65 replies to this topic

#1 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

What would You do If....Zombies started rising up and eating everyone?!

Again just put what you would do in this situation.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#2 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Depends on the zombie type. But more than likely one man extermination. I am not that learned in survival techniques so why not.
Maybe start my own blood crusade who knows.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#3 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Get out of the city i live in as soon as possible and travel to a small town - which is up in the mountains - and with my gun and my friends who would meet me there and do what needs to be done. after the town is purged set-up shop and post/survive/scavange. Its all laid out.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#4 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Indeed Optic, in a sad way i always think of what i would do and going to a city is not one of them. High population centres means dead peeps though i would'nt even go to a town unless to scavenge supplies.

Ide head out to the countryside with a clear view all round.

Mountain is a cool idea though you'de have to think about weather conditions and a way off the mountain just incase things go to hell.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

I personally would prefer a city. As much as it goes against the norm way of thinking if you manage to get supplies and secure a means of transit across highrises (zip lines) you have a much better view, and limited access points. Take out stairs and elevators there are then 0 ways to reach you by the shambling dead. While you are stock piled and can use the zip lines to get from one building to another in a way that the zombies cannot. Being out in the country or the wilderness leaves far too many possible approaches and makes it possible to be swarmed.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#6 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Indeed Optic, in a sad way i always think of what i would do and going to a city is not one of them. High population centres means dead peeps though i would'nt even go to a town unless to scavenge supplies.

Ide head out to the countryside with a clear view all round.

Mountain is a cool idea though you'de have to think about weather conditions and a way off the mountain just incase things go to hell.

The place i refer is in the High Desert of Nevada. Its not terriibly hot in the summer, it freezes in the winter, so Zeds wont be a problem come november - March. Its a mountain town, so we would stay in either this canyon i know about - easy to leave and see things coming - or up on the main mountain named after the town - very easy to get down from incase of a need to bail. me and my buddies have all the details worked out.
Postad bild

#7 ElfinAssasin

ElfinAssasin

Sniper Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

well i have a butt load of swords so i would hold my own that and my friend has a butt load of guns and some four wheelers with multiple properties we could go to so i think we got this covered pretty well

#8 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'll be joining Nox is his Metal Jungle adventure. Besides I'm pretty sure I'll have graduated boot camp by then. M16 baby oh yeah!

#9 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I personally would prefer a city. As much as it goes against the norm way of thinking if you manage to get supplies and secure a means of transit across highrises (zip lines) you have a much better view, and limited access points. Take out stairs and elevators there are then 0 ways to reach you by the shambling dead. While you are stock piled and can use the zip lines to get from one building to another in a way that the zombies cannot. Being out in the country or the wilderness leaves far too many possible approaches and makes it possible to be swarmed.

where/how would you make/get the time/opportunities to construct zip lines? then how would you get back? sounds like theres alot of Pre-apocalypse planning/construction that needs to go down, by several people, that know what theyre doing. Where would you get the rope? Or would you use rope? :huh: It sounds awsome just not practical. - sorry i read zombie books -
Postad bild

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

"Oh shit zombies! Good thing I got a degree in acting. (clear throats throat and smothers self in ketchup and dirt) BRRRAAAIIiiinnnnnssss"

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I think Sanctuary has proven I favor shooting lots and lots of bullets

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#12 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

For the UK Zombies would be terrible the only ranged weapons I guess you could find are Shotguns and maybe a rifle. Could be fun trying to kill a zombie with an air rifle though =P
For the zombies how strong and smart are they because some of the movies with zombies in show them able to understand that glass is there and that they should attack things in there way and search for ways in instead of just knowing something is on the other side so they attack the barrier. Still I think that I would go to the local Tesco and just raid the little that place has left =P but I would need to go all over the county to get my mates can't be leaving them around to made zombies. Still I think the best weapon I could have is close combat weapon and usually people try to stay away from zombies =P But if the Army was called in to deal with the Zombie threat I think that I would try and stay away from the army just because most games with authorities and zombies seem to have a exterminate everything within this location to make sure they have destroyed virus or whatever makes people zombies. I think I would just try and stay in my local area. But I now there is a old airfield near me where there are people who test bombs and have some weapons up there I think that could be a good place to hide out =) I remember someone telling people that they have been firing a 50.cal up there but I think that is bullshit because how the fuck would you be able to fire a 50.cal in the UK without drawing attention from the locals and the police =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#13 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

sounds like theres alot of Pre-apocalypse planning/construction that needs to go down

There is always time. The zombies aren't going to rise up, or turn millions of people instantly. It's a process. The moment you have wind of a situation you actually have plenty of time. As for 'getting rope' in the event of an 'apocalypse' just about anything becomes attainable very readily. Add into that I said disable elevators inside a building, that affords you a considerable amount of steel cable right there, and getting back? The same way you got somewhere. You just have one sloped one way another sloped the other. Doesn't even need to be too steep of an incline. Especially in light of the fact that many buildings are not overly far from each other.

And as to people involved. I'd want the numbers of people aware and involved in my endeavor kept to a minimum. No worries of getting attached, sharing food too many ways, etc.

Posted Image

#14 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

sounds like theres alot of Pre-apocalypse planning/construction that needs to go down

And as to people involved. I'd want the numbers of people aware and involved in my endeavor kept to a minimum. No worries of getting attached, sharing food too many ways, etc.

clearly you've thought this over...(stroking his chin)
Postad bild

#15 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

clearly you've thought this over...(stroking his chin)

My best friend is a zombie nut, so I've encountered all the issues, been made to read bunches of zombie things, and through endless hypothetical questions I have pretty much planned out my exact process of dealing with Zombies. This includes rising from the dead zombies, people turned into zombies, virus zombies, etc.

Posted Image

#16 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

i think you and i would make a great team, should that ever occur...
Postad bild

#17 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

My dad already bought 200 acres in Mississippi, built a bomb-proof bunker on it with four massive fucking walls (there is no gate to get through two of them, for the other two you have to drive down this tunnel underneath it that's really hard to find) and regularly stocks it with food. He also has a nice collection of guns and knives, takes me shooting at least once a month and has a giant pick-up truck that he had my brother built a PDA system thing on.

He seriously did all this because he legit believes zombies, vampires or werewolves will rise from the shadows of society to feast on our living flesh. That or the Russians, Cubans or Chinese will throw the Earth into World War 3 and turn everybody into communists.

I think my family is prepared. Because my dad is a redneck.

Edit: If you want legit zombie practice, you should go to that mall in the UK from that Cracked article.

#18 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I want to meet your dad now.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#19 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I think my family is prepared. Because my dad is a redneck.

Edit: If you want legit zombie practice, you should go to that mall in the UK from that Cracked article.

to quote Tallahassee "Thank god for rednecks!" lol:D

Postad bild

#20 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!

During that movie, my brother told my dad "Yeah dad. Thank god you're around. Or else we wouldn't have Nicky. Or be the only family that's actually prepared for zombies."

Change Theme!