209 replies to this topic

#81 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

there is a loud snapping sound, and an explosion bursts from just in front of where you both where standing and slams into the ghoul king, sneiding him tumbling and thrashing outside.

At this, coreus lets out a challenge and talos stands, the door opening.

"Now...Get in now or we risk him coming back."

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#82 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

"Don't have to fucking tell me twice." Nash said picking up her pack and then Kombuse, who had collapsed after whatever influenced the ghoul had over them went away after it was sent flying. "Come on buddy time to go!" She said, helping him get up halfway as they recovered, grabbing the minebox as well.

"But what about wolfy?" Kombuse asked concerned, remembering hearing Coreus just a few seconds ago. The wolf might be passing away soon, but that didn't mean he wanted to let him fight the ghoul guy all alone. What if he get's hurt? Or needs help? 

"Kombuse! The giant wolf be fine, we squishys won't be! Come on!" She said as she turned on the explosive, planting in a pile of rubble on the ground. If the bastard somehow comes back, at least they'll know about it when he steps infront of it. She goes toward the open doors, tugging the ghoul kid along like a mother with a reluctant child.

"But.." before Kombuse could protest, Ozer-ga stirred. "The patriarch will be fine, he knows what he's doing. You're friends don't stand a chance, want to see them get hurt?" The ghoul told him, hitting with a blunt but clear message of what would happen if he kept this up. Shutting up, Kombuse when and followed willingly now, running now. "....Where the hell did that blast even come from? The door wasn't even open yet." the ghoul within Kombuse pondered, the events not adding up still.  

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#83 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

talos guides both inside a room with dozens of tubes. The door closes behind them and seals and for a moment, nothing moves.

"No.."

Talos says as he looks at dozens of ruined tubes, each one hosting a mummified corpse.

"No no no.....Its all gone..They are all dead."

he breaks into a run and looks among the rows, disappearing down the stairs.

cainsig11.jpg

#84 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

The two lingered around in the science made tomb of tube coffins a little longer, both of them taken back by the scene. It was the last thing they expected, thinking they were just going to find only one person in some sort of room in a machine or something. Nash took a closer look at the machines while trying to ignore the dried out husks that were once people. "Were the but to sleep in cryo or something? Whatever it was, I guess it failed a long time ago..." She theorized, not understanding such tech herself. Kombuse was still quiet, saddened to see so many people dead just because something broke. The ghoul on the other hand wanted to laugh at the thought, but was too confused about what happened earlier only being made worse here. "If all of them are dead, who did the magic trick just a few seconds ago?" It questioned out loud, using Kombuse's mouth only for now. The boy shook his head. "Not now, Talos needs us right now come on." He told both the ghoul and Nash, heading down the stairs to catch up with him. He didn't like how desperate his friend looked when he saw what happened here. "Right, right, doubt I have the time to look at it with King rotbreath just outside." she sighed as she stood back up to follow the possessed to find Talos.

#85 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

your trip amoungst the tomb is long, rows and rows of these failed pods line both sides until you find talos at the last two pods, working on the computer. Inside a woman lays calmly in the pod, her vitals displayed showing that she is still alive. 

"YOu shouldve been securing the area.."

he says, his voice measured and even.

"I taught you how to sweep and clear."

ABove, a hard quake hits the facility and talos winces.

"Ghoul king is not going to die easierly

cainsig11.jpg

#86 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

'For what? This place is a mausolem, well except for this bitch.' Ozer-ga complained, rather peeved at being told to do a simple job. 'This must be who the king was referring to, but she's asleep still....' It noted, still not finding an satisfying answer as to what happened in the hallway that saved the boy and girl. "We just....I...you...sorry." Kombuse apologized, not sure what he was suppose to do and yet getting it wrong still. Guessed being worried for Talos wasn't a good reason to come down here too. He turned around and started heading back up to do just what Talos had mentioned before Nash stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, give him a break, it's not often he sees you like that and he got concerned." She said as she moved up to see the only working machine in the whole facility and its only surviving occupant. "You seem to know what you're doing here." She noted as she looked it over to see how it worked without touching, remembering both him working the computer at the door here and now the control computer for a rather advance piece of tech. "But if she's asleep, who pulled the stunt earlier, Talos." she really stated rather than asked, even if Kombuse was looking at the closest approximation of confusion the gasmask face could make at the question statement. 

#87 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

for a moment , talos rersts his hands on the control panel and raises his palm, aiming for an area just past the girls head. There is a wave of heat, and a moment later one of the pods explode with the telltale ionization of a controled atmoic detoniation.

'Does that answer your question."

he asks as he continues working, going through menus

cainsig11.jpg

#88 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

"It does.....mostly with you still being a dick about things." Nash replied after the whole display there with his mutagenic power. But if anything it showed just how much control he had over radiation particles if his aiming and the size of the explosion showed her anything. It also made her realize that he wasn't in the best of moods either, wondering if he thought there was much more here left than just one person but no daring to ask now.

Ozer-ga, and by extenstion Kombuse, flinched away from the explosion on sheer instinct much to the boy's confusion. The ghoul didn't even care to explained, now realizing Talos can manipulate one of the few things any ghoul would naturally fear. Radiation. " Talos, are you ok?" Kombuse asked now as he stepped closer to the atomic user in spite of the ghoul's urging to not get closer to the source of radiation and not getting the hint to stay away by  Talo's actions. "I'm sorry if we did something wrong." he offered, not sure what else he could say right now.

#89 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

the girl in the tube flatlines and slumps a bit and talos goes rigid. All around him the air begins to taste of metal and swelter a bit before there is a slight beep and the girls pulse returns.

'No Kommbuse its fine.."

he says with releif on his face as he continues his work.

"Im just...Let me save her and ill explain everything ok? just.....Just go look around for a few minutes ok?"

cainsig11.jpg

#90 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

Kombuse nodded and walked away quietly back into the rest of the underground facility to look for...well anything to occupy his attention now, even though the rest of the place depressed him and was filled with dead bodies of people. The ghoul grumbled about things like lies, radiation, ghoul kings, that krieg guy, things Kombuse couldn't really follow and didn't feel like talking about. If Talos didn't tell them about his powers, there was a good reason for it...right? Nash was behind him, wanting to keep an eye on the kid to make sure he didn't accidentally find some sort of pop. Maybe should could even find an old console to dig up some info, or at least some good scrap to use too since the place was a science bunker of sorts. Gotta bet some choice bits around here to pick up.

#91 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

the consoles are dead , but the material is can be salvaged. Above you can hear anoither explosion but after that everything goes wquiet until talos finally gets the tube open and the girl falls into his arms.

he forces their lips together and tries to get her to breathe before she begins to sputters, breathing on her own lightly as taloses face finally softens.

"Itss allright...its ok.""

he says as the girls green eyes open and close.

"Its going to be ok.."

cainsig11.jpg

#92 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

"Jesus christ, the fuck is going on up there?" Nash asked out loud after looking up when another explostion went off before going back to salvaging. "The wolf and rot breath must be one hell of drag out fight topside." She mentioned as she started prying off the materials she could from the consoles and putting it in her back pack, anything still in good condition worth taking in her eyes. Not like they'll be using this place anytime soon.

"Hope he's ok." Kombuse said when he wasn't fiddling with his rifle, still looking up at the ceiling, at least it wasn't looking at the corpses around them and he didn't quiet understand the things that Nash was taking. "Meh. Knowing my luck he will be." The ghoul complained loudly, bored out of it's mind.

"He'll be fine buddy, I'm sure it'll take more than rot breath to take him down." She assured him, patting on his helmeted head as he smiled. "And Ozer-ga, not now buddy." Tapping on the snout of the gasmask for the ghoul. "Now come on, sounds like grumpy opened the tube finally." She said before heading out, the undead boy following close behind her.

The two would then come across Talos giving mouth to mouth to the girl that was in the pod, him acting in a tender way that neither of them had seen before from Talos. "Uh....hm, I don't understand." Kombuse said quietly, not really understanding what he was seeing. Nash on the other hand realized the woman was more important to Talos than just being a 'weapon', probably just used it as an excuse earlier, and just put a hand on Kombuse's shoulder. 

"Kombuse, you know how you and ozzie feel every time I'm around?" she asked, trying to explain this as best she could for his intellect level. Just another thing for her to teach this poor boy, there was a lot of work ahead of her. Kombuse nodded, but the ghoul had to make a comment. "Only cause he blabs to you..." he grumbled.

"Besides the point. That's Talos' Nash, get it?" She drew the parallel for him. He stood there for a moment to process the sentence in his mind, the little hamster wheel spinning much faster than usual, before it clicks for him. 

"Oh, ooh, oooooh......Hi talos' girlfriend!" he said to the girl while they stood aside, earning a face palm from Nash and Ozer-ga, who tried to force a physical one through Kombuse's arm but couldn't override his control much to his own frustration at it all. 'I can't believe I have to share a body with you...' 

#93 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

the girl looks around , seeing the mummies and frowns sadly, but she is taken as she looks at Kombuse tiredly.

"Out of everything you could have woke me up to joshua....You wake me up to a ghoulish emoticon."

Talos smiles faintly as he takes her hand and looks at the group.

"This is lucy guys.... Shes one of the last members of the program.. I wish Jormungundar was still alive.... But its not a matter i can handle now."

Lucy looks up at him tiredly.

"He died too?.... Everyone was still alive when i went to bed.."

cainsig11.jpg

#94 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

"Emoticon? What's that?" He of course questioned, not sure what she meant when she said that about him. Lucy seemed nice at least, especially knowing he was a ghoul and how people normally react to him. 

"I'll show when we get back home, one's that aren't shit at least." She promised him before looking back to Lucy and Talos. "Sup lucy, I'm Nash and this is Kombuse, and Ozer-ga up in here but I don't think he cares for coming out right now, the bastard is grumpy like that." Nash explained, tapping his helmet for emphasis. The mask morphed for a moment but Kombuse's eyes were still there as the ghouls spoke instead.

"That's not untrue..." it admitted before fading back away.

"Right, now, I know Talos here just got you awake but we can't stay long for a nice chat. We weren't exactly alone when we showed up here and I doubt anyone wants to linger around here for...obvious reasons." She said, trying not to be her usual blunt self for Talos and Lucy's benefit more than anything. She also didn't want to have to deal with rotbreath, or have ozzie try some alpha ghoul shit he was prone to do. 

#95 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

I dont like the edgy one ."

lucy says tiredly as she leans back against talos, barely able to keep her eyes open as talos lifts her.

"the younger one is nice.....I can see why you keep him around.."

Talos smiles and looks at the door, sighing deeply.

"I really hope that corues was able to help do something about that ghoul king.."

cainsig11.jpg

#96 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

"Heh, edgy, that's a new one for him." Nash laughed shaking her head, all the while Ozer-ga just mumbled through the mouth piece before Kombuse took back control. 

"We should go up there and see if he needs our help, he's not well remember?" Kombuse urged the rest of them, worried how the big wolf is doing outside against the mean ghoulie. "You guys have the radio powers thingy right? That'll work! Even Ozer-ga said how ghouls hated it before." He reasoned while getting excited, seeing two rays of hope for Coreus. At least rays of invisible death that can cause cancer and other possible conditions that he didn't know about, but rays none the less. He had his rifle ready to go when Talos said so too.

#97 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

talos leads them up and out of the facility, hitting a button on the desk that began a countdown. As they went topside, the door sealed itself and a metal sheet closed over it

The hallways you had holed up in had a terrible smell, but the remains of an explosion can be seen as well as what looks like a lonf bloody dragmark.

You follow it outside and find coreus, sitting calmly at the door, surrounded by the corpses of ghouls pilled all around him>

"THat was fast .....Did you find anything worth..Oh ho."

he says as he notices the sleeping Lucy.

"How can i help you all.."

cainsig11.jpg

#98 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

"Aw, You already helped by fighting that ghoul guy that tried to get her." Kombuse said as he went over to hug the giant wolf, seemingly ignoring the mounds of bodies around them that were caused by it. Ozer-ga flinched at the touch of the primarch, squirming around inside Kombuse and wanting to get away right now. "You ok though? He seemed kind of strong." the boy asked, looking over him for wounds and such.

Nash gave a low whistle. "Man, this wolf doesn't fuck around does he." She commented as she looked over the carnage of the recent battlefield. Failing to see a certain ghoul among the piles, she asked the wolf. "Don't suppose you took care of him? Be nice to not be hunted down by a ghoul king just because wrong place at the wrong time." 

#99 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

coreus stands and yawns wide, trying to keep concious, his eyes sleepy.  

'He abandonded that husk the moment i got close to killing him....He should be avoiding you for a while."

slowly he lays down and talos climbs up, bundling lucy up int o a comfy place between the great beasts shoulderblades

cainsig11.jpg

#100 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

“Well, sounds good to me either way." Nash sighed with relief as she holstered her firearm for the mean time. Even if rotbreath was still breathing, they at least won't be seeing him anytime soon. "So Talos, we heading back home with a job done or got something else in mind? Looks like Lucy ain't the only one tired." she commented, nodding over to Coreus who looked like he was ready to pass out as well. "Bet you two would like some time anyways, after seeing what...you know happened in there while you were away." She added with a shrug, not sure how to phrase it any other way. There was probably a lot of people they knew in there, not the best thing to come back to with your wife in there or to wake up to either. Sort of struck home for her too.

"Oh, yea we did it! Mission, accomplished!" Kombuse cheered after realizing why they were out here in the first place, it being a 'job' when Talos first talked about it. Something that still made the ghoul within irked. "Could have told us from the get go what this was about. Secretive little bastard." Ozer-ga scoffed before willing Kombuse to move. "Wait, what we doing?" He asked. "Looking for the king's corpse. We're looting that sabre of his." the ghoul said with no shame. Not like the bastard was using it right now anyways. "Oh, ok." Kombuse nodded as they looked. "...But we already have two axes." he brought up, remembering now. "I like having options. Besides, if I don't like it, we can always give it to Nash. She needs something to swing when things get close anyways. Even if she's bad at it." It reasoned with a chuckle.

"I heard that you sonuvabitch!" Nash called him out, half serious while still smirking a little. The ghoul wasn't wrong. She was more using her fists or a knife, nothing bigger than that.

Change Theme!