66 replies to this topic

#41 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

On the whole I like the new rules. I think there are some nice quirks, and some new depth. As gamers, we're all going to complain about things that change the game. I actually think Blood Angels armies will now be (More) fluffy, because a lot of their stupid, un-fluffy tactics will now be much less viable. Tau needed and got a power-boost, and shooting armies on the whole got a boost. I don't like the changes to power weapons, and again, I call bullshit on the Psyker cancel without good fluff reasons for it. Ultimately though, it matters little, the rules are the rules and my whining wont change them, now to get in some games with my Eldar in 6th Ed! P.S I do like that different CC weapons have different effects, just like 2nd.
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#42 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Oh wow. I just realised if Lemartes takes a wound on tge charge he is strength 8 with 8 attacks at initiative 6, rerolling hits and wounds. :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#43 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

On the whole I like the new rules. I think there are some nice quirks, and some new depth. As gamers, we're all going to complain about things that change the game. I actually think Blood Angels armies will now be (More) fluffy, because a lot of their stupid, un-fluffy tactics will now be much less viable. Tau needed and got a power-boost, and shooting armies on the whole got a boost. I don't like the changes to power weapons, and again, I call bullshit on the Psyker cancel without good fluff reasons for it. Ultimately though, it matters little, the rules are the rules and my whining wont change them, now to get in some games with my Eldar in 6th Ed! P.S I do like that different CC weapons have different effects, just like 2nd.

Well, why would a power sword, just because it has a "field" around it, be able to cut right through terminator armour which was made to work inside plasma generators. I think GW just made terminators viable again. Really I was never afraid of terminators and now I am.
The Lord of all humanity has my eternal allegiance.

#44 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

GOT TO GET A COPY OF THIS!!
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#45 Sammael

Sammael

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

I think GW just made terminators viable again. Really I was never afraid of terminators and now I am.

That's true. Terminators were terrifying in 2nd Ed. But all people with 2+ saves ignore Power Weapons? Artificer armor, for example, is not terminator armor. I think that's a bit of a stretch, the field 'distorts and obliterates matter'. I'd just prefer they make terminators awesome again, somehow. Just one opinion among many though.

Posted Image

#46 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

I think the main thing they have done is that nearly everyone has to spend hundreds or even thousands just to change and get a decent playing army.

Posted Image

#47 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

I think the main thing they have done is that nearly everyone has to spend hundreds or even thousands just to change and get a decent playing army.

Nail on the head there bro!

Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#48 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

I really don't see what most armies would need except for a flyer or two. The infantry haven't changed that much and, as i said before, close combat units will have to strategize some more but on the whole most units will still be as effective as before. and I don't like to spend alot of moola but that is why anyone starts a business and I don't blame GW for earning a buck. If they never changed(and improved) they would have stopped being a business after 1st edition.
The Lord of all humanity has my eternal allegiance.

#49 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

True

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#50 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ordered my copy today along with dear ol' Lukas the Trickster to get my Space Wolves over 1000 pts

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#51 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Are you saying that games workshop is trying to rip us off again??
:P
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#52 Thisarmysucks

Thisarmysucks

Meatshield

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

That just doesn't sound anything like GW.
Posted Image

#53 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Are you surprised? :P

Posted Image

#54 Sammael

Sammael

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Before this devolves into a 'I hate GW' thread, which I despise... Back to topic. Swooping hawks have become amazing under Sixth Edition rules, which I love. Now I finally have a reason to take my favorite models onto the table, other than they're just so damn purdy. Glancing vehicles on a 2+? Lots of dead tanks...
Posted Image

#55 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

My "BLITZ KRIEG!" tactics don't work anymore :( I can't fill a StormRavens full of Death Company and always be in combat without a scratch by turn 2 any more :(

Posted Image

#56 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

I think that was the main reason they changed transport vehicle rules to the 6 inches. Because some CC armies with fast assaulting transports were super OP in 5th.
Posted Image

#57 Sammael

Sammael

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

My "BLITZ KRIEG!" tactics don't work anymore :( I can't fill a StormRavens full of Death Company and always be in combat without a scratch by turn 2 any more :(

And every every other army celebrates. Now the BA's Will need actual troops and tanks, you know, like an ARMY. :)
Posted Image

#58 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

On the bright side those Death Company are now allowed to pick a direction instead of charge the closest all the time. Makes a transport less of a must have and allows them to have jump packs and still impact the battle.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#59 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Im less fond of DC now because Furious Charge isnt +1 initiative :(

But Baal Predator BLITZ KRIEG is awesome :D: Scout move 12' then move 12' then unload a Heavy Flamer and FlameStorm Incinerator into a closely huddled squad in cover then they disappear in smoke. I need 2 more Baal Predators :D.

Posted Image

#60 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

I still got my drop pods, filled with soon-to-be-yellow (i'm a procrastinator, none of my army is painted, some not even assembled yet) angels of death
Posted Image

Change Theme!