73 replies to this topic

#61 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Flame war off in 5....4...3....2...1. :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#62 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

I may be late to the party here, but this is not the first time this has been brought up, I made this very same point in Ordo's thread not more then a month ago.

I agree with Gerhart 100% on this, but I'll save you all from another Mongo sized novel of a post.

Simply put, No one likes to play against a dickhead. DON'T BE A DICKHEAD

Just saying...
Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#63 Hudson

Hudson

Crimson Fists 4th Company Captain

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

I really hate custumers.

Well.... if you realy hate them you could quit. It is because of them you have a job so suck it up smile and say you love customers!!!
Posted Image
Live for your Brothers, Kill for the Emperor and Fight for the Fourth!

#64 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Wow some people really took this personal. Just wanted to clarify.

-My baby was sleeping

-I was having fun

-I never pressed forward to camp

- I watched as superior players pressed forward with no mercy

- I said "damn y'all show no mercy at all" 2 to three times

- I received no reply

-Combo of holy shit this is lame and daughter woke up I left. Stated to people in party. Again recieved no reply.

-Thought about it awhile and decided I would talk about it

-on my iPod and I have man hands so please excuse all typos

-play how you want have at it. Like i said though our community is small, not this community the Space Marine community. I love seeing new players, I also choose to show them some mercy.

-Since when is giving a bunch of new players a chance a bad thing? God forbid we show some sportsmanship. It's kind of like how in football when your up by a bunch you don't run up the score.

-I learned and used sportmanship at an early age that's a fault of mine.

-again enjoy curb stomping new players into the ground. It's your game after all, I just tried to appeal to a sense of honor. Either you have it or you do not. :)

-I love how all the Fists had the most off the fucking wall post :)

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#65 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Okay one more thought, sorry brain is working a little slow now long day and all.

I have NO issues wih spawn camping or being spawn camped in chapter matches. lord knows the Scars have beat the hell out of us enough. But it was not them doing that, that angered me in games. No, it was teammates not listening or not changing classes to combat I that frustrated me. A team as good as the Scars or Blood Angels you only have one way to get them out of your spawn point and that is to stretch the field. When teammates dont do this or don't listen or can't hear over the profanity of shit hitting the fan. That's my fault as a leader. If I can't get a full group of 8 to organize a defense what hope to randoms and new players with no mics have?

Ok that's it, promise I'm done till someone decides to quote and tear apart my post piece by piece ;).

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#66 Sidller

Sidller

No

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

I agree with you Gerhart. giving those who haven't mastered the game yet a fighting chance really does help raise moral when they get so close to a win, even if they never do!

With yall's spiral testing i would guess that some players stand out, personally went 9-10 losing, with very little play time online.

Perhaps training or tips while playing are needed for those who cant keep up with the masters.

#67 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

I have to say, Gerhart is one of the scant few within this community that has truly proven their honor both in game and in life, and one of an even smaller number to have rightfully earned my respect. Everyone here could stand to emulate his outlook and attitude when it comes to matters within this community, and life itself.

Gerhart, thanks for balancing the scales.

Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#68 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

Mongo remembered kumbaya motherfuckers! Yay lol
that was one of my first memories here
I think I'm gonna die, trying anyway...

#69 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

We get new players cause we kick ass!

Not through spawn campin though. Just through sheer force of will!!!

Actually I think it's because your egos are so huge new players get sucked into your gravitational pull :D

Oooooh get her!!!!

Look at my back all scratched up.

Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#70 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

If you remove the "u", he's just "sperman" which is funny, but not all that heroic.
I think I'm gonna die, trying anyway...

#71 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Its this simple. Objective take all points. End of argument.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#72 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Come on guys, let's not start mud slinging.

Opinions and assholes blah blah blah.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#73 Genie of Funk

Genie of Funk

Meatshield

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Fan base and game sales will drive new DLC and, dare we hope?, Space Marine II - please consider that before crushing your level 7 opponents into the ground...

I don't expect that every player will share the same opinions about what constitutes a valid strategy, but I would like to think our best players will recognize the fact that people who have a good experience playing are likely to come back for more...

Nothing makes me sadder than seeing a game finish and 6-10 people immediately drop from the game roster - it usually means people weren't having fun; if you are running a group, consider splitting your group in half and picking up some of the new people - you might even find some winners in the bunch for your chapter!
Genie of Funk, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Apr 2012.

#74 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

The objective isn't necessarily to take all points. It's to control more points for more time than your opponent. You can leave their home point completely alone and still shut them out. You can easily win without controlling every other point for the entire game as well. If they're that new at the game that you can spawn camp them the whole match, what's the likelyhood that they'd actually beat you if you let them get some points? I see low levels on all the time, and I hope those players come back to the game and keep playing it, so I'd rather not make them quit from frustration when I know they aren't going to beat the team i'm on anyway.
Posted Image

Change Theme!