289 replies to this topic

#221 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

The rhino rumbled to a halt and sputtered. Nox stood up and grabbed one of the handholds in the ceiling.

"Why have we stopped?" He called out.

"Ascent is too steep. We are going to have to proceed on foot." Baek responded. Nodding Nox turned back to the others.

"We best get moving then."

"Indeed." Othrim agreed lifting his large form from his seat in the rhino and moving towards the exit. Yapay tore his way out and the rhino shifted as the dreadnaughts bulk exited.

"That is a tough march." Hunko observed as he stepped out and looked up the plateau.

"Complaining?" Nox said as he marched past Hunko.

"No, just observing." Hunko said. "Staying and fighting is out of the question?" Spiny laughed aloud as he hefted his heavy bolter.

"There will be plenty more fighting. The Dark Angels will not just let us leave."

"So much for getting my hopes up." Siddicus added as he followed Nox.

Slowly the Night Lords began their progress up the plateau. Carefully making their way up the narrow steep paths of the rocky passages.

Nosk ran into the hanger as the ship rocked violently.

"Status report." He ordered over the vox link.

"Dark Angels vessel has opened fire." Nosk paused to think for a moment. He had to go down and pick up the other Night Lords, but the ship needed to be defended.

"Defense pattern Omicron Sigma." He ordered as he continued into the stormbird.

"Orders understood, Lord." The servitor responded.

Strapping in Nosk began the start-up systems for the stormbird and decided to forgo the preflight check. The Silent Shadow began to rumble as he started up the engines.

"This should be fun to come back to." He muttered as he gunned the stormbird forward. Before he even reached the edge of the hanger he could see the stars were whizzing across his vision. "Perhaps this was a bad idea." As soon as he cleared the hanger he dove, just barely missing the rapidly approaching gun turret of the Silent Shadow. Once clear of the ship he looked up to see the Night Lord vessel moving at speed.

"Just hope I can get back all right."

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#222 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Surprised my guy didn't destroy the Rhino sooner. Lol Crazed Dreadnought.

#223 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

Keep it coming.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#224 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Please sir can I have some more?

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#225 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

Dern exited the rhino as it screeched to a halt, and he surveyed the plateau. His face cracked into the slightest of grins.

"As expected." He paused. "Where is my strike team?"

"We are on route, Supreme Grand Master." Came the response. "ETA three minutes." Dern checked his chronometer, they would arrive before the Night Lords made the top.

"Men!" He shouted to the Dark Angels with him. "The Fallen is at hand." With that he stepped back into the rhino and grabbed a jump pack, strapping it onto his armor. Once satisfied that it was secure he hefted his mighty thunderhammer, the head of which was carved in the shape of a massive fist, energy crackling around it. The Dark Angels had also donned jump packs and saluted their leader.

"Follow me, FOR THE LION!" He roared and the Dark Angels shot skyward.

"Talon Lord." Siddicus said.

"What is it?" Othrim snapped back.

"The Dark Angels are following."

"They have been following, Siddicus." Pork said tiredly.

"I know, but now they have jump packs." Siddicus added. As one the Night Lords looked down and saw the bounding forms of the Dark Angels ascending the plateau.

"Double time, we cannot be caught on the heights." Othrim ordered as they pressed onward.

Nosk held on tight as the stormbird broke through the atmosphere. He plotted the course towards the Nemean Plateau, hoping that he could get there without being blasted to pieces, and that his brothers made it as well. Soaring through the sky he could see the devastation of the battle on the planet. Most notable were the portals opening across the world. Tainted warp rifts, no doubt the Iron Warriors seeking escape in the wake of their destroyed fleet. Nosk made a face at the thought of using such foul and sorcerous means.

The console suddenly came to life, and Nosk checked the read out. Two thunderhawks were being picked up on the stormbird's scanners, and they were on a direct path to the Nemean Plateau.

"No you will not." Nosk said as he banked hard and came at the first thunderhawk, strafing it with autocannon fire. The thunderhawks broke formation, but only the fired on vessel turned to fight, the other pressed onward. Nosk was sure that this was an intercepting force, so his brothers still lived. In a desperate maneauver Nosk pulled up, making a loop up around the thunderhawk that remained behind, and opened fire with short controlled bursts of the autocannons. They high caliber shells tore into the armored vehicle. Upon seeing flames go up from it Nosk kicked the stormbird forward picking up speed. As he overtook the thunderhawk it fired off a shot from its massive thunderhawk cannon hitting the aft section of the stormbird. The craft shook violently and warning claxons blared.

"I know." Nosk said as he struggled to control the ship. "Just a bit farther."

Othrim and the others crested the top of the plateau. Immediately Baek and Spiny set up firing positions, raining deadly fire down upon the pursuing Dark Angels who were forced to take cover.

"That should buy us some time. Where is Nosk?" Nox asked.

"Sergeant, location." Othrim ordered. Before he could get a response lascannon fire cut across the ground sending the Night Lords scattering. Another blast fired down sending Hunko flying towards the edge of the plateau. Siddicus dove and grabbed Hunko's arm.

"I am surprised you saved me." Hunko said as he looked at the massive drop below.

"So am I." Siddicus added.

The thunderhawk that had opened fire touched down. In short order its ramp dropped and a squad of Dark Angels advanced out in organised fashion, bolters firing clipped rounds. They were met by the massive armored form of Yapay bearing down on them at full steam.

"DIE Loyal dogs!" The dreadnaught shouted as its powerclaw hand tore one Dark Angel to bits. There came a bit of static that followed, sounding almost like laughter.

"We have another means to get out now." Nox pointed out.

"But you cannot leave." A grim voice said as a massive form descended from the sky and slammed down next to Nox. He rolled aside, coming up with his sword in hand. Other Dark Angel figures were slamming down on the plateau as well from the ensuing chaos. It was then that Nox's vox sprang to life.

"Take cover if you can." Nosk's voice said. No sooner had they heard the words then the stormbird slammed into the plateau. The thunderhawk was knocked aside as the wreck tore across the ground taking several Dark Angels with it as it slid on its path and over the edge. Nosk managed to roll free.

The imposing Dark Angel before Nox was unphased. He swung his might hammer and Nox parried, but the blow sent him back several paces, leaving a sting in his hand. Trying a different approach Nox feinted and when the hammer moved to intercept Nox trapped the head and drove it to the ground. Slamming is foot overtop of it to keep it down Nox felt he had his opponent trapped. The dark green helmet slammed into his own, he stepped back dazed as a gauntleted fist followed up sending him to one knee. Nox looked up again just in time to see the hammer coming down and roll aside.

When Nox stood, Othrim was beside him.

"Get the thunderhawk ready for take off." Othrim ordered. Nox hesitated for a moment, then nodded.

"You will not leave this planet traitor." Dern said.

"I think you will find that not only shall I leave, but one day I shall return, and that day you shall scream my name." Othrim said in his quiet voice. Dern charged, hammer swinging inexorably behind him. Othrim stepped aside and swiped his claws at the Dark Angel's side, barely scraping his armor. Dern looked at the scars on his armor, then up at Othrim's face and scowled. The Talon Lord smiled.

"We are leaving, Night Lords." Nox called over the vox. "Get on board or your are getting left behind." He looked out and saw the furious exchange of blows between Othrim and Dern. It was like watching a shadow and a mountain do battle.

Othrim received notice that his men were on board, and knew he would follow suit. As brought in a powerful overhand strike Othrim deflected it ever so slightly, driving it to the ground. As he did he pulled out a blind grenade. Activating shielding on his visor he activated it between them. Dern reeled back shouting in frustration. Othrim took that opportunity to run for the thunderhawk. As he ran he saw Nosk had survived the crash, and was chasing after.

"Best move faster Sergeant." Othrim said as he ran, his armor carrying him forward. He made it up the ramp as the thunderhawk started to move, lifting into the air. Nosk dove, catching the edge of the ramp as it began to ascend.

"Cut it close, sergeant." Othrim said offering him a hand. The motion was too fast to track. One moment Nosk was holding onto the ramp and Othrim's clawed hand was outstretched, then Dern's form appeared behind Nosk propelled on flaming jets, reaching for the ramp and missing, but tearing Nosk off. The two figures fell to the ground.

Dern slammed back to the ground irritated at the escape of the Fallen. He looked down at the form of the Night Lord that he had grabbed. By the way he had fallen Dern suspected the traitor's back was broken. Slowly Dern circled, hefting his hammer.

"Loyalist dog." Nosk spat weakly. Dern put one armored boot upon the traitor's chest and slammed his hammer upon the marine's head obliterating it like a ripe melon.

Posted Image

#226 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Gallagher for the win!

Posted Image

#227 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

And so ends the mighty chapter of sergeant nosk. Still love the story

Faith is purest when it is unquestioned
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#228 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Sweet as always!, I require more Nox lol
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#229 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

This is awesome! My first time reading any of these. Very cool.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#230 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Lol you guys hold the end of the cliff. I'll take care for the entire squad of Marines from the Thunderhawk!

#231 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

The thunderhawk streaked skyward, with Nox at the helm. He anticipated little resistance due to the colors they bore. Nox's expression soured as they broke through the atmosphere and into space. It was not hard to spot the Silent Shadow, but he had serious reservations that they would be able to get on board.

"We might have a problem." Nox voxed. An annoyed Talon Lord marched into the cockpit.

"Why might there be a problem, Nox?" As he asked the Talon Lord looked out of the thunderhawk's viewport. "Ah, do your best." He said. It surprised Nox that the Talon Lord's tone was genuine. He nodded as the Night Lord commander made his way back into the main bay of the Dark Angel's craft.

"Strap in, we may be on our way to meet our father." Othrim said as he strapped his own massive bulk in. He glanced over at Spuds, Priest, and Joker. "Some of you to meet your gods." Priest hissed with his long serpentine tongue, before cackling maniacally.

"So we get saved. Only to die. Lovely." Siddicus said off-handedly.

"He said may." Hunko pointed out.

"Just once, can you two stay quiet." Pork interjected. Baek exchanged a glance with D'ex who simply shrugged. Spiny sat quietly holding his heavy bolter.

"Nothing to say?" Baek asked the Dark Angel.

"Not that will change anything." Spiny responded. A mechanical stutter uttered forth from Yapay. It almost sounded like laughter.

Back in the cockpit Nox banked hard as a lance strike tore through space near them. The Silent Shadow was moving at top speed and firing a steady barrage of death and destruction at everything near it. Holding the controls firmly Nox attempted his approach. He knew he would need to use as much intervening debris as possible to confuse the servitor controllers.

"I need to be as trash." He said aloud. "Perhaps we could have used Legion after all." Nox smirked before dismissing the thought, knowing he had to focus. Another lance strike went by, barely missing the thunderhawk, shaking the craft violently. The distance was closing, slowly, but surely. A weapons battery came to bear and opened fire, turning the space around the thunderhawk into a mealstrom of fire and death. Sirens blared as the thunderhawk took damage. The display alerted him to multiple fires breaking out, but he ignored them. Only a few hundred meters left to the hanger.

A lance blast cut through the thunderhawk, severing the vessel into two pieces. The twisted hunks of metal spun through space, into the hanger and slammed against the far wall with a crash. Slowly the debris began to move. A little at first, then more.

Figures emerged from the wreckage, their armor scarred and charred from their landing. Priest's deformed visage oozed purple blood, which he lapped at as he laughed. Spuds walked out, any damage he sustained indistinguishible from the horror of his deformed armor. Yapay shook off the wreckage like a dog shaking of water from a bath. D'ex, Baek, Hunko, Siddicus, Pork, and Othrim crawled from the wreckage, battered but not broken. Spiny's legs were crushed under a heap of metal, pinning him. After several attempts to remove him they deemed the only way to free him was to take the legs. Baek did the job, and with D'ex's help they quickly ushered the Dark Angel to the apothecarium.

In the other half of the wreckage they found Nox. His armor was blood stained, and he lay still. Slumped against a wall with sc*CENSORED*s and burns marring his midnight blue ceramite. Othrim reached out towards the Night Lord. His hand gently touched the armored pauldron of his long time fellow. Nox's hand shot up, bolt pistol in hand aimed at Othrim's face. Nobody moved.

"Apologies." Nox said as he lowered the pistol. "We should get out of here."

"This is Talon Lord Othrim." The Lord voxed to the bridge. "Take us into the warp."

Posted Image

#232 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

dear god if this does not turn into a black library novel i will be so mad haha great story nox, just cause you killed me off doesnt mean i have lost interest!
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#233 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

Sadly, I would be laughing maniaclly.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#234 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Still loving this great piece of art!
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#235 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

Bumped! Now get to work. 
Unlocked, now get to work.

Posted Image

#236 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Nox sat in his chambers noting the scars that marred his massive frame. Some legions would consider them badges of honor. He deemed them marks of shame. Each scar was an enemy that got too close, or a mistake her made. They lasted indefinitely, a constant reminder. Their escape from the overwhelming forces of the Dark Angels had been fortunate, but had not been without its own scars upon the legion. Sergeant Nosk had been lost, his geneseed forever taken from the Night Lords. Nox had no love for sergeant, whose demeanor often struck him as more suited to the Imperial Fists or Ultramarines rather then his dark brothers, but Nosk was a Night Lord, and his loss was felt. The Night Lords had also returned to find the tech adept slain in his chamber which he had turned into some monstrous mechanical laboratory. They had no way of knowing what the adept was working on, nor what had caused his slaying, but it was a lost asset, and the Night Lords valued their assets.

"Nox." A voice whispered over the vox.

"Yes, Talon Lord." Nox said tiredly, rising and beginning to don his armor.

"Join me on the bridge, we have plans to make."

Inquisitor Varren stared out the viewport of his vessel and scowled. Before him was the planet Quarred IV, a devastated husk. Fires still raged across the surface, visible from high orbit. Shattered vessels drifted slowly through the void trailing remains from their ruined hulls.

"Auspex information is coming in, Lord Inquisitor. Ships are from local system defense force, and others have idents marking them as ships of the traitor legions." The man's voice faltered ever so slightly upon speaking of the traitors.

"Which legion?" Varren asked steely, never taking his eyes from the ruin visible just before him.

The soldier checked his data slate for a moment before responding. "The Iron Warriors, Lord." As soon as the words were spoken Varren let out a roar of anger and whirled on the soldier, who in panic dropped the data slate and staggered backwards.

"They were here! I know they were!" He bellowed, turning back away from the aide and slamming his fists down on a console. Hard metal tore into soft flesh, tearing cuts into his hands and staining it with fresh blood. The Inquisitor took a few deep breaths, calming down as he did. "Prepare a team to go down to the surface."

"The surface lord?" The man asked confused, as he retrieved his data-slate. "Scans indicate no life signs on the planet surface."

"We are not looking for life." The Inquisitor said in a dangerous tone as he stood to his full height and turned towards the soldier. "We are looking for clues."

"Yes, Lord." The man hurriedly saluted and left for his duties. Alone in the room the Inquisitor moved back to view Quarred IV.

"You think you can escape me? You think to bloody me, take what is mine and flee like cowards? No. No I shall hunt you. I shall find you. And I shall bring the Emperor's justice to you." He reached out with his bloody hands and drew the Inquisitorial "I" upon the pane and smiled. "None may escape the Inquisition."

Posted Image

#237 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yay! They're back! Great stuff.
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#238 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Awesome as always!

Sent from the Melta practice chambers of the Righteous Truth

#239 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Welcome back nox, looking forward to seeing more. You still done the light blue? The darkness misses you.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#240 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hm, I think he is still mad about losing that sword. :D
Glad to see this came back :)

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...