be freezing up there as it is freezing at High Hrothgar. Bet Paarthurnax gets a great view of Skyrim though.

They said I would go to meet Paarthurnax when my voice was ready. I feel ready now but guess I should wait until they say I am.

On the descent nothing really happened but when I arrived in Ivarstead and told Klimmek the supplies had been delivered he paid me seven hundred and fifty gold for doing that which was nice of him.

But while approaching the exit of Ivarstead two Dark Elves approached me and asked if I was the one people were calling Dragonborn. I said the Greybeards think that I am and they said "You shall not stand in the way of the true Dragonborn!"

Using magic they thought I would be easy prey. One got a shield to the face and the other a mace the his head. Serves them right thinking they can just kill me or anyone else they feel like.

They Cultist that spoke to me had a note on him. Apparently they came from Raven Rock in Solstheim. Landed at Windhelm. Their orders to kill the False Dragonborn. Some reason they think I am going to leave Skyrim to go over to Solstheim. Don't know why they think that I would leave. There are Dragons here, Civil War and countless other problems like those damned vampires.

They were told to return with word of their success and Miraak shall be most pleased.

So I think this Miraak is the one calling himself the "True" Dragonborn. We will see what happens when I do go over there. Right now I am doing stuff for Skyrim and no where else.

I also recieved a letter from a courier with a letter from Jarl Siddgeir of Falkreath. Apparently my fame has spread around Skyrim and he wants to meet with me. I think I might have to go over to see him soon.

It will have to wait till I go to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks and go to Ustengrav where the horn of Jurgen Windcaller apparently is.

Why are there no days in Skyrim where it is easy and crazy stuff doesn't happen?

#35 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Day Nine

Well I have decided to make a detour to Riften. Crime ridden city from what I remember. Doubt it has changed its probably worse than it was before. Need to stop off and sell some equipment. Too much crap from those bandits and its starting to slow me down.

While on the way to Riften I met some people outside of a fort called Treva's Watch and a man named Stalleo was expecting reinforcements. He was a little disappointed as only I had come even though I wasn't asked.

He said that he and another family had been friends but due to the war both families split up and now they didn't like each other. But to attack someone's own home and family with bastard bandits that is just low.

He said that he would let me take any of the loot from the bandits and would reward me at the end so I accepted. Their was an escape route out of the fort which they had occupied so the Bandits couldn't escape and so they had an entry point. I went in and four bandits covered the entrance.

My mace smashed the first two in light armour away but their was an archer and a two handed swordsmen left fighting me. I would be dead if it wasn't for my shield.

I made quick work of the two handed swordsmen when he went for a large swing at me I charge in with my shield and knocked him down then quickly smashed his face in with my mace.

The archer who I guess couldn't get a good shot because his recent dead friends were in the way now fired at me. The banded Iron shield made sure I was unharmed as I approached.

Once up there a quick hit with my shield knocked him over and the mace once more did its job.

The fort however was massive. Stretched for quite a large area. Took easily two hours to search it all. Bandits infested the place. All you need to get rid of the insects is a good cleaner. I am one of the best.

I still tried to follow what the Greybeards told me though. Use my voice only when I need to. Too much use of it can anger the Gods.

Still the bandits were easy enough to kill apart from the leader. He seemed to be quite angry I had killed all of his buddies. Charged right at me and knocked my shield down from its original blocking position leaving me exposed.

Why do bandits like two handed weapons? Seems pointless. Unable to block and takes much longer to hit. Might have to try them properly for myself one day....

Once I did get out of the fort Stalleo was waiting outside of the gates with his two bodyguards. I opened the gates and then the few remaining bandits were slaughtered.

I was given my payment and went on my way.

All was fine until I saw a small fort or village under attack from a Giant. I went over to give what little help I could since Giants completely over power me. Turns out this was one of those Orc settlements that are outside of civilised cities.

Turns out they want my help to get some troll's fat and the heart of a Daedra. Something to do with getting a auidence with one of those Daedric Princes. Why do people worship crazy fools...

I think I will spent the night in this settlement and continue to Riften in the morning.

#36 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Last time I tried to get I that Orc settlement the giant killed everyone outside and no text dialogue initiated to let me in, eventually I climbed the mountain behind it and jumped into the village instead. Took ages.

Posted Image

#37 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Sounds enjoyable climbing a mountain......

#38 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I had no horse with me, so it's almost impossible. Don't try it.

Posted Image

#39 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I will go fly a dragon or something.... =P

#40 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Im in no way jelly of you and your dragonborn dlc...

:@

Posted Image

Change Theme!