209 replies to this topic

#161 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

the dwarf goes over to a large lum of metal, grabbing a pick.

"SO youre kOmbuse eh?"

he asks as he bgins hackign away at the stone.

"talos talks the world about you...says yer a good fellow."

his pickaxe comes down with a loud clang, sending a spiderline of fissues across the stones surface.

-------------

Nash can hear water running, but the water is overly loud, as if it was not being obstructed on its way to the shower floor, a moment lader she hears something fall to the floor with a loud thud

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#162 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

"....He does?" Kombuse asked, surprised that Talos talked about him to anyone at all, let alone in such a nice way. He took a seat on the ground a little ways from Bert's stone working just so he wouldn't get a random piece of rock go straight for his eye, something he had to learn from experience before. "Is that orridium by the way?" He asked as well. The boy only ever seen it in a drug form, never in its actual normal rock form.

"Lucy?" Nash said out loud to be heard over the sound of the water on the other side of the door. But of course she wasn't going to wait for an answer, being too used in having Kombuse putting himself in an emergency and not immediately telling anyone for various reasons, she went to kick the door down with the thought of breaking the doorframe one of the last things on her mind right now as her boot was about to make contact  where the door latch would be.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#163 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

talos acts hard... but its because of waht happened to him once he woke up."

Bert says as he hammers away at the metal, chipping off big chunks.

"Imagine waking up alone....In a world even shittier than the one you fell asleep in...ALone and unremembered... Stumbling around in the wastes until some sniper asshole finds you and takes you in... Just a young boy who had no idea what was going on, thrust into a war he doesnt understand."

the hammer strikes again, and bert puts the chips into a furnace.

"I respect krieg... But he is a warlord... Its in his blood.. He feeds and thrives off of it, alot of that rubbed off on talos."

------------------

the door splinters open with a loud crash, wearing a "What the fuck lass!"

from bert outside.

In a hot room, fiulled with steam lucy lays on the batroom floor, breathing shallowly, clutching a towel tightly to her breast

cainsig11.jpg

#164 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Kombuse was silent for awhile after Bert's onw take on Talos and what he's been through, thinking about his own childhood and even he could see some similarities. But then came the loud crash of a door being busted open, the blacksmith automatically seeming to know who had done it. "I'llberightback!" he said as he rushed back out of the smithy and straight to the house to see what happened and make sure Nash and Lucy were ok.

"Aw shit." Nash said as she goes over to Lucy crouching down to check her head for any injuries before picking her up and take her out of the steam filled bathroom, doubting the air was helping in anyway with her breathing right now. "Lucy, Lucy stay with me now, everything will be ok just focus on breathing." She tried to assure her as she looked for a bed to lay lucy down on. 

"Nash is everything...!" Kombuse was about to ask before as he was about to enter the front door before Nash shouted. 

"FREEZE AND TURN AROUND." she instructed him, wanting to save what modesty Lucy had while wrapped up in the bathtowel. The Ghoul did exactly as he was told without a second of hesitation with speed that made even Ozer-ga dizzy, though obviously confused and concern as Nash was using her serious tone right now. 

"But is everything ok?" he asked again, but turned around like he was told to be.

"Lucy was on the floor, I'm not sure if she fainted or what, gonna put her on a bed to let her rest. When I say go, want you to find the pills in the bathroom. She probably needs them now more than ever. Understood?" to which Kombuse gave a 'uh huh.' "Good......now you can go." She told him after going into a hallway to find the bedroom. Kombuse went straight to the bathroom, getting offput by the heat and steam coming out of it, to find the pills after turning the hot water off first.

#165 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Lucies eyes flutter and her body spasm hard. Her body jerks against Nashes hands and bert comes in without warning, his eyes wide.

"Ahhhh fuck... Shes going into shock.."

helping Nash, bert lifts the waifish woman gently, taking her to the room as he feels for hewr pulse and checks other vitals.

The main symptom is low blood pressure. Other symptoms include rapid, shallow breathing; cold, clammy skin; rapid, weak pulse; dizziness, fainting, or weakness.

"It can be Either pulmonary, anaphalaectic... Fuck im not a doctor im just a medic.."

the dwarf runs over to the wall and picks up a medikit, pulling out his contents and wquickly setting up an IV.

" Girl... THis is bad, really bad.. If we can get her stable  with the pills or iv, well be ok for a while, but if this is tied to her spine or heart, we are going to lose her here.. I need you to do exactly what i say ok?"

He looks toward the bathroom.

"Ghoul boy, so help me if you dont get back here im going to hammer your testis in!"

cainsig11.jpg

#166 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

"Right, just tell me what to do I guess." Nash said without second thought as she stood near the med kit and Bert. Medical stuff was always out of her depth, she only really knew how to dress a wound and some other basic first aid stuff after learning through experience and what Talos had taught both her and Kombuse. From the bathroom there was the sound of booted feet thumping against the floor and something crashing against something before the steps came toward the bedroom in a rush accompanied with the rattling of pills in bottles. "FOUND THEM!" The ghoul boy said confidently, staying right outside the doorframe out of sight after what Nash had said earlier.

#167 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

the man takes the kit and quickly sets up an iv, pulling out an odd looking device.

"Kombuse... I want you to eat this."

he hands a pill over to the ghoul as he carefully inserts a needle into the womans arm, trying to keep it level with her arm.

"Girl....THis thing is going to start beeping in about two minutes....At that time im going to need to inject this girl with ev erything this machine is making....shes going to sieze up, please be ready to hold her."

Bert looks around nervously as the machine begins reading Lucys pulse, the readings alternating from incredibly fast to dangerously slow.

cainsig11.jpg

#168 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

With the warning Bert gave her about what was about to happen, Nash moved to Lucy down against the bed the best she could, mainly her chest and shoulders in case the reaction was particularly harsh and to prevent the girl from accidentally ripping her arm away from the injection. While Nash and Bert were busy with securing Lucy and trying to help her, Kombuse looked at the pill thing he was given to eat. "Ah, I don't like it...." Ozer-ga grumbled in the back of Kombuse's mind, retaining his usual suspicious self about things. Kombuse just give it a quick sniff, not like it helped him in recognizing in since he couldn't name any chemicals, and shrug as his gasmask split open to show its true maw form and popping the pill to see what it did. Maybe it was a food pill or something. That'd be nice.

#169 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Lucy siezes hard, but settles as the woman begins to beep and bert cgets up to get another device.

all at once, konbuse feels like his body gets light, but than he feels a warmth flow through his limbs.

"Has it hit you yet boy?"

the man asks nervously.

"I need to know where youre at."

cainsig11.jpg

#170 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:55 AM

"I... feel warm in my arms and legs. And floaty too." Kombuse told Bert while looking at himself, unaccustomed to the weird feelings he was having.

"So, I'm going to take a wild guess that pill is making something in him that Lucy needs?" Nash asked without taking her eyes off of the woman, staying prepared for any more seizures.

#171 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Ghouls have an ability where they can create healing anti bodies .... it’s how they can survive after turning without steady water and food...”

He takes a grunge and puts it into konbuses arm, drawing blood and than putting the blood into the device.

“ even you half breeds can do it... it’s kinda amazing.”

cainsig11.jpg

#172 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

"Hey, ow!" Kombuse said more put of shock than pain as Bert drew some blood from his arm, rubbing the spot. "Half breed?! Why you....ah fuck it." Ozerga grumbled, feeling powerless in the situation.

"Hope those antibodies help her then. How long till we know it's working though?" Nash asked.

#173 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:59 PM

Bert injects the cells into lucies body and he sighs.

"it should be relatively fast....But her nervous system is gonna be really delicate for a long time..... You pulled her out of the pods only a day or two ago right?"

he gets a bottle of water and slides it into lucies mouth carefully.

"Im just...More suprised she survived....Talos said everyone else in there died right?"

cainsig11.jpg

#174 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

"Uh, yea." Nash answered, remembering all the mummified bodies in pods when Talos brought them down there. "Something about no one going there and checking it regularly. It wasn't a pretty sight, that's for sure." She explained as beat she could from what Talos told them before

'Mmmm, human jerky.' Ozer-ga jeered inside Kombuse's mind, having a different perspective on the scene.

"I think he mentioned someone named Jorgmunder too." Kombuse added in too. "Also, how long am I gonna feel like this? I still feel tingly."

#175 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:10 AM

Typical ho siht bullshit...... Lets make rooms ffull of pod people and just leave them there unsupervised."

He growls as he lifts lucy into a bed and puts a hand on her pulse.

"This isnt the first time..... ANd it wont be the fucking last."

cainsig11.jpg

#176 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:41 AM

"....Wait what?" Kombuse asked, his brain registering what the blacksmith just said as Bert and Nash helped Lucy. "Are there more places like....that one?"

"I don't think he just means pods bud." Nash added her own thoughts to what the ghoul boy was thinking. "Theres always some rumor or gossip going around in a sanctuary's streets, some sort of experiment here, some ducked up weapon there, something always involving a whole bunch of innocent people". She grumbled, clearly having some disdain for the very idea of that sort of thing happening at the desire of the same people that were suppose to be protecting them.

#177 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

No, there are more pod cities like this too.."

The dwarf growls as he places lucies hand down and sighing.

"shes going to be ok for a bit.....I hope."

he motions everyone out and shakes his head.

"The nuclear bunker was just meant to be one of the most powerful."

cainsig11.jpg

#178 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:09 AM

"And if failed, spectacularly if I might add." Ozer-ga remarked snidely in Kombuse's head, but the boy kept quiet cause even he knew it was a very rude thing to say right now as he and Nash walked out of the room at Burt's behest. "I hope the other ones are ok." Kombuse said instead, not wanting to think of how many other people didn't wake up from those pods. What he saw there still popped into his mind again, seeing so many people dead just because someone didn't check up on them like a fish bowl gone bad.

"Same bud. But for now, with Lucy stabilized, and Talos still gone on that medical run, think I'll just take 5 on a couch or something." Nash yawned as she went to look for what passed as a living room and unslinging her backpack on the way out as she took stock on her makeshift gadgets. Kombuse just stood in the hallway as he didn't know what to do in someone else's home, so he just looked down to Burt to see if he was going to check on the armor still in the forge getting pacified by the flame.

#179 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:16 AM

Bert motions for the boy to follow as he pulls it out of the fire and begins to hammer at it.

"So..Whats your deal boy."

he says through a shower of sparks.

'Talos always takes in strays...... YOure the only one that seems to be this close though."

he grabs some flux and begins working it into the hot metal.

"That girl looks like a right fire cracker too......Im happy for it... "

cainsig11.jpg

#180 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:42 AM

"He found us tied up at the top of a ferris wheel!" Kombuse proclaimed proudly after finding a place to sit on the ground next to a wall so he could talk and watch what Bert was doing. Ozer-ga groaned at the mention of that memory, embarrassed they even wound up in that situation let alone needed to be rescued afterwards. "And yea, we like her too. She said she met Talos while trying to 'clean up the streets' since both of them were doing it back home. Then she had to explain to me it meant bad people and not actual garbage." The boy explained as he started to draw into the dirt with a digit that sharpened to a point. "After he picked us up and asked what happened, he let me live in one of his places and I got to help Nash with all sort of stuff for our neighborhood." he told the blacksmith, making a row of different sized rectangles, like a child's representation of a neighborhood street. "...Well, their neighborhood that I live at now. I came from a different sanctuary." Kombuse corrected himself. "....I don't remember what it was called, and I don't even remember if I had parents, Talos said I grew up in an orphanage when I told him where I grew up at. It was ran by nice ladies who wore some really neat looking armor, Ms. Canoness Lilith Naarette was the one who raised me the most. When I got put into Enforcer's group when I was 18, I don't know what happened but other people took over the sanctuary, I...don't remember a lot after that, I get...scared? I think, when I try to remember that, a lot fighting other ghouls in some sort of ring, something called an enlightener touching my head? But I got Ozer-ga during that, and all these neat things." He says as he changes his hands from normal gloved human ones to clawed predatory ones then back. "....The last time I saw Ms.Naarette, there was some guy with her that shot me and Ozer-ga sort of took over and ate him. We just walked away from home after that, I didn't think anyone would have wanted to see me after what happened." He sighed with resignation in his voice, drawing a simplified rose with the closest thing to fire around the bud, which really was just a squiggly like around it. "....Man, I made my self sad again." "Meh, you made both of us unhappy sad sac." The ghouls said in a tone that implied he was rolling his eyes if he had some on the metaphyiscal plane that was the subconcious.

Change Theme!