36 replies to this topic

#21 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Perhaps apulo can create some program on here that asigns the newbs to a veteran member of the community. Something that PM's that Veteran member Stating "you have new member to support."

Seems like there is some way we can do this smoothly. Gerhart I am glad to be apart of this, and will lend myself and The Dark Angels to see this through!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#22 Darksaint

Darksaint

Wolf Lord Skull Takers Great Company

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yes this is a very commendable idea and would like to say any gw's member is more than welcome to send me a live request I tend not to send them myself as I dont wanna seem pushy not that it is I'm just funny i guess :) lol (please add gw member to request I would recognise most but not all of ya :) )
Darksaint. If the mjod turns sour I ain't the kinda wolf to drink it !

#23 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Perhaps the mentors could have a special group and banner assigned. That way they could have an area to discuss new members as most new members have region issues and chapter preferences. So if your a space wolf playing a lot with a new member and find out he's a dark angel fan then direct him to the proper mentors and notify then. I'm just spit balling here but I think it could be beneficial for the site and new members to encourage them to be involved.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#24 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

i second that. i volunteer to help teach the new bloodclaws if we do the mentor/ young grasshopper training methods.
Postad bild

#25 Darksaint

Darksaint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I think it would also be beneficial if people go solo in game chat was talking to some newbies on it today and directed them this way first time in ages I wasn't in a party guessin that's the same for most people you turn on and go straight into party chat!

#26 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

After evey SM session I send out mass pms reguarding this site. That's how quite a few members have found us.

This wouldn't be just for new memebers joining your chapters, we should be doing this already. This is more for the new members joining who have just introduced themselves and don't know who to join. Sorry it's a bit jumbled, just throwing it together now.

Posted Image

#27 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Where do I sign :)
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#28 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

Perhaps the mentors could have a special group and banner assigned. That way they could have an area to discuss new members as most new members have region issues and chapter preferences. So if your a space wolf playing a lot with a new member and find out he's a dark angel fan then direct him to the proper mentors and notify then. I'm just spit balling here but I think it could be beneficial for the site and new members to encourage them to be involved.

that would be a great idea, that area could be used for us to discuss how the new members are integrating, how they are doing in the game, as well as offer advice to other mentors. As well as you stated Gerhart about the whole "fan of specific Chapter/Warband" thing as well. Truthfully i cant think of a better way to go about this thing then set up a group.
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#29 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

as nosk has said, i agree with the idea.

Postad bild

#30 Darksaint

Darksaint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well I'm happy to volunteer for the wolves :)

#31 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I like this idea as well...I wish to make new members feel as welcome as possible pending my aforementioned (as many of you know) busy schedule.

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#32 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Its worth investigating. But it must be voluntary for both sides, or you could detract from the open welcoming air this website haves.

Sent From Aboard The "Balance of Judgement"

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#33 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Crucias - Know whatcha mean. Anyone who wants someone to show them around the site and be buddies on xbl then ok. Sign up to it. Anyone who doesn't then ok, no problemo.

I'm really not so sure about the 'who's integrating' bit - that's not our concern at all. Would any of you like it to have people in the background discussing on how you're fitting in? I wouldn't that's for certain and If anything it'd sour the whole experience.

I'm a Devastator Jockey not a camp councilor.

My genuine offer is out there. The GT is there. I'll friend you on xbl and will show you around if you need it. Other than that you're you're own gamer. Can't say fairer than that :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#34 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

It should probably be noted that all members get an informative welcome PM from me, along with the invitation to personally contact me for any help or confusion. I have happily helped some people with laughable problems (we both laughed after), I may be a big name on here, but I help when asked without desire for reimbursement

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#35 JxExFxF

JxExFxF

Crimson Fist Co.2 Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

I like this idea and usually whenever I welcome a new player I tend to refer them to the players in my group which is ronjons, Four7nine, DTDante, for we will play whenever and are usually active but the problem still is that we don't get requests I know I've gotten a few and my friends is now full(working on cleaning) but the new members need to be willing. But I do wish to be part of this idea and would like to sign up
You Run. You Hide. I Charge On For Glory Is To Die For.

#36 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

so will this be taking effect soon? or do we do this on our own
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#37 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well you have jumped right in Ceph and thank you for that.

Posted Image

Change Theme!