Photo

Catty/Iron Breakup...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Countless times I have signed in to this site to start a pointless topic, write a more or less cleaver reply, or just stay updated on what happens on this area of the internet.

Sadly, this is not one of those times...

Me and Catty have been together for almost seven years. During those years, we have struggled against things you could hardly imagine, and been trough situations that would certainly have broken weaker couples. But regardless, our love for one another have always led us to fight on.

But no more.

As many of you should be aware of, Catty had meningitis during the summer of 2013. Even though she defeated the disease, it still managed to inflict grave wounds upon her.. The greatest casualty in the battle was her memory.

With a big part of her memory lost to her, so too was the majority of our relationship together. Without the memory of who we had been, what we had achieved together, and how we came to be as we are now, it became difficult for Catty to be in this relationship with me. She still had warm feelings for me, but the "Spark" was gone...

Nevertheless, we refused to give in, so we did what we do best. The only thing we knew how to do. We struggled. We fought. For each other, for our relationship, and for our future.

That was almost a year ago. Almost a whole year of trying to piece our relationship together again..

With stubbornness, fighting spirit, love and compassion you can move mountains.

But you can't change the feelings of the heart....

We still love each other.

We do...

But without that spark, it is but a pale shadow of what it once was.

So we sat down together one last time as a couple to talk.

Talk about or imminent defeat. About or life together, and what awaited us on the horizon.

And together, as a couple, we decided that it was better to end it on good terms, before the missing spark turned our once great relationship into a state of decay and we would grow bitter against the person who once was the most loved one in our life.

We broke up four weeks ago. We're still clinging to the hope that we will find our way back to each other, but as it is now, a relationship won't work.

We thought you all deserved to know.

And now you do.. 

Posted Image

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

I know what it's like to lose a relationship to events you cannot control, and to spend what seems like an eternity trying to grab the pieces and put it back together. I know how soul crushing it is, so you have my utmost sympathy.

I can't really say anymore, other than the pure understatement "That really sucks mate"

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

What!?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

D=

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

Lean on me iron...I kniow that feeling man...Come back to sanctuary ...Give yourself a place to Forget for a bit. Thats waht i uase it for

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#5 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Oh wow, I'm so sorry, for both of you.

I doubt there's anything I can say to help, but I can hope for the best for you guys.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#6 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

We've spoken afew times man and as I've said each and every time I am here for both of you and am willing to do anything at all in my power to try and comfort you.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#7 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Well... dude, have a man hug from me. I can't imagine what that must feel like, but if I can do anything to help, I'm here. You have my deepest sympathies, and I hope you can find solace elsewhere in time.
Thank you for letting us know. Good luck man.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#8 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

I did not enjoy reading this. 

I'm so sorry to hear that man, it's a truly terrible thing. I geniunly don't know how to respond. I wish you both all the best. :/ 

Posted Image

#9 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I apologize for the delay of replying to this. I was speechless for quite a while. The fun and shenanigans you two had on the site was awesome. This is extremely unfortunate and I hope that someday you two be able to reignite the embers of your relationship.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#10 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Thoughts are with you both.

That's a brave decision from both of you, but hopefully it will at least preserve your friendship.

Either way meningitis is an evil illness and that's a cruel outcome, like I said before thoughts are with you both.
Super Bolter ftw

#11 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

I pray that the term "Better late than never" still possesses a grain of truth..

With the use of my kind-of-dark powers, I pull this thread from it's stale grave.

The purpose of this lowly necrothreadomancy is fairly simple.

Both Catty and I appreciates all of your kind words and responses, and we both want to thank you all for it.

Now i intend to let this thread resume being dead, I just wanted to mention our gratitude.

• JC 042, Fuzzy and Authrix like this

Posted Image

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Locked and preserved

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!