289 replies to this topic

#181 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Nosk flew the Stormbird down through a hail of anti-aircraft fire. The flak rocked the ship as Nosk tried to keep it steady.

"Baek, any readings on Nox's location?" Nosk voxed scanning the horizon.

"I am picking up an energy signature that corresponds with the appropriate coordinates." Baek replied.

"Let us make for that then." Nosk said, banking towards the location Baek indicated.

"I hope all is well, Sergeant." Othrim called from the cargo area. "I did not come on this venture to have you add me to the scenery."

"Understood, Lord." Nosk affirmed, as he fought against the craft's controls. "I believe the Iron Warriors may have all ready filled the quota of fallen soldiers." His remark was met with silence. "Brace for a rough landing. We are coming down in ten."

Back in the main bay Othrim replaced the straps securing him to his seat. Carefully he affixed his helmet upon his master-crafted armor. The lenses cycled through their various spectrum until Othrim engaged preysight. In the red haze, he looked at each of his team, seeing their symbols and data register on the heads up display. D'ex, Priest, and Spuds were in their battle plate. The deformed Word Bearer left a foul taste in the Talon Lord's mouth. The Nurgle infested Night Lord was no better, perhaps worse, a Night Lord should know better than to succumb to the ruinous powers.

The ship bucked suddenly, and Othrim closed his eyes. He thought back to the great crusade when there were legions of troops at his disposal, now he commanded a broken ship with a shattered force of degenerates. It grated his nerves that Nox and Nosk were the truest Night Lords with him. He activated his vox.

"When we land, Baek and D'ex cover left. Priest and Spuds cover left. We will move by teams towards Nox's position. There we will join with the other Night Lords and make for the Nemian Plateau. Nosk head back to the Silent Shadow and ensure the Dark Angels have not blasted her out of the sky. Rendezvous with us at the Nemian Plateau in two hours. Is that understood?"

"Ave Dominus Nox." Came the nearly unanimous reply from the Night Lords. Priest merely snarled.

"We shall make the Dark Angels suffer as we did so long ago, but remember our strength is in fear. Strike where they are weak, and disappear when they are strong. They have the numbers, but we shall make them bleed." The others saluted sharply in response.

There was a thunderous crash as the drop pod slammed into the hard earth. With a hiss the doors released and a single figure strode from the dispersing mist of pressurized air. Dern surveyed the shattered remains of Quarred IV. It was satisfying to see the destruction his legion could bring to bear. The pitiful Iron Warriors and their allies were proving no match for the might of the Dark Angels. It was a shame that Imperial lives had to be sacrificed, but they were serving a greater good, protecting the history of the proud chapter.

"Master Dern." A voice called, the fellow was clad in green ceramite, his helmet missing Dern noticed.

"What news Sergeant? Have you located the Fallen?" Dern asked, looking past the marine to the smoke and explosions in the distance.

"We have reports of a sighting, Lord. He is currently located twenty-nine kilometers from our present location. The Fallen is holed up with Night Lord forces, we have been unable to bring more weight to bear with the Iron Warrior forces working against us in the main city and around the primary space dock."

"Inconsequential." Dern spoke. "The Fallen is what matters. We can blast the Iron Warriors to atoms form orbit for all they matter. The Fallen must be destroyed. Recall forces and converge." So ordering Dern made his way to a nearby rhino. "Mount up, we are moving out."

Spoiler

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#182 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Nice job Nox, as for my story I will try and figure it out this weekend on 3rd gets slow in the wee hours of the night. Perhaps you could help with some ideas, I have my outline written down for where I want to go with it but I'm kinda stuck.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#183 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Time to fry some Dark Angels!

#184 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yeeeeeaaaaaay! Thank you! :D

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#185 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

400 DA's just for little old me? I'm blushing.
I knew that 'Spiny the Fallen' stuff would come back to haunt me :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#186 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

400 DA's just for little old me? I'm blushing.
I knew that 'Spiny the Fallen' stuff would come back to haunt me :)

You can always stand behind me. lol

#187 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Nox you have the multitasking skills of a god haha mice job
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#188 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Geez dude, I just read all this. Beginning to the current. Pretty fuckin good I might add! If I can assist in using members of my chapter for characters let me know. I like how this is going.

Spiny, I'm gonna get ya, and take out a few NLs along the way! :-D
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#189 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Again nox great work, i enjoy reading your short stories. Im thinking of one right now.

And Dern, you would have to go through me. :D
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#190 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Othrim/dern faceoff?
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#191 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

J noooosk left, have fun :D

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#192 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

You seem so happy lol

Sent from the medical bay of the Silent Shadow
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#193 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Well nosk we may soon get another hunters story part and a character kill off, course were excited lol
Posted Image

#194 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Othrim/dern confrontation will be Epic!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#195 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I sense a case of crazed Dreadnought coming on!

#196 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Nosk is still on the pilot seat and I am closer.:D

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#197 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

A figure with a jetpack wearing the dark green of the Dark Angels landed amidst the Night Lords, knocking Siddicus off his feet. Nox turned towards the attacker a second slow, and the Dark Angel's power ax swung for his side slicing through armor with ease. With a gauntleted hand Nox grabbed the attacker's wrist stopping the swing with the blade buried in his side. His skull helmet jerked forward slamming into the Dark Angel's mask cracking the ceramite and stumbling the assault marine. As he stumbled, Nox raised his bolt pistol and fired several rounds into the marine's neck.

"They are getting closer." Spiny offered as observation between bursts of heavy bolter fire. Pulling the power ax free Nox looked at his heavily bleeding side, knowing that it would take more than his physiology to seal the wound.

"Really? I had not noticed." As he spoke, a beam of red light shot past, tearing a neat hole through their terrain and sizzling the very air.

"Predator Annihilator!" Hunko called out to the others. Spiny dove for cover as another lascannon shot tore through the air where he had just been.

"Yapay, care to handle this?" Nox asked the Dreadnaught. Without words the Dreadnaught turned from where it had been firing and crested the make shift cover, bringing its own lascannon to bear. The beam of energy sliced through the air and punched a neat whole in the sponson of the deep green tank. Suddenly the tank exploded in a violent display of fire and scrap metal.

"Wow, that was a nice shot." Pork said, genuinely surprised. It was then that another massive explosion rocked the Dark Angel forces. The Night Lords looked up to see a Stormbird bearing down on their position.

"That explains it." Siddicus said. The Stormbird only touched down for a moment. Four Night Lords and a Word Bearer emerged in quick order, weapons levelled and ready, before the Stormbird took to the skies once more, heavy weapons fire just missing the craft as it shot skyward.

"Situation, Nox." Othrim ordered as he approached, lightning claws discharging sparks of energy.

"Opposition is heavy, Talon Lord." Nox replied. "They seem determined to bring their weight to bear on us." As he spoke Othrim turned his gaze on Spiny, who simply gave a tiny wave.

"I see. Numbers?"

"We have done a good job of hurting them, but we are hopelessly outnumbered, and as time goes by they bring more and more to bear on us." Nox said.

"Get ready, we are moving out." Othrim ordered to all of the Night Lords.

"Pardon my saying, Talon Lord." Siddicus began, "But on foot if we leave this position we shall be gunned down in short order." Othrim's helmeted gaze lingered on Siddicus briefly before he moved to one of the barricades and stood upon it. A few shots struck his armor, but he seemed unperturbed.

"Baek, suppressive fire 0300." Othrim ordered. Without questioning Baek moved up and readied his plasma cannon. He fired off three quick bursts of superheated plasma. As the other Night Lords watched a Dark Angels rhino just missed the first blast and cornered sharply to avoid the others. Othrim was up and moving, Nox, and D'ex hot on his heels. The Talon Lord easily covered the distance under enemy fire. The ramp was coming down as Othrim dove for it, he was met by bolter fire that bounced harmlessly off of his terminator armor. His claws effortlessly tore through the marines inside.

"We have a transport. Get moving." Othrim ordered to the other Night Lords.

Dern arrived at a war torn battle scene, but the firing had ceased.

"I do not hear the sounds of battle here." He muttered. Turning to one of the sergeant present he bore down on the man "Sergeant, I was told the Fallen was here. I see no battle being waged, so am I to assume the Fallen has been dealt with?"

"No, Supreme Grandmaster. They received unexpected assistance and took off in a rhino. We were organizing a pursuit force." The marine pointed, but Dern walked away from the sergeant.

"Just like the cowardly traitors that they are, running from a fight." He activated his vox. "All commanders and sergeants, this is Supreme Grandmaster Dern. We have located the Fallen. He is currently with Night Lord forces headed North East in a rhino transport. I want landspeeders and thunderhawks to ascertain their position, and destination. Keep me updated regularly." Turning off the vox, Dern turned his attention back to the sergeant.

"Whatever you have ready now will be mobilized."

"Yes, Supreme Grandmaster." The sergeant saluted smartly.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#198 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

With every part it gets better, as always
Posted Image

#199 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Awesome nox

Faith is purest when it is unquestioned
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#200 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Catch us if ya can Dern lol

Nice one nox
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

Change Theme!