36 replies to this topic

#1 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Brother Remiel brought up a Point about being new and not feeling welcome. I want to change that. My idea is that when a new member introduces himself he is guided and Friended on live by each chapter leader and a nominated very active second. The idea is so that the new member get to play with people from evey group and doesn't sit around waiting for invites. Now I have already been doing this with people who sign up but don't know who to join.

Thoughts?

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#2 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I did a very similer thing with Killo(Remiel) when he joined Blood Angels. Teaching him how to progress in game and how to play with a team, both in public and private. Having a mentor, someone you can ask questions is very important in my books as sometimes new places seem confusing.
Postad bild

#3 Sanguinary Priest Azrael Kade

Sanguinary Priest Azrael Kade

Sanguinary Priest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

You have yet to add me man :P I know we got off to a bad start but that was AGES ago, GTs: x H a M M i E. I haven't had the privilege of playing with you yet, but my chapter has nothing but good things to say and I feel I should get in on the fun :)

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Brother Remiel brought up a Point about being new and not feeling welcome. I want to change that.

While I like your idea, I do not agree with this comment. Everytime someone posts a "Hello I am New" thread they get assaulted with people saying hi, welcome and other such niceties.

With the exception of the RP section, I see threads full of spirit and laughs, plus well thought out debates.

Run with your idea anyway, if there is a minority who feel unwelcome, I fully encourage looking at correcting that.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Its not that they feel unwelcome. It's that they don't send out friend requests, product of being new and all. My idea would take that burden and place it on established members of the community, to make them even more willing to get involved. That way none can say we didn't make the attempt to bring them in.

I have only ever recieved ONE FR from a new member, typhus the new word bearer, all the rest I wait never recieve anything then send it my self. With two members from every chapter hey have no reason to not join one id they really want to get involved.

I make this attempt to help new people as joining an established community can be overwhelming.

Posted Image

#6 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

i like this idea, and maybe to get them to warm up a little more both on the site and on the battlefield, we could have a bloodclaw arena where we throw the new players from participating chapters into combat to discover teamwork and how insanely fun chapter matches are, without putting them up against the champions or priests of their chapters.
Postad bild

#7 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

I love this idea, we do this at my school for freshmen orientation, we assign members of our student council to a freshman to help guide them and make sure the transition from middle to high school is smooth.it is a very effective system.
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#8 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

I love this idea, we do this at my school for freshmen orientation, we assign members of our student council to a freshman to help guide them and make sure the transition from middle to high school is smooth.it is a very effective system.

ooooh. i like his better than my bloodclaw arena idea.
Postad bild

#9 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

All of this sounds awesome, because I have recently joined the site and have no idea what to do or what I even can do,,, and yes I read through the web site guides but found them confusing. I love 40k! Space Marine is awesome, but I'm not very good with the web/computer stuff.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#10 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

Captain of the 7th, Master of the Gate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think it is a good idea for the new ones, as when i fis got here getting to grips was bit well yea not the easiest thing and i think this would help people to become more involed quicker.

As to what you said about only one FR Gerhart i think its cos you scare everyone lol :-P i love you tho. I have had a few from them but same as you i needed to send out most myself normaly happens when we are in a match and everyone in the party friends everyone els.

Posted Image

#11 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

This would be a better way of intergrating people into this community. As i said it is unwelcome because for every person who signs up and says high their is usually five who just look at the site without joining.

Great idea, as Davious said this is what got me into these sort of sites.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#12 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. Don't know about the rest of you guys but space on my Friends List is a precious commodity these days - we have over 100 members of the Blood Angels alone - obviously not all are active and many have been deleted after a period of inactivity but couple my own Chapter members with several ranking members of other Chapters, plus family and real-life friends, finding space for new applicants becomes difficult.

A mentor/guide for this site is definitely a great idea - and perhaps some kind of Scout Sergeant/Chaplain to guide the new guys in game and on xbox would be very useful too? If Microsoft would only raise the 100 limit on friends then it would be so much easier.

Posted Image

#13 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

So who's in, as I said this applies for new members who haven't joined a faction. Clearly if they don't introduce themselves we can't get to know them.

Posted Image

#14 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I can I have been doing it in school, wouldn't hurt to do it on here as well
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#15 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'll do it I'm almost always on

sent from the gothic sector 
I'll do it I'm almost always on

sent from the gothic sector

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#16 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm in Gerhart.

Sadly won't be able to participate fully until next week as I'm on holiday at the mo. Beer and Beaches come first after all :)

For those of you who can't wait the GT's the same as the name. I can pick up your friend request as soon as as I get back. Look forward to meeting you all soon enough.
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#17 Brother Phoenix1664

Brother Phoenix1664

Captain of the 7th, Master of the Gate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yea im in Gerhart more than happy to help uot the new guys.

Posted Image

#18 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

I also would put myself forward for this.
Postad bild

#19 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I like the idea as well so I'd like to volunteer my services to all new comers
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#20 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I may be a Initiate, but I will happly aid with this, seeing as there is only one other Dark Angel here we cant let the Blood Angels, or worse the Space Wolves, get all of my fellow newbloods!

For the Fallen
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

Change Theme!