Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

I do not know if anyone else actively plays or played Dark Souls 2, but I still wish to share this.

According from what I have read, the three DLCs are:

-Crown of the Sunken King (Vendrick's, off of Black Gulch) July 22ed

-Crown of the Old Iron King (Take a Guess, probably off Iron Keep) August 26th

-Crown of the Ivory King (Maybe Aldia or Gwyn, probably off Tseldora) September 24th

All together, the length of the DLCs for a normal player will be about 1 and 1/2 times that of Artorias of The Abyss.

The difficulty of the demo suggests that the criticizes about the relative easiness of Dark Souls 2 were heard, and now they have upped the difficulty, with some reviewers saying it is on par with the other Souls series, if not greater in some regards. 

The prices will be $10 per DLC ($30 total) or a $25 season pass for PC.

[spoiler=Sources]

http://www.polygon.c...c-kicked-my-ass

[/spoiler]

Edited by Cobalt, 16 July 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

Moved to "Other Gaming" (as we don't have an Action category and it's not really an RPG). Please don't dump threads which have a topic they belong to in Off Topic; DX is not the sort of muppet you want as a role model! (he's the cereal offender at that fuck up).

That said, I've never actually played Dark Souls. Is it sort of like Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom? Visually appealing, story driven action game with some diluted RPG elements to pad it out?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Yeah I figured it would be moved. Thanks.

That is a good comparison, it's just that the general story is there but the plot itself is very minimalistic in nature.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

Personally I have no interest in Dark Souls but Cru, I'm fan-fucking-tastic. Admit it, you'd be lucky to have me as a role model....

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'm waiting for their to be some sort of ultimate edition where all the DLC's and game is combined, those versions are usually the most stable, so will wait until it's on a Steam Sale or something.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#6 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

I flipping love dark souls. Great series. Currentry working thru my third character in DS 2. I am extremely excited for these dlc's.

As for minimalist story, if you take it at face value and don't really explore, yes it is minimalist. But if you go out and explore there is so much lore and stories you can find it is incredible.

Also I disagree with this not being a role playing game.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#7 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Definitely getting it and cru, in answer to your question Dark Souls and its predecessor series Deamon Souls are JRPG's done in the style of western RPG's. Best way I can describe it is think Skyrim in third person but actually difficult. As for the story, you are given the bare bones of a background and then you build your own story based on item descriptions, the appearance of environments and enemies and scraps of information gained by conversing with NPC's.

Edited by Fuzzy, 16 July 2014 - 06:03 PM.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#8 fklm

fklm

War Leader of the Battle Company

• Members
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

It's Skyrim for Sadists
Squire, bring me my lag sword.

#9 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nah, if it were for sadists I wouldn't like it :P definitely more for the masochists ;)

Edited by Fuzzy, 16 July 2014 - 10:28 PM.

• An_A10_Pilot likes this

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#10 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

It is the RPG for people who are extremely masochistic or love an extremely difficult challenge. 

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

It is the RPG for people who are extremely masochistic or love an extremely difficult challenge. 

That's why I REALLY want it, but I can't buy the first one because GFWL refuses to fucking die, and I can't buy the second because of the price and it being worser than the first one, and it still being a pretty bad PC port, so I'm waiting for the price to go down and for From Software or modders to fix the game first.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#12 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Dark Souls 2 is not directly worse than Dark Souls 1, and people need to appreciate it for the good game it is. Sure the innovations make the game easier and more "newb friendly", but it is still a challenging game that was fun to play. Of course comparing it to the original will make it seem inferior, but it doesn't make it bad.

Edited by Cobalt, 17 July 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#13 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Not even that, Dark Souls 2 truly shines in new game plus. New enemies, harder AI, new items and different item descriptions that reveal more of the worlds lore.

Change Theme!