Photo

What non 40k game are you most looking forward to in 2015?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Yeah that seems to be the norm nowadays, some DLC is ok I can see why but others where it usually becomes a pay to win style of game EG buy DLC and get newer weapons which haven't been balanced as much (LOOKING AT YOU FAMAS FROM BF3!) but some I don't mind DLC when it is just for a single player RPG like Skyrim's DLCs which personally all except for Hearthfire added in a nice amount of new content to fool around with like the Vampire/Werewolf perk trees, Solstheim to explore, killing a Legendary Dragon and other fun stuff. Did have its down sides like Dragon Riding was nothing like it was wanted. =/

I personally have no interest in Evolve and heard some badish stuff from a few mates about it so that put me off it that little bit more.

yeah, but here is the distinct difference between skyrim and evolve. Skyrim actually had dlc's that came out months later that were proper dlc. I felt that I easily got my $60 worth gladly paid for the later DLC's. Evolve is not that. I am pretty much crusading against this switch in the industry. 

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#22 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

yeah, but here is the distinct difference between skyrim and evolve. Skyrim actually had dlc's that came out months later that were proper dlc. I felt that I easily got my $60 worth gladly paid for the later DLC's. Evolve is not that. I am pretty much crusading against this switch in the industry. 

Evolve is more like League of Legends, you can unlock characters instantly or grind endlessly and unlock them normally. Another comparison would be the battlefield 3 weapon packs

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#23 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

Huzzar for pointless DLCs I guess then...

I never knew if anyone actually ever bought the weapon packs for Battlefield. Unlocking weapons seemed like it was part of the game and buying it to me seems like playing a game and then buying levels... Just kind of kills off the game a bit since I like playing while I still have things to unlock when I have everything its more of a sure I'll keep playing because why not...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#24 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

Skyrim had tons of content as well without the DLC, but I think Skyrim is a good example of DLC done very well.

Destiny the content and story is lacking, tbh the DLC adds little but it's almost a required, and locking people out of content when they add DLC when they weren't locked out before is plain wrong.

I think few people are getting it right at the moment.
Super Bolter ftw

#25 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Also I know this is a 40K game but Deathwing looks awesome.
Super Bolter ftw

#26 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Also I know this is a 40K game but Deathwing looks awesome.
Super Bolter ftw

#27 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Well Destiny I haven't touched in a week, I play usually play every Tuesday with a group and go through a grind of Nightfalls and Raids with a mixture sometimes I just do Nightfalls sometimes Raids and sometimes no one is really on and we do it the next day other than that I usually avoid Destiny as I have no real incentive to play until the next DLC, I'm level 32 and have some Elemental primary weapons, I don't care about other things now and only really appear when someone would like my help in a raid or something.

Other than that I'll be play Dragon Age on Nightmare or using hordes of Germanians and killing Romans...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#28 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

Right now for me I live on World of Tanks. Not much in the imminent future to interest me sadly. All the semi-decent games seem to be June onwards

cruSig2.jpg

#29 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Well I'm keeping an eye out for a sale on a couple of indie games:

• Besiege
  • The Long Dark
  • Life Is Strange
  • The Forest
  • Banished
  • Transistor

Recently picked up Murdered Souls Suspect for £2

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#30 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Yeah that Square sale was pretty epic, newish game for $2.99. Star Wars Humble Bundle is awesome too

cruSig2.jpg

#31 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

BL2 is a good example of DLC done right as well.

I wont pre-order any games this year now due to last years disappointments.

Can anyone tell me how good the Dragon Age games are?

If they aren't any good I will fire up the PS2 again, found all the Rachet and Clank games now! haha and Zone of the Enders 1-2

Super Bolter ftw

#32 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

DA:Origins I loved, DA:II wasn't that enjoyable for me and DA:Inquisition is pretty fucking awesome. Still playing it on Nightmare at the moment...

They will require a bit of time since they are a bit time demanding...

#33 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

DA:Inquisition is pretty fucking awesome. 

Would love it if it wasn't for Origin, I stick to my boycott until it dies or works.

Posted Image

#34 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Origins graphics aren't amazing but the gameplay numbers among the best out there. DA2 was very pretty and the combat improvements were amazing, but it did suffer from being a filler game. DA3 is basically a single player MMO and is not worth playing if you do not have time to sink into an MMO type game.

I also find the combat system in DA3 to be one of the worst of any RPG games I have played. Absolutely terrible decision to remove healing spells and until you get the advanced classes you just seem.... vanilla. I honestly enjoyed low level combat in Morrowind more, and those who played it will understand the depths of that allegation. 

I enjoy BL2 but have a hard time talking nice about it, after all they did plain up steal and lie in order to make it (cough Colonial Marines cough). 

cruSig2.jpg

#35 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Cool thanks guys.

Cru Colonial Marines has to be the game I have and will forever be most disappointed with.
Super Bolter ftw

#36 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

Cool thanks guys.

Cru Colonial Marines has to be the game I have and will forever be most disappointed with.

Yeah it was absolute crap. It also had most of it's programmers and funds redirected into BL2 hence my comment

cruSig2.jpg

#37 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

A game that i picked up and is quite a bit of fun is Darkest Dungeon. The game is evil. XD
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#38 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm very tempted to just go dig out my ps2 and play battlefront 2...
  • An_A10_Pilot likes this

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#39 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Something people might be interested in, all 3 Overlord games (I see Raising Hell as a seperate game) are on sale for £3.74, the first game is only 87p.

Now I'm not telling you that you should buy it... But what the hell are you doing reading this when you should be buying it!?!

Posted Image

#40 MutilatedRelic

MutilatedRelic

Meatshield

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

No mans sky. Mad Max. (Keeping my fingers crossed for a new Resistance). Dead Island 2. and Dragons Dogma online.

Change Theme!