50 replies to this topic

#21 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

Probably will do that. I know if I buy it now or in a couple of days just to annoy me some Steam sale will happen on Civ 5 reducing the price by 50+% just to annoy me =P

I'll let you know when I do buy it =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#22 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I am up for civ shenanigans. 

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#23 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

What are everyone's steam names anyway?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#24 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Scratch that, just found the GW group on steam. Haven't quite figured out how steam works just yet.

Get me added lads, my steam name is FuzzballV2

Edited by Fuzzy, 11 March 2014 - 02:40 PM.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#25 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I was going to add you but you seem to have already added me. Great! Less work for me to do. =D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#26 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

GWRS group on Steam is going to be spring cleaned soon. I'll be removing everyone I do not recognise and making it restricted join; basically it still has all the muppet, morons and strangers long since departed from here. My intention is we'll use it to do these games, so you can join the person hosting without the hassle of adding people as friends.

Also GWRS 2.0 has a Steam account thing for your profile, just look under my avatar & admin banner

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#27 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Might pick up BNW later, don't have the funds right now for it.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#28 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

GWRS group on Steam is going to be spring cleaned soon. I'll be removing everyone I do not recognise and making it restricted join; basically it still has all the muppet, morons and strangers long since departed from here. My intention is we'll use it to do these games, so you can join the person hosting without the hassle of adding people as friends.

Also GWRS 2.0 has a Steam account thing for your profile, just look under my avatar & admin banner

I was kicked off the Gothic Wars steam group, but I comment on the forum commonly-ish and do play games with others off steam. Can I be added back on? (steam name being CHEEKI BREEKI)

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#29 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I was kicked off the Gothic Wars steam group, but I comment on the forum commonly-ish and do play games with others off steam. Can I be added back on? (steam name being CHEEKI BREEKI)

Sorry mate, I went through and erred on the side of caution; kicking everyone I didn't recognize

I'll invite you back when I get a chance (if I forget please put a ticket in to remind me - tickets remind me regularly until I resolve them, PMs get forgotten once read); alternatively Pilot, Priest, Emp, Ariok or JC can do it as well

cruSig2.jpg

#30 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hey, everyone that does not have BNW, its on sale for Thursday (on steam) for only £5! if you are thinking about buying it, well now's the time!

Edited by ebonybrotherhood, 12 March 2014 - 08:05 PM.

• CruciasNZ and Armoured Priest like this

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#31 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure I buy it Thursday and hopefully have it running by Saturday which I think I'm free for at the moment =)

#32 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

and now I got it, woot!

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#33 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hey, everyone that does not have BNW, its on sale for Thursday (on steam) for only £5! if you are thinking about buying it, well now's the time!

Fuck, good spot :D

Perfect timing... ok so suspicious as well, perhaps the Steam integration on here passed word to the mothership we were wanting to buy this item.

cruSig2.jpg

#34 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I've got Brave New World downloaded and installed so I will try it out in a little bit so that I can get used to it =)

Are you sure Cru isn't in control of Steam sales? It is just Brave New World DLC that is on sale nothing else for Civ 5...

I had forgotten how good Steam deals are though. 75% off is a incredible deal. =D

#35 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Damn I think I may fall in love with steam at this rate. :D

#36 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

You need to add me as a friend for me to invite you. There's a few ppl with your username

cruSig2.jpg

#37 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

Forgot to ask this earlier but how long does a Civ 5 game last? I've played some Civ Rev games and they can last a few hours. Although when I can build the UN or World Bank I usually go into wars with people just because winning because I built something is kind of hollow in my mind.

#38 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

Forgot to ask this earlier but how long does a Civ 5 game last? I've played some Civ Rev games and they can last a few hours. Although when I can build the UN or World Bank I usually go into wars with people just because winning because I built something is kind of hollow in my mind.

5-8 hours would be my expectation of 10 players

cruSig2.jpg

#39 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

Just checking.

What are the win conditions?

How many City-States are there?

How much does the player skill vary? EG how good are the players playing as I wouldn't consider myself that good as I've only won a couple of games on Prince.

At the moment I'm still a bit rusty at Civ 5 forgot about the Happiness so my current play through with the Americans in the British Isles isn't going too well. I'm one of the richest Civilizations though...

#40 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Just checking.

What are the win conditions?

How many City-States are there?

How much does the player skill vary? EG how good are the players playing as I wouldn't consider myself that good as I've only won a couple of games on Prince.

At the moment I'm still a bit rusty at Civ 5 forgot about the Happiness so my current play through with the Americans in the British Isles isn't going too well. I'm one of the richest Civilizations though...

All win conditions are enabled

Prob 10 states, we use the map size default

Player skill varies greatly, myself and Naia are noobs basically, whereas Pilot would be above average

We play for fun, winning is optional. We also play in teams of 2 usually

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!