48 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Been a long time since we had a massive what's up thread. So what's up?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

I finished my second year of uni. Now I'm playing League again. Fuckin' yay.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#3 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

The sky DUH!

Seriously though not much, just been reading, painting and getting annoyed with Dead Money...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Just seen the new Mad Max, It is actually on my top 5 all-time movie list

Posted Image

#5 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

• Trying and failing to start studying for exams.

• Waiting for EC to come out.

• PRAISEing THE SUN!!!

• Thinking what to do with the copious amounts of money I haven't spent this whole year.

• LOTS of LAN parties.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

You could gather all your money and see if you could fund someone or something to make an Anime character come to life... Just saying...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

I thought Mad Max had zero story and suffered for it, though it gets praise for having a strong female lead that wasn't sexualised or helpless.

For the last month or so a good chunk of us thought my gf had passed on from this world, no one had heard from her. She wasn't allowed to use screens as a test to see if it reduced her crippling seizure frequency (which it did) so a system was established to pass messages between us through her flatmate/friend. Turns out that friend was saying she was passing stuff along and I wasn't replying much, so suffice to say that friend got chargrilled when the truth came out, but the last month sucked for all of us who know her.

In terms of games, I am playing Warframe on PC as it natively supports the Xbox One controller and I have many people to play with. Dabbled in the new WoW expansion but didn't even make it to max level this time before my bore-ometer maxed out. We've idled back on LoL because there seems to be more derps and less decent people these days, so instead of winning every second game, we win 1 in 5 now and it was driving us insane. 

In real life, I have just had my abstract accepted for my first conference paper, so in August I have to present at an annual conference here in Christchurch..... right smack bang in the middle of the planned tour dates for our trip round New Zealand. Pilot and I will just need to wiggle the dates around to make sure I'm in town on that day

cruSig2.jpg

#8 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

Video gaming life: waiting for the witcher 3 to come out.

Real life: preparing to start up own business buying 2nd hand motorbikes, doing them up (complete overhaul, stripping them down, replacing any even slightly sub par parts and either re-painting or just getting a totally new body kit) then selling them on for a profit. Oh and going to America for a couple of weeks on the 25 of next month so if any of you Americans wanna say hi or punch me in the face (either/or) I'll be in Clinton, Iowa.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#9 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

I thought Mad Max had zero story and suffered for it, though it gets praise for having a strong female lead that wasn't sexualised or helpless.

Mad Max does have a story, they all did. It's not even a bad story, quite good actually. It's because the way the film is shown (one big action scene) people think the story is bad just because its being shown in a way they are not used to. I would recommend this film to anyone, It's the best thing I have ever seen. It's absolutely beautiful as well.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#10 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

I should really be revising.... 

then i realised that the module i am sitting tomorrow i have already passed so the pressure isn't there XD got to love first year computer science! 

I have also realised how long it has been since I have visited the forums here! I'm aghast, now there's so much to catch up on! 

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

I should really be revising.... 

then i realised that the module i am sitting tomorrow i have already passed so the pressure isn't there XD got to love first year computer science! 

I have also realised how long it has been since I have visited the forums here! I'm aghast, now there's so much to catch up on! 

I am in the EXACT same situation, got 3 exams, 2 in ComSci, already done enough to pass, even if I don't show up for the exams, can't stop playing video games... and been neglecting forum posting a lot sadly.

• Warmonger likes this

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

I am in the EXACT same situation, got 3 exams, 2 in ComSci, already done enough to pass, even if I don't show up for the exams, can't stop playing video games... and been neglecting forum posting a lot sadly.

It's that time of year when the forum dies down a bit, northern hemisphere final exam period. It's always been like that even when we were roaring ahead with 200 daily posters and bossing it up on SM. ./shrug

cruSig2.jpg

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Gotta add one to the list: Staring at JC's botylicious ass.

Mmmm...

What? Like you weren't all doing it too.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

Nah I was looking at his Anime Pillows...

#15 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Just chillin'.

Posted Image

#16 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

Gaming wise playing Destiny and Neverwinter, Destiny new DLC well more grinding, story missions took a little over 1hr, 1 new strike, horde mode that only has matchmaking for the lowest difficulty, new Pvp mode but I don't have a team to play with..on a plus my XB1 started working properly no clue why I hadn't used it in over a month.

Looking for a job, my plant is getting shutdown to move the business to a failing plant in the USA! yay! The plant I work at was a growing profitable company so way to go on a smart choice there.

Somehow my wifes expecting again, Doctors said our first child was a one in a million, now we have another on the way! lol so I am thinking the Doctors in the UK may have bought their degree! lol

Edited by NinjaJohnno, 26 May 2015 - 01:55 PM.

Super Bolter ftw

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

Gratz on the new minion on the way, but bugger on the work thing. Kind of par for the course in the UK right now though.

I'm headed back into Final Fantasy 15 (FFXIV) in time for the new expansion, most of the gripes I had have been fixed over the last year. They've fixed up the lag issue (game hitting you with aoe when you're half a continent outside the marks on the ground) as best they can without re-writing the game mechanics and the dungeon finder now covers raids, so those of us who lack a dedicated guild can still do the content. 

cruSig2.jpg

#18 Chaoslord1977

Chaoslord1977

Devourer of souls & melter of faces

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Work, work, work, explosions, gunfire, sleep for twenty mins & repeat with subtle differences in the order of things! A day in the life of chaos lol 😁
"MEET MY FACEMELTER!"

#19 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Gratz on the new minion on the way, but bugger on the work thing. Kind of par for the course in the UK right now though.

I'm headed back into Final Fantasy 15 (FFXIV) in time for the new expansion, most of the gripes I had have been fixed over the last year. They've fixed up the lag issue (game hitting you with aoe when you're half a continent outside the marks on the ground) as best they can without re-writing the game mechanics and the dungeon finder now covers raids, so those of us who lack a dedicated guild can still do the content. 

Yea the birth and the redundancy coincide as well, so interesting times, then again I have worked out that they will owe me around 7-8 months pay with the redundancy package they are offering so may be time to enjoy a month or two with my missus and the little ones.

People are in worse situations, so I can't complain to hard.

Super Bolter ftw

#20 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Killing fucked over seas that's whats been up with me lol