#IllumiGothic

#103 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 29 januari 2012 - 10:59

Well done Nox! Even though its traitors you do a great job.

Postad bild
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#104 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 01:59

Legion and D'ex encountered no resistance as they traversed the decks to one of the many ammo lockers located around the vessel. D'ex tried the access panel, but the door remained firmly shut. Seeing no other alternative Legion slid his powersword through the gap to pry the doors apart before D'ex and he slid the doors slowly open, their genehanced muscles straining under the effort.

"What is your plan? Take their stores?" D'ex asked.

"No. That, and leave a present behind." So saying D'ex and Legion began to scour the massive chamber for anything of value. It did not take long for the two marines to load up on what little there was of value to them. Legion then proceeded to pile up the remaining munitions to form a makeshift explosive of tremendous magnitude. He rigged a small detonator to keep on his person.

"I hope this works."

"Me too." Added D'ex as they surveyed their handiwork and prepared to exit. That was when the door they were about to exit through opened suddenly. Standing before them were several Ogryn's and Squats, a diminutive race the Imperium had come across and absorbed into their ranks for their technical know-how.

"Y'er not supposed to be in here!" One Squat shouted. "Get 'em!" He commanded of the massive Orgryns. Legion fired off a couple plasma rounds into the first Ogryn. It roared in pain, but kept coming slamming hard into Legion and tearing him off of his feet. D'ex fared only slightly better landing two shots in one's leg bringing it to the floor, before he too was slammed into.

Legion knew his advantage lay in his sword, but the massive Orgryn was on top of him, hammering away at his armor. He gave silent praise that the beast had only its fists. Carefully twisting his body under the fury of blows he shifted his weight and pushed hard. The Ogryn tumbled off of him and Legion leaped to his feet. The remaining Ogryns had grabbed whatever was nearest at hand, while the Squats made frantic dashes to other parts of the armory. D'ex was pinned under an Ogryn unloading shells into the beast's stomach as it roared in anguish.

Legion backed away, pistol held at the ready as the unarmed Ogryn was joined by three others wielding various tools; spanners, wrenches, and prybars. As he took a step back he noticed the two Squats had returned. One was driving a loading suit, the other had outfitted himself with a powerfist and what appeared to be an inferno pistol. That did not bode well.

"D'ex, we need to get out of here now." Legion suggested. As he did so, D'ex extricated himself from the ruined mass of Ogryn. It was then that the Orgyns charged again. Legion backed away furiously firing his pistol. Blasts of plasma hit steadily, melting flesh and eating through the tough Ogryn physique, but they charged on. Legion then let his sword talk for him. With expert skill and grace he slashed the first Ogryn to ribbons, but his blade could only move so fast. He parried an incoming spanner, then stepped back from prybar blow aimed for his helmet. Glancing past his struggle he saw that the Squats had moved in on D'ex.

D'ex fired a volley at the powerfisted Squat, but each shot that he aimed true stuck an shield that shimmered and crackled with power.

"Refracter Field." He voxed. So saying he began to back quickly towards the way they had come in firing off a few shots towards the Ogryns assaulting Legion. Realizing the battle was turning against them Legion slashed out at the leg of the already wounded one, taking it to ground before retreating.

"Spuds." He voxed. "We have had to detour. Finding a new route to you."

"Sergeant Nosk, status report." Othrim ordered once he had returned to the bridge.

"Encountered heavy resistance. Utilizing alternative route." Came the clipped response.

"Position." There was a moment of hesitation from the other side before Nosk replied.

"Port side, deck seventeen, torpedo fire control."

"Brace for impact. Maglocks on." Othrim said quietly. Cutting off the transmission he addressed the bridge. "Fire on these coordinates. Let us reduce the defenders and let the air in a bit."

"Brace for impact?" Yapay asked, turning on his maglocks. No sooner had they done so then the ship shook violently. The lasfire that had been pursuing them halted briefly. It was then that one of the walls near them ruptured sending them slamming against the still present bulkhead. The vacuum of space then began to claim its prize. The Night Lords watched as horrified men were dragged forcefully down the hall and out. Their skin froze over before they exploded from the lack of a pressurized environment.

"Not the most subtle tactic." Yapay commented.

"But effective." Nosk interjected. "Our proceedings should be easier now."

"Apart from the airlock doors that will close." Nox added.

"I think I can open those." Said Yapay as he pointedly flexed his powerfist. Nox simply shook his head as they renewed their progress. The heavy footfalls of their armor rendered silent by the void.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#105 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1 131 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 02:07

Oh I do live these stories
Posted Image

#106 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 02:19

An awesome addition comrade. (orgyns for the win!)

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#107 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 373 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 03:00

awesome as always nox :)
Posted Image

#108 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 03:19

Tearing it up Nox, well done.

Postad bild
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#109 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 03:20

These are always so good!
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#110 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3 234 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 09:41

Wohoo nice. I was thinking Legion was gonna get a battering lol
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#111 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1 027 inlägg

Postad 30 januari 2012 - 05:46

Lol oh don't worry. The crowd is going to be thinned out a little.

#112 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 286 inlägg

Postad 31 januari 2012 - 06:55

Fantastic! Nox, have you thought about putting all these snippets together and save it as a PDF? Good ol' Adobe.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#113 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 12:30

"My lord, our reports indicate that there are four separate parties of raiders aboard." Lieutenant Kreskin reported, standing rigidly at attention.

"I see." Came the low emotionless response. "And this is of concern to me why? Your men should be able to handle simple raiders."

"Under normal circumstances, yes lord." The lieutenant nodded in agreement, the motion was barely perceptible. "These are not normal circumstance, however." He continued.

"Not normal? I am intrigued, lieutenant. Continue."

"They are Excommunicatus Traitoris." The lieutenant finally said, dreading the response.

The man before him stood slowly at this news. Rising from his chair with purpose, his shoulders set, and a grim expression written across his scarred face.

"This news should have been brought to me sooner. I will have words with your Captain." Making his way across the room he slid open a door to a chamber with two reclining figures in unusual attire. "Gather your weapons, we have work to do." In silence both figures nodded and set about their tasks. The man turned back to the lieutenant who was still at attention.

"Now, inform your men that I will be joining them wherever the largest group has been spotted."

"Yes, Inquisitor Varren." The man saluted and turned.

"We are not waiting anymore." Spuds told Priest who had taken to scrawling designs across the walls and floor of their defensive position using the blood and entrails of those they had slain. "Our brothers cannot be too far from our position. We shall meet them."

"Meet them. Meet our doom. Doom and death. Death and despair. Brothers long gone, brothers that did not see the light." Spuds waited as Priest rambled his way to silence.

"Grab your weapons, we are moving out." So saying Spuds turned and began his slow steady death march pace down the hall. He could feel the residual reverberations of combat on the other levels. Legion had failed to find a way to them, so it stood to reason some of the conflict was theirs. The fact that their other brothers had not reached them yet meant that there was heavy defensive measures holding them up. The logical answer then was to work their way to where the fighting was thickest.

As he slowly progressed down the halls he heard voices in the vicinity. His enhanced hearing easily picked them out even on the other side of a steel bulkhead. Stepping up to the wall he lowered his melta and fired. There was a muffled scream as the weapon ate through the wall and burned the men on the other side to nothing. Spuds did not relish the pain he inflicted. He no longer relished anything.

"One is here." Priest suddenly announced stopping in his tracks. "One of them. They think they know, but they do not. We must make haste. Haste." Priest began to pick up the pace. "Death. Death comes." Spuds could only follow along at his slow trudge as Priest frantically looked around and fidgeted.

Spanning the width of the hall was a makeshift barricade of steel. A squad of men were defensively deployed behind the obstacle. Lasguns, meltas and plasmaguns were leveled as a single figure slowly approached down the hall. The figure moved slowly at first, just a vague silhouette. When the first lasgun shot rang out the figure accelerated. The first steps were a bit faster, but with each successive footfall the massive armored figure moved faster and faster towards the defending men. Shots began to fire in earnest as the hulking shape closed the distance. In the illumination of their energy weapons red smears across deep blue armor were visible in flashes that faded as quickly as they had come. Then it roared.

Joker leaped the last fifteen feet. His armor a mess of scarring from lasgun and plasmagun shots that had failed to find his swiftly moving form. Chainsword in one hand, and combat knife in the other he sailed up and over the makeshift wall to land amidst the imperials. The massive Astartes combat knife struck out impaling an Imperial through the chest. A melta came to bear on him, but his hand shot out grabbing the barrel and redirecting the devestating shot into the soldier's unit. Joker's chainsword ripped back around, decapitating the meltagunner before pulling his knife from the now falling body in which it was buried.

"Fear me mortals!" Joker shouted as his chainsword went to its bloody work. "I am death!"

Posted Image

#114 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1 027 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 12:41

Love it love it. Great work as always.

#115 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 12:48

I love alot. Alot of awesome. Awesome long due. Can't wait for next, no patience. *twitch* *twitch*

#116 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 01:04

Amazing!
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#117 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 04:06

"Something does not feel right." Nox said as they moved steadily through the winding passages of the ship, weapons held at the ready.

"What now?" Yapay said exasperatedly. "You have been in an ill mood for sometime now."

"These Imperials are putting up a rather stoic fight." Baek chimed in.

"For mortals perhaps." Yapay countered. "I suggested we turn and forget this ever happened, but you," His armored finger jabbed out towards Nox, "insisted we continue to find our wayward brothers."

"It is irrelevant now." Nosk shot back at them. "We are here now, we are going to finish what we started."

"Perhaps we should turn this around then." Nox offered. "We have been meandering the passages trying to find our brothers. Instead let us allow them to come to us."

"What do you have in mind?" Nosk inquired.

"If we split up, one team can make its way to a defensible position while the other sows terror into these mortal fools. No more fighting our way through the halls, we set up something familiar and let our brothers come to us." Nox offered.

"All right." Nosk nodded, feeling anything was better than fighting through the halls. "Baek and I will find a chokepoint and hold, you and Yapay go to work." He ordered.

"Ave Dominus Nox." Yapay and Nox responded. As Baek and Nosk strode off Nox checked his weapons and relished the chance to fight on his terms. They would show the Imperials what fear was.

"You notice he always pairs me with you?" Yapay said as they strode off.

"Is that a problem?" Nox asked offhandedly, unconcerned with the actual response.

"No, I just think he has a problem with me."

"A very astute observation." Nox agreed.

"Turn and fight, this was a poor decision." Legion cursed. His armor was charred and battered from the ongoing skirmishes with Imperials on the decks. There seemed to be no end to them, that being the case it was only a matter of time before they got lucky. The only chance he had was to find the other Night Lords and get off of the Imperial ship. D'ex followed silently, his bolter scanning everywhere watching for any sign of movement.

"Legion, we have incoming." D'ex said, his bolter fixed down the hall. They could hear heavy footfalls coming their direction.

"Is that an Astartes?" Legion asked, then checking his helmet readouts discovered it was not one of his. "Ave Imperator?" He called out cautiously, the words catching in his throat. The figure charged at that moment. It was covered in blood, but where the blood had flaked off could be seen the midnight blue of the Night Lords.

"Hold brother! Ave Dominus Nox." Legion called relieved, but the Night Lord did not stop. He barely brought his powersword up in time to meet the chainsword blow. D'ex backed away, trying to get a bead on the attacker.

"What are you doing?" Legion asked, desperately fending off the furious barrage of blows that came at him. Finally seeing an opening he deftly sidestepped a mighty downward swing, throwing his assailant off-balance. Legion followed up with a hard shoulder, slamming his attacker into the wall. The man seemed dazed for a moment, but it turned swiftly only to see the point of Legions sword a scant distance from his face. Legion could hear the heavy breathing through the vox unit begin to slow.

"Brother?" Legion tried again.

"J-Joker." The man snarled, as though words were something foreign and new to him. Lowering the sword Legion offered a hand. Joker took it slowly, and rose.

"Brother Joker. This is D'ex, and I am Legion." Joker did not respond to the introduction. "Where are the rest of your brothers, Joker?"

"I do not know." Joker said slowly, shaking his head. "I lost them." His gaze snapped up. "We came aboard for you." Legion watched as Joker went silent for a moment only then to be told that he had made contact with his unit and they exchanged frequencies. At least now they could all communicate. His helmet registered five new marines. Five?

"There are only five of you?" Legion asked over the vox, outraged.

"If that is a problem you are welcome to stay behind." Nosk voxed back.

"No, no. I was surprised that is all." Legion bit down his disappointment. "What are your coordinates?"

"Sector 4, 12th deck."

"Seems we have some distance to cover." Legion said, "Spuds, do you copy?"

"Yes Legion. On route." Spuds voxed back.

Posted Image

#118 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 04:11

Yeay new installment!
Silly joker.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

#119 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1 027 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 05:12

Oh ho ho. Nosk has a problem with me? Lol surprise surprise. (talking in story)

#120 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2012 - 09:43

What is my problem lol

Fallen Emperor's Champion J NOSK36
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic