68 replies to this topic

#21 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Well Scottish Parliament at the moment is kind of useless. Personally I can see why some of the Scots would want independence since the current Government hasn't been devolved Parliament properly to other countries within the UK.

Personally I'd prefer us not to separate in a way, I think Scotland is still keeping the monarchy as the head of state so you can't be that smart... ;)

Still if you lot choose independence fair enough we'll just rebuild Hadrian's Wall >=D

But seriously doubt much will really be that effected as long as we maintain good relations, US might be annoyed with you when you remove nuclear arms from Scotland as the weapons there are US weapons...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#22 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Yeah we'd still be part of the Commonwealth but it'd be up to us if we wanted to join the 4th Reich (EU) or not.

Personally I dislike the Head of State, Elizabeth II, and the EU.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#23 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'll come right out and say I hate all of it. But hey, not like our opinions matter  :dodgy:

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#24 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Of course our opinions matter. Our government /loves/ to hear them and appreciates what we have to say

*heavy use of sarcasm*

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#25 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

It's like they actually care about running the country for its benefit!

I cannot oblige Pony.

#26 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Having a Monarchy to me seems undemocratic by the fact they are born into power rather than voted in and we cannot vote them out. The Monarchy is stripped of power to an extent since Magna Carta as Parliament can overrule the King/Queen and they supposedly have more power than the Monarchy which is symbolized every time Parliament is opened when the door to the House of Commons is slammed in the face of the Queen/King's representative and they have to knock to enter.

Although if Scotland tries to join the EU they cannot just become a member they will have to jump through all the hoops the EU puts forward...

It is more the Government has to deal with a lot of issues and must annoy the fuck out of them and it never ceases to amaze people how stupid some people can be.

I wouldn't mind an independent group to talk about the EU so that its not a biased view on it because if you ask Labour, Lib Dems or Conservatives they will say will need to stay in, well most Conservatives say that while others want reforms and some just want out now and UKIP wants out and if you ask me when your country/nation is unable to make its own decisions or laws then you really should just leave them. 

Many EU laws I disprove of like allowing to give Prisoners the vote which if someone commits murder they shouldn't have any say on how the country is supposed to be, I could understand for a short term prison sentence if they are released before General Election but if they are in prison then you don't deserve to be given a vote. Also EU green taxes are making it much more impossible to pay for electricity and heating these days... All I know is Britain isn't out of the hard times yet and probably will still be in hard times for the next decade or two. =/

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#27 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

The EU need to basically disband as it causes nothing but trouble for the countries within it. Unlike the rest of the UK, Scotland will automatically join MATO as it is a non-nuclear country. Yet the UK will have to Reapply as a Nuclear country and pass through NATO's hoops and hurdles

#28 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Well the EU could work but its change from a union of nations who trade it has become a full parliament and Government which now does loads of stuff that it wasn't intended to do. It just needs to change and if the EU doesn't change it will collapse. =/

#29 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

The UK is not a democracy, it's a constitutional monarchy - people forget that.

If Scotland goes independant they won't take all the UK debt with them, so you'll suddenly have a very resource rich country that's instantly further down the road to economic recovery. The EU will be clamboring to get friendly

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#30 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Cru gets it.

#31 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Cru gets it.

Not many people realise that over 75% of natural resources (coal, gas, oil, fresh water, etc) is located in Scotland

cruSig2.jpg

#32 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Unfortunately that is correct. Ahhh human ignorance...will we ever see it end?

#33 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Unfortunately that is correct. Ahhh human ignorance...will we ever see it end?

Yes, ragnarok

cruSig2.jpg

#34 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:23 AM

Well Ragnarok was supposed to happen a few months back wasn't it? =P

Scotland will be forced by the Conservatives to take some of the debt though, not a chance David Cameron will allow Scotland to leave without taking some debt or Wales and Northern Ireland will try to leave as soon as possible so they don't have to pay off their debt =P

Personally I don't know what the situation is up in Scotland but I doubt its much worse than in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire... Most we have to deal with is idiots saying Wind Turbines ruin a landscape and are an Eyesore....

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

Well Ragnarok was supposed to happen a few months back wasn't it? =P

Scotland will be forced by the Conservatives to take some of the debt though, not a chance David Cameron will allow Scotland to leave without taking some debt or Wales and Northern Ireland will try to leave as soon as possible so they don't have to pay off their debt =P

Personally I don't know what the situation is up in Scotland but I doubt its much worse than in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire... Most we have to deal with is idiots saying Wind Turbines ruin a landscape and are an Eyesore....

DC is saying we can't have a currency union and the debt is taken out by the pound. Simply put, his own tactics to scare scotland into submission will result in no debt

cruSig2.jpg

#36 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

DC wants Scotland to take 1/4 of the debt because it is one of the 4 UK countries... The SNP have told him where to shove that as Scotland doesn't owe anywhere as near as much as England does. I think they said they /may/ take 1/8th of the debt.

Scotland would be able to pay it off quickly anyways if it is that small.

The sad thing is, people forget just what Scotland has done for the world. Canada's first PM was Scottish as were most of the British Universities. Scots practically ran the East Indian Company and they also brought around numerous vital inventions.

People don't give Scotland enough credit. With all the money Scotland makes from: Tourism (Edinburgh Castle, Loch Ness, Ben Nevis etc.), Oil (Can rent our platforms to Americans like we did before), Alcohol production (Whiskey mainly ahah), and the Shortbread & other national foods industries.... Scotland would easily fund its way.

Ditching the Trident Nuclear Weapons Programme would save £100 Billon.

Naturally, if we got independence, there's be a momentary minuscule economical decline whilst it got it's footing. Yet within the year or the next, Scotland would be over £1000+ better off per citizen than if it were with the UK.

Besides, even if the economic depression lasts a wee while, what happens to us now and what we deal with now, paves the way for the future generations of families in Scotland.

You may not like the SNP, you may not like Alex, You may not even have a sense of patriotism etc /but/ just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should spoil the next generations chances at life.

#37 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

The single thing that makes me think twice about it is what it'll do to the rest of the UK. Then I remember Thatcher and DC and don't care anymore

[spoiler="SMS Message To David Cameron"]

6182014052950a1A302b700bv1.jpg

[/spoiler]

cruSig2.jpg

#38 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

It wouldn't do much as we would still partake in trades with the rest of the United Kingdom tbf. They, and the commonwealth countries/Overseas British Territories with the Union Jack as part of their flag, will have to redesign their flags that's what is upsetting them

#39 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Fuck all this political crap. We're all going to die sooner or later anyway.
  • Authrix likes this

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#40 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Fuck all this political crap. We're all going to die sooner or later anyway.

THANK YOU.

I cannot oblige Pony.

Change Theme!