73 replies to this topic

#21 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Eheh...guilty of taking a heavy bolter on Hab Center and sitting at the left hand exit to the Space Marine spawn and catching them as they teleport in during a Seize Ground game.

I don't do it anymore, it was around the time I also used that auto-brace glitch every game, I think back in November. Got soooooooo much hate for it, and was praised by my previous chapter master for pissing them off.

I think I'm semi-respectable now though! *shoots Wraith out of the sky as soon as he comes out of the spawn*
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#22 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

As stated by Dan it is generally used as an excuse by people who were beaten back point by point. The only time ive seen spawn camping occur is when the losing team sits in the spawn firing out. There are always atleast three exits to the spawn, one is never covered so why not use that. I think the biggest problem is new players think this game will be like MW3 or something like that.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#23 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Some of us still don't know the maps that well. I couldn't even put the names with the maps if I had to except the bridge and manufactorum. So what happens is I try to follow my team until they disperse then I just end up running around trying to stay alive. Sometimes this leads to me staying high and looking for targets. I've killed two or three guys before when I didn't even realize I was in their spawn.

I think I'm gonna die, trying anyway...

#24 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Let me start this off by saying I'm not naming names or chapters. This was not a match against chapters, it was purely random.

I had the pleasure today of being in a party today with Astartes from three different chapter. Now it was fun at first, but I had to stay quite with my baby sleeping. Sure enough the players used what I expected, but no matter. What bothered me when the opposing team made up of pure randoms level 5-25 were clearly out matched against us. Did brothers in this group hold back and not spawn camp? The two Fists, of course we wanted to give new players a chance. In my opinion there was no need to press forward and spawn camp then with rapid deploy Melta, VL and assault support. Why not let them try and have some fun and attack us.

Not wanti[ng] to start a fight I kept my feelings hidden

It's on us as veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls as soon as they start.

Firstly i would like to draw your attention to the first part i have highlighted in the quoted post. According to your own statement you were also taking part in this "spawn camping" but when you got bored of it you backed down and assumed everyone would follow in your path which obviously wasn't the case as they may still have been having fun. Further more do you not see it as contradicting yourself accusing someone of spawn camping when, according to you, so where you.

It is just your opinion. There is no right or wrong way to attack the enemy and if they are being pushed so far back to their own spawn point its is hardly going to alter the result of the game by giving them some ground, not to mention it is hard to distinguish defending the first/last capture zone and spawn camping as many people have said.

You don't know if they are having fun. Maybe they are but maybe they are not, in either case you stopped as you said you weren't having fun anymore but perhaps the winning team was, but backing off to let the opposing team cover some ground may not sound like fun to some.

If you kept your feeling hidden then why the post describing your feelings? Is that not contradictory yet again?

It is NOT upto Veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls as soon as they start. Its upto veterans to play the game they paid for in whichever way they want.

Whatever your intentions are for starting this thread you should be aware that you are not in charge of other people and what they do in a game is up to them, regardless of your opinion.

#25 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I mean don't get me wrong, I hate getting a melta up my rump as soon as I spawn, but isn't there a set of tactics to counteract this strategy? I mean we can beat this. I may not have the best skills but with good teamwork we could break people from trying this.

Dictate class: call two members to spawn in as weapon variety melta/storm bolter. Close quarters solved. They overlap fire and get two melta shots for the price of one and fall back to storm bolters. Or close range plasma cannons. Two of those would severely deter any spawn campers.

Now I definitely see what Gerhart is saying about using this on new players and randoms. Honestly, I don't see the value for a 41 to dominate a group of new players anyway. There is no prestige mode or any incentive to keep killing these players. I will say from the perspective of a newbie to the game, getting killed a lot teaches me what not to do, but you can't learn NOT to die from something you have no defense against. If spawn camping works against 41's then its obvious a lvl 5 isn't gonna have a chance.

So um, I just had a debate with myself and countered all my own points.... I think that qualifies me to be the president.

#26 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

lol Codicier, I believe you may misunderstand Gerharts words there man.

Ger saying "it was fun at first", is pertaining to him enjoying the game play with the guys he was playing with, not the spawn camping. I do not believe a man that does not like spawn camping to be one to actually be doing it himself....

If a team is being beatin good enough that you COULD spawn camp them, why would you want to? Does it really matter if they hold their base point as long as you win the game?

"You don't know if they are having fun. Maybe they are but maybe they are not," -Who here likes being spawn camped? Dernski does not lol ;)

"If you kept your feeling hidden then why the post describing your feelings? Is that not contradictory yet again?"- This comment here sounds a little antagonistic to me. Gerhart did say he needed to remain quiet for his baby man. He openly speaks on the subject now, after some reflection it seems.

"It is NOT upto Veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls as soon as they start. Its upto veterans to play the game they paid for in whichever way they want." I half way agree here lol. I did pay $65
for the game, but im not going to play it just run dudes into the ground.

Annnnd as he stated it is an opinion, but an opinion in which a lot of people respect. Apparently you do not?

In my opinion<---- theres that word again :0 I don't like spawn camping, so i'm not going to do it to others. What you do(general to everyone) is your business. The Dark Angels will not sspawn camp others. I believe us to be tactically better then that.

Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#27 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Plus Dern is from Sparta, where folks know what picante sauce should taste like.

#28 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

damn right! We also know where to put our right foot!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#29 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Plus Dern is from Sparta

I'm sure that the Spartans Camped in a narrow corridor.... Just saying.
Postad bild

#30 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah but the Persians didn't spawn there, I mean technically the Spartans camped their own spawn and pushed them off of their first capture point;)

#31 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Spawn camping works both ways. Shooting out is as bad as shooting in.
Postad bild

#32 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Am I the only one here who doesn't give two flying shits about spawn camping?

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#33 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Generallly the only time players shoot from inside the spawn is when they have had their shit pushed in :) lol but that is a general rule there, not 100%. I have seen randos doing that but my gueess is that they are like 10 yrs old Oo

#34 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Again, the Persians "shot", the Spartans had swords lol

And that beardy guy that gets laid a lot.

Overall this was a terrible analogy.... plus Xerxes was a giant fruit bat with lots of elephants and.... wait, that's a comic book. Never mind.

Nope, I don't really care about it either Epica, but I really love debating and this is such an easy thing to get heated up about lol

#35 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

?????

Are we back here again on this topic. You all really like your bugbears don't you.

Horse - Dead - Flogged - Quit it.
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#36 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

If a team is being beatin good enough that you COULD spawn camp them, why would you want to? Does it really matter if they hold their base point as long as you win the game?

I don't know why people do it, i assume there are several reasons why each person does it, getting perks or because its fun come to mind. If the aim of the game was not to capture their base point it would not be possible captured it, which in turn would make them useless and should have been left out of the game with only 1 or 2 capture points to be contested, depending on the map.

"You don't know if they are having fun. Maybe they are but maybe they are not," -Who here likes being spawn camped? Dernski does not lol ;)

I don't know, which is why i would never say they hate it, nor like it.

"If you kept your feeling hidden then why the post describing your feelings? Is that not contradictory yet again?"- This comment here sounds a little antagonistic to me. Gerhart did say he needed to remain quiet for his baby man. He openly speaks on the subject now, after some reflection it seems.

I doubt he was referring to starting a fight with his baby.

"It is NOT upto Veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls as soon as they start. Its upto veterans to play the game they paid for in whichever way they want." I half way agree here lol. I did pay $65

I must have missed the fineprint on the reverse of the cover where it states that it is upto veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls.

Annnnd as he stated it is an opinion, but an opinion in which a lot of people respect. Apparently you do not?

I respect his opinion, but assuming his opinion is correct and trying to enforce that on others is out of line.

#37 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I dunno who Codicier is, but that baby comment was funny (because either he misunderstood or meant it to be humorous, it was funny funny funny)

I think Gerhart was saying he was being quiet while playing the game because his baby was sleeping. As in child/infant/ small, ill-tempered humans. Then later he posted here to call some folks out for being dickish in-game.

Anyone who is proud to be a dick and will openly argue that bad sportsmanship is fun and their right, shouldn't be wearing space marine colors from any legion. Sounds like a very chaotic and cold-hearted view to me.

#38 Brother Urias

Brother Urias

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

I can be guilty of holding the objective near the spawn but thats kind of a default play setting for me. The way i was trained with my team was simple
Capture A, move, move to B. Once B was capped hold it or supply suppressive fire or support fire. If the attack on C is going well i will move up, find a spot i can defend, set up shop and give them hell. If there is no attack on C but B is getting a beating i will go to C, cap it and try to devert the enemy towards me.
As i said these are default tactics, i dont really pay attention its more like autopilot so if an order comes through to pull back i will. I dont remember spawn camping or seeing it as i dont go up that far, just to the cap point but they were getting a pasting.
As for the "i bought it ill play it how i want" line, to that i say how old are you? If we beat the newbies senseless they will stop playing. Lvl41s might leave to when they get sick of the melta/vengeance/plascannon spawn/capture point spam. The space marine community is already small lets not completely destroy it. As someone else put it, no names mentioned (as i have none anyway) and its just an opinion but one that could be backed up with figures (i haven't looked but it feels like less people are playing it) . I love this game please dont kill it. I know the people on this site are better then this, i have played in games with you and seen what you can do with a basic level of maturity (yes i know... Me saying maturity but i did say basic :P) please dont prove me wrong

Oh and Chrisofari... I think... Why doesn't tapatalk let me veiw the thread while i type... Anyway! Yes if you eant tips or help with the maps let me know, gt ComradeUri and ill help anyway i can

Sent from the Crimson Fist's Chapter monastery, Rynn's World

Posted Image

#39 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

And flame war on in 5.....4....3....2....1...
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#40 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I must have missed the fineprint on the reverse of the cover where it states that it is upto veterans to NOT kick NEW players in the balls.

That's the best thing I heard all month.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

Change Theme!