25 replies to this topic

#1 MMA Punk

MMA Punk

Sons of Medusa Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

So today when a fellow Angel Sanguine member tried to purchase the DLC for spacemarine he informed us that he was unable to find it so I decided to take a look for myself and unfortunatly for whatever reason the DLC content has been removed from the marketplace so my advice to the rest of you guys is to take advantage of the time left and play all you can before the game is shutdown altogether which is something im very familier with seeing as i come from a chromehounds background which the online servers for xbl have been shutdown its a shame that they shutdown all the really great games but still leave game servers up for games people dare not touch sorry for the rant guys just a bit irrated tired of dedicating myself to a game only to have it die on me but I suppose all good things must come to an end sometime.
Sons Of Medusa Chapter Master

Posted Image

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

This will definitely wreck a lot of peoples plans, including our future tournament plans oO

UPDATE: I can see the DLC on my account, including some skins I did not purchase. So perhaps it was a glitch that your friend experienced

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 MMA Punk

MMA Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Very true my friend we as Angels Sanguine planned on making DLC maps a big part of our chapter matches but now its not going to be possible due to our members lacking them and im sure many other chapters members as well.

Posted Image

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

UPDATE: I can see the DLC on my account, including some skins I did not purchase. So perhaps it was a glitch that your friend experienced

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

They are suppose to give a heads up when this happens. So if it is not out yet they might not be taking it down. Sometimes they remove the dlc of games because they are not really selling. We must pray to the emperor
I will bathe in your BLOOD

#6 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

well if the game goes down then that's it really...it just means that we'll have to find more games to have fun as a community together then

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#7 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

I also just went to the marketplace and am able to still buy all of the Space Marine add-ons. You might want to see if your friend was looking for Space Marine when he should have been looking for Warhammer.

#8 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

well if the game goes down then that's it really...it just means that we'll have to find more games to have fun as a community together then

Change is heresy, heresy is change.... we must stick to the days of old and continue playing space marine... :P :derp:
Posted Image

#9 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Um i been away for awhile but did something happen to the Fists? I just got internet at my aunts tonight and noticed my tag is missing the CF flag
I will bathe in your BLOOD

#10 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since SM is P2P and has no severs to actually shut down the multiplayer should always be available to play as long as there are players, right?
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since SM is P2P and has no severs to actually shut down the multiplayer should always be available to play as long as there are players, right?

By my understanding that should be correct, unless it uses a matchmaking server to host the lobby. Though that might only affect the random games, not the private games

cruSig2.jpg

#12 Goranok

Goranok

Techmarine

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

from my understanding games that lose support for online generaly make it so that everybody runs on other players internet, therefore the host of the game is the server himself, i could be wrong but i think thats what they did to stop people from complaining, like they did for chromehounds
Working techmarine of the Dark Angels.

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

from my understanding games that lose support for online generaly make it so that everybody runs on other players internet, therefore the host of the game is the server himself, i could be wrong but i think thats what they did to stop people from complaining, like they did for chromehounds

Some games are patched so they bypass all of the companies infrastructure, some are not. When they do drop SM (all games are eventually dropped regardless of popularity) you can only hope this is how it's treated.

cruSig2.jpg

#14 Dead Techmarine

Dead Techmarine

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

I pray that the closing of Space Marine is far in the future. But for now, we all need to just keep reminding THQ that we're still here and that we're not going go go away.
Fight and Die in a manner honoring all those who came before you.

#15 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Well said dead techmarine. We must all remmba to keep this game alive and show thq that we are the loyal fans of the warhammer franchise and show the love we all share for this. If not for this game I wood have not met some awesome guys that I play with on a regualer basis.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#16 MMA Punk

MMA Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

After reading several things across the web it seems that THQ is slowly but surely shutting down all of their offices the whole company is going under..

Posted Image

#17 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Its been like that for a while Punk THQ is having problems in trying to reach to quota for games when they come now so they have been on the slow track of shuting down

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.

#18 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Eventually, we should be seeing Space Marine two though, so we should still have somewhere to go, hopefully before the servers for Space Marine are shut down. A lot of chapters are also becoming muli-gaming chapters, so in the worst case scenario we can always move on to other games if we lose SM servers.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#19 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

pretty much...so really what have we lost today...nothing i tell you

#20 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Basically, the community is as alive as we want it to be, although personally, I doubt the SM servers will be going down just yet. i get the feeling it doesn't really use servers anyway as games are hosted by a player.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

Change Theme!