66 replies to this topic

#21 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Well, Storm Ravens might still be classified as fast skimmers. And I'm not 100% on the MUST come from reserve part, I'll have to double check tonight.
Posted Image

#22 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Why are you complaining about flyers from reserve? They can move 36'!!! You'll be on top of them straight away in 2nd or 3rd turn.

I have the problem that my entire army is usually in a Storm Raven and only half that can go in reserves :(

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#23 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Not to mention that three glancing hits on a Stormraven wrecks it ;)

#24 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

AYeah but now they needed 6's to hit and I THINK I get a cover save for going flat out on the full 36', not sure though, Im only up to page 30

Posted Image

#25 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Wow flyers move 36". You see this is why I need to buy a copy of the rules. That's cool!
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#26 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

It does that but ALL transports suck now (except Drop Pods, they always have been and will be awesome), you can only disembark if the transport has moved no more than 6' :(

Posted Image

#27 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Surely with storm raven you can use skies of blood special rule? And ditch units along patch
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#28 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Not sure you can do it in flyer mode. i know you can do it in hover mode where your a fast skimmer, but I think the speeds of fast skimmers have been dramaticly decreased though.

Posted Image

#29 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Power Maul for the win! I'm gonna give my Space Marine captain one. He'll be hitting at regular initiative, S6, AP4, plus 1 attack for also having a pistol. And anyone he wounds and doesn't kill is Initiative 1 the following turn.
Posted Image

#30 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Khan The Betrayer: I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE! What they have done to him is HORRIBLE. Im gonna say one thing:

Power Axe.

Posted Image

#31 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

So, does he count as having a power axe? 
I see they've made them AP2, +1 strength, but the unwieldy (initiative 1) kinda sucks
Posted Image

#32 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm not sure I like where my Banshees are left now... Fleet doesn't work properly, so they're DEFINITELY getting shot at one way or the other, then, to compound these problems, power swords are now AP3? Really? pffff. I may have to go and buy new models... Like a shit load of Wraithguard and Fire Dragons. Saying that, I like the new Psychic powers, and I like Overwatch and snap-shooting. I call bullshit on the 'Dispel any psychic power on a 6' thing though, that's just... well, bullshit. :)
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#33 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

says the psychic loaded eldar player ;). I play Space Marines, Orks, and Dark Eldar, so psykers aren't one of my prime concerns, lol
Posted Image

#34 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

So in short: Combat Armies Suck, Transports Suck for combat Armies, Everyone is too scared to assualt a DAKA DAKA army, Flyers cant die. Ever..., and Tau will now win every game.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE 40K UNIVERSE!!! D=

Posted Image

#35 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

So in short: Combat Armies Suck, Transports Suck for combat Armies, Everyone is too scared to assualt a DAKA DAKA army, Flyers cant die. Ever..., and Tau will now win every game.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE 40K UNIVERSE!!! D=

Due to the way gamesworkshop fluffed the tau they were bound to win in the end anyways since they really dont have the drawbacks the imperium has *cant remember how to reverse engineer ancient tech, eventually duleted to nothing gene seeds after so many 1,000's of years, they cant even remember how to make a dreadnaught, how do they even remember to make a freaken bolter? or there beds for that matter??? They also do not exspand in new sciences to develop new tech like the tau*

So when gamesworkshop made the tau they pretty much broke the whole power balance in the 40k universe, tau can recruit all races that are sensable enough to be able to use diplomacy. Heck, the tau could one day end up with a chapter of rogue space marines and reverse engineer all of there gear. They already have worlds inhabited by humans under there command. So yea, games workshop pretty much screwed over the imperium with there creation. 

AYeah but now they needed 6's to hit and I THINK I get a cover save for going flat out on the full 36', not sure though, Im only up to page 30

Same rule should apply for a cover save that applies to my raven wing moving full range, they get one. Because your a fast moving target your harder to hit basicly.
Posted Image

#36 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Power Maul for the win! I'm gonna give my Space Marine captain one. He'll be hitting at regular initiative, S6, AP4, plus 1 attack for also having a pistol. And anyone he wounds and doesn't kill is Initiative 1 the following turn.

I'm pretty sure power mauls will be initiative 1. (unwieldy)
The Lord of all humanity has my eternal allegiance.

#37 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

This is very disappointing. I really do not like SUX edition oppsss I mean six. :-/
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#38 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Well.... I really like the new rules. I play all but three of the armies in the game and I really can't see the new rules ruining any single army out there. Let's take for instance melee armies - you actually get to charge on average one inch further because the average roll of 2d6 is 7. I believe that overwatch just makes sense in the fact that if you were running at me with a glowing sword of death I would point at you with my gun and open fire.
Shooting armies - let's face it. The rules have made the Necrons and the Tau a viable option now (oh no... you mean they're actualy making their armies worth buying now). I believe that the Tau are now usable without a new codex at all (though I hope for one soon). and the Crons, although good in 5ed, will be much better now. They really would just get hacked and slashed to death if it weren't for the new rules even thought they have a new codex.
Vehicles- I think it was a lateral shift for vehicles in the new rules. They aren't better or worse unless you are fighting the necrons(which i think are made to destroy vehicles quickly so deal with it). A lascannon, melta, or Rail gun still has a chance to destroy outright but the glancing rule gives vehicles a survivability and extended usefulness that they needed against such hits. I can't tell you how many glancing hits i've had even with my rail guns. (a lot)
As for melee you really have to strategize and not just point and click anymore. I think it will be fine you just need to fine tune your abilities and make your army work together.
Melee was just to overpowered in the 5ed especially units that could come in from behind you and charge (space wolf scouts) I stopped playing in my local tourneys cause of that sort of stuff. The Tau had no chance against that stuff until now.

I'm going to stop ranting for now but I really love the new rules and think it made the whole game better.

#39 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

ok maybe i'm not done ranting. For those complaining about only being able to disembark from a vehicle that moved 6" or less try it. Get in a box truck and open the door and jump out while the truck is moving cruising speed. that is what the game represents. the vehicle is not represented as moving 12" then stopping to let passengers off. It is represented as moving 12" until you change it's speed next turn.
We can use the same illustration of the box truck for charging out of a vehicle. By the time you get the door open, get out, and get a quick glance of the battle field you will be able to shoot but would probably not have the time or desire to hurl your body at the enemy. now ride in a haywagon where yoiu can see all the is going on, already know where the enemy is, and already have a plan of attack, then you would hop out shooting and charge as in the case with an opentopped vehicle.

#40 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'm pretty sure power mauls will be initiative 1. (unwieldy)

Power Mauls arent Unwieldly fortunatly, its AP 4, +2 Str, and Concussive, so survivers of a hit are initiative 1.

Posted Image

Change Theme!