57 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

would anyone be up for a power/chainsword or axe only 1v1? Im fed up of all these "great assaults" that just spam of a plasma pistol and darent face anyone in CQC or constantly *CENSORED* off the one hit wonder that we call the hammer because they cant actually use a weapon where they might not get a certain kill or where they cant just shoot and run. What happened to the way it used to be before people could jump swing and before they spammed a plasma pistol? The great assaults were the ones that got in close with an axe or a sword and used the stun combos without relience on perks such as death from above or furious charge to stun the opponent.

With that said here are my conditions:

Anhiallation
20 Kills
No perks
Manufacturum
NO pistols
NO grenades/stims
Only sword or axe allowed

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I hope I'm not on that list :s I dont really like playin without my pp but for you fuzzy, sure thing. You might actually stop my wee win streak with you ;)
Loyalist, traitor, I care not; you all look the same on the end of my sword.

#3 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

sadly i agree with fuzzy here, i just put in my Sm disk (witch i havent played in a long time) and what do i face, people that jumped around with the hammer and the plasma and did nothing else. now i remember why i stopped playing SM.  
or they used a Vengance launcher with a side melta total noob tactics guys
Posted Image

#4 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

people always say this kinda shit about VL's and improved melta but no one ever says fuck all about this...

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#5 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

no im completly with you on this its bullcrap to just spam a hammer and plasma, its annoying

Posted Image

#6 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hammer=Noob tactict. Fact

#7 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

any kind of spam, glitching or corner camping bullshit tactics are what spoil this otherwise almost perfect game. I wish that as a community we could stop all the cheap shit but it would be impossible as the only way to face such tactics is unfourtunatly to use them. :/ 

Hammer=Noob tactict. Fact

only when the jumpswing is applied.

#8 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

then all meltas are nooby to or any one hit weapon for that matter... Im feeling a lack of logic in this thread ;)

there is a give and take to anything, I battle hammers with swords for a reason...

learn to overcome.
Posted Image

#9 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

sorry, what I meant to say was Hammer+killing blow=noob tactic. Jump swing or not, this is the bane of my SM existance

#10 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'm perfectly fine with a hammer, but there are two things I really hate.
1. People who pick an assault and will then only use the Plasma Pistol and mad trigger that.

2. Veteran Players who use a hammer and then use Killing blow with it

Those are personally two things I hate, no offense to anyone who does this.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#11 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Stuvis and I had an assault battle here a while back for giggles and was extremely fun. I rather enjoy the sword. :) I'd be happy to take you up on it if I ever get around to dusting off my copy.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#12 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

sadly i agree with fuzzy here, i just put in my Sm disk (witch i havent played in a long time) and what do i face, people that jumped around with the hammer and the plasma and did nothing else. now i remember why i stopped playing SM.  
or they used a Vengance launcher with a side melta total noob tactics guys

chewy since when are you a Grey Knight?
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#13 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I will admit I'm a trigger happy bugger with my pp but I'd say 95% of my kills are at the end of my sword.

#14 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

We can sword bash if you like sometime fuzzball ;)
Posted Image

#15 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

then all meltas are nooby to or any one hit weapon for that matter... Im feeling a lack of logic in this thread ;)

there is a give and take to anything, I battle hammers with swords for a reason...

learn to overcome.

the melta is nooby when you get people that spam improved and fire 4 or 5 shots before they kill you.

and rom. while were on the subject I would just love to see you or twiggy without a hammer or plasma pistol... ;)

#16 WarmasterStuvis

WarmasterStuvis

The Eternal Swordman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

learn to overcome.

the melta is nooby when you get people that spam improved and fire 4 or 5 shots before they kill you.

and rom. while were on the subject I would just love to see you or twiggy without a hammer or plasma pistol... ;)

Yeah boy!! Me too :D

#17 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

16 to 20 ;) with my sword
Posted Image

#18 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

well then supreme grand wanker romulous, would ya be up for it at the weekend? I think ya might have gotten a little rusty at REAL close combat.

#19 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I've never turned down a challenge...

This fight will be decided by the better connection all the way though fuzzball, whom hits Y first is the winner.
Posted Image

#20 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

I've never turned down a challenge...

This fight will be decided by the better connection all the way though fuzzball, whom hits Y first is the winner.

Im so confident that you can host rom. I think that hammer may have come back around and wacked ya upside the head too many times for you yo think anymore then "rom smash!" or "mmmm yellow chicken" ;)

Change Theme!